[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

maple relay weapon can't be cubed

crimson24crimson24
Reactions: 815
edited November 2018 in General Chat
I clicked on the quest open the maple relay event UI and the tier 4 box says the weapon is 12 stars. I clicked on the maple relay under the event list, hovered over the box and it says " the equipment obtained from the box can use rebirth flames to reset bonus stats, but cannot use enhancement, potential reset, or transfer hammers."

The box from the event list says the weapon is 17 stars and has a potential that can't be changed. the box from the maple relay UI says the weapon is 12 stars.

before I spend hundreds of hours trying to get this weapon, does anyone know the truth because nexon clearly screwed up and gave us the wrong information about this event.

is the maple relay absolab weapon 12 stars or 17? and can it be cubed because the box in the event list says it cannot.

here is my discussion with the gm

that does not answer my question. can the maple relay absolab weapon's potential be reset with cubes or can it not be cubed?

GM Mikzilius Today at 17:04

Hello again Mapler,

Thank you for keeping in touch with us.

We are sorry if we did not answer your question on the previous response. For now, we'd inform you that any Absolab weapon coming from the maple relay event can't be cubed or upgraded. If you have a suggestion concerning cubing or upgrading your absolab, you can go to MapleStory Feedback and Suggestions. We do hope you understand this matter

If you have any questions or concerns in regards to another matter, please do not hesitate to submit a new ticket with a detailed explanation of the issue.

Sincerely,

GM Mikzilius
Nexon Player Support

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2018
  • crimson24crimson24
    edited November 2018
    Neospector wrote: »

can the weapon be cubed?
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited November 2018
    crimson24 wrote: »
    Neospector wrote: »

can the weapon be cubed?

All the ones from the previous events could, I don't see why this one would be any different.
    I hovered over the box myself and it says nothing about potential reset, only about enhancing, transferring and trading.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    We have received word from Nexon that the weapon has a fixed Unique potential of 9% damage, 35% boss damage, and 10% crit rate. Cubes cannot be used on it.
  • DtxDtx
    Reactions: 770
    edited November 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    We have received word from Nexon that the weapon has a fixed Unique potential of 9% damage, 35% boss damage, and 10% crit rate. Cubes cannot be used on it.

so after all these unexpected maintenance, 30 days grinding for the weapon and we can't even use cubes on it? Who the hell is up there.

Edit:

XteonsU.jpg
    Mikulover
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    I'd take akradian's word over anything nexon's support says. At least we can confirm Akradian plays the game.
  • crimson24crimson24
    edited November 2018
    Dtx wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »

so after all these unexpected maintenance, 30 days grinding for the weapon and we can't even use cubes on it? Who the hell is up there.

Edit:

XteonsU.jpg

are you saying that it can be cubed and that akradian is wrong?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    I'd take akradian's word over anything nexon's support says. At least we can confirm Akradian plays the game.

Unfortunately, playing the game is not enough in order to know these answers. Otherwise, nobody here would even need to ask.

I trust my source at Nexon more than I trust their Customer Support department. Past Relay events gave a 12-star AbsoLab that could be recubed. Perhaps the GM was looking at an outdated description of such events.
    However, if you all remember the question of LAB Legion Blocks, we got at least 3 different "official" answers from Nexon through the event notes and through Arwoo, and the end result wasn't quite what any of them said.

I will try to press for an official commitment via web notice, but such is unlikely to be posted before Monday, if at all.
    For now I would suggest continuing to participate in Relay, if you can.
  • ZeifsZeifs
    Reactions: 675
    edited November 2018
    They've done this event in Korea already, does anyone know if theirs was cubeable?

I'm more inclined to believe that they will copy and paste the weapon from KMS so if it's not possible there then it's probably not possible here. Same on the reverse.
  • DtxDtx
    edited November 2018
    The box says what you can not do with the weapon, and cubing is not in that list.
  • crimson24crimson24
    edited November 2018
    The box says what you can not do with the weapon, and cubing is not in that list.

not being able to cube it actually is on that list. if you hover over the box from the event tab it says that its potential cannot be reset.
  • KaraxxKaraxx
    Reactions: 910
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Is it gonna be 70% scrolled?
  • DtxDtx
    edited November 2018
    crimson24 wrote: »

not being able to cube it actually is on that list. if you hover over the box from the event tab it says that its potential cannot be reset.

Lol just checked the event on tab, it can't be used by Zero characters, but says nothing about Illium / Cadena.

So all we can do is wait till event finishes and see by ourselves what we can and what we can't do with the weapon. This is a fiesta.
  • crimson24crimson24
    edited November 2018
    I sent a ticket and gm mikzilius just confirmed that the absolab weapon from the maple relay event cannot be cubed.
  • crimson24crimson24
    edited November 2018
    here is my discussion with the gm

that does not answer my question. can the maple relay absolab weapon's potential be reset with cubes or can it not be cubed?

GM Mikzilius Today at 17:04

Hello again Mapler,

Thank you for keeping in touch with us.

We are sorry if we did not answer your question on the previous response. For now, we'd inform you that any Absolab weapon coming from the maple relay event can't be cubed or upgraded. If you have a suggestion concerning cubing or upgrading your absolab, you can go to MapleStory Feedback and Suggestions. We do hope you understand this matter

If you have any questions or concerns in regards to another matter, please do not hesitate to submit a new ticket with a detailed explanation of the issue.

Sincerely,

GM Mikzilius
    Nexon Player Support

• GIGEORGEGIGEORGE
    Reactions: 200
    Why don't we all just petition for them to remove all these dumb restrictions? The weapon should act like its counterpart, or you might as well call it something else. To have an Absolab weapon that can't be cubed or upgraded is confusing. Hopefully if we can get enough petition they will fix this mess. They gave us the cake and now we don't get to eat it.