[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anyone know who the game's voice actors are?

HoldHarmonySacredHoldHarmonySacred
Reactions: 210
edited September 2018 in General Chat
What the title says. I've been curious as to who a lot of the voice actors are, but no one's compiled a cast list yet and I'm having trouble matching names to voices. So does anyone know who plays who?

For the record, so far I know for a fact that Sarah Williams played Angelic Buster and Sean Chiplock played dude Cadena, and I've heard rumor that Cristina Vee played Mercedes, Yuri Lowenthal played Phantom, Kira Buckland played Orchid, and Lucien Dodge played Xenon, but I can't find sources for those last four, and I'm clueless as to all the other VAs are. I'd love to learn who plays who though, or get a proper cast list going.
YinYangXFuhreak

Comments

• CodeMelCodeMel
    Reactions: 800
    edited September 2018
    I know Keith Silverstein voiced Will, I'm pretty sure Matt Mercer voiced Kyson
    HoldHarmonySacredYinYangXFuhreak
  • EsabindEsabind
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2018
    When I heard Kyson, I thought "Oh look. It's McCree. That's definitely Matthew Mercer." but I can't find it listed on his IMDB or his Wiki article.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Some players have speculated that Tara Strong voices Beta in Zero's storyline.

In some of the Maplestory animated shorts, Yuri Lowenthal and Tara Platt are featured, and Bruno Oliver voiced the Black Mage in the New Leaf Saga shorts. You can find a list of those actors and actresses here:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2071131/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm
    Brian Schmoyer, having animated, written, and directed the shorts also voiced a number of characters, however I do know that Schmoyer went through some problems and blames video games for said experiences, so I wouldn't put too much faith in him voicing any modern characters.

And there's an incomplete listing of Maplestory 2's cast here:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9119116/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
    There may be crossover between the two titles, as the pool of professional voice actors is actually rather small.

But as far as I know there hasn't been an official cast list compiled. IMDB does not have a page for Maplestory, and as you might have noticed above, their articles are rather incomplete to begin with.
    FuhreakInvulgo
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    I could have sworn Yuri Lowenthal played Xenon. And yes, Christina Vee does in fact play Mercedes. I can recognize that voice anywhere. Not sure about the others though. Also Kaiji Tang voices Luminous and he is another voice I can instantly recognize due to how distinct it is and his unique way of speaking.

On another note, I'm like 99% sure that Todd Haberkorn voices the player character in Grand Anthenaeum in the Cygnus story. I recently met him at an anime convention and I forgot to ask him about it. I've been playing that story on multiple characters for years and it drove me crazy because I couldn't figure out if it was him because that content's voice overs are so low you can barely hear them over the music (something I really wish Nexon would fix and its not just exclusive to that content. Some voice overs in different content have the same issue too, I.E. Cadena and Illiums and I've noticed with Illium that when you go to the sanctums in his storylines, the audio cuts itself off when it speaks the next dialogue lines...).

Then when I finally got a chance to talk to him and ask, I forgot. God, I still kick myself to this day for forgetting. But I guess being too starstruck from meeting someone I've always wanted to made me forget because we had to keep conversation to an minimum. I wish Nexon would compile a list of the voice actors they hire. It doesn't even have to be in game, they could just post them on the forums or something where it's easy to access and can just add to it as more content with voice overs is added.