[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

2h weapon visual update was a mistake

hanaflorhanaflor
Reactions: 500
edited November 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
All I want to do is hug my seal pillow, Nexon. This doesn't even make sense.

FL75bEW.png

Comments

• L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    It's probably best to have an option. I'm sure there are weapons that look better originally while others that don't.

Ask any xbowmen and I'm sure they'll disagree with your statement.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    The change was good for in-game gear, like crossbows and 2h swords that cover your face (and top) and aren't meant to be hugged. Slinging them on the character's back looks good.
    However, many years of weapon covers were made specifically to take care of that issue, and like this seal cushion, are meant to be "hugged" (or dragged, in 1h pose). They look odd when slung on the back.

I will forward the concern to Nexon. I am curious to see more suggestions for a solution, in this thread.
    SlicedTimeArgent
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    edited November 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    The change was good for in-game gear, like crossbows and 2h swords that cover your face (and top) and aren't meant to be hugged. Slinging them on the character's back looks good.
    However, many years of weapon covers were made specifically to take care of that issue, and like this seal cushion, are meant to be "hugged" (or dragged, in 1h pose). They look odd when slung on the back.

I will forward the concern to Nexon. I am curious to see more suggestions for a solution, in this thread.

can you take a look at my thread as well before I spend 100+ hours getting a maple relay weapon that can't be cubed.
  • hanaflorhanaflor
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2018
    How about an opt-in solution that allows you to sling your weapon over your shoulder, if applicable.

SPL2mhB.png
  • RayKudaRayKuda
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited November 2018
    Would be nice if all 2h weapons had this feature and the feature was toggle.
    unknown.png
    SlicedTime
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    Reactions: 1,660
    edited November 2018
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    It's probably best to have an option. I'm sure there are weapons that look better originally while others that don't.

Ask any xbowmen and I'm sure they'll disagree with your statement.

Nah, I'm a Marksman and I've always loved the way we hug our crossbows.

For suggestions on how to improve this, I am all for the opt-in idea. Please make this feature an option that we can tick/untick in settings, or something.

I really want to be able to hold my Toy Machine Gun properly again, as that was a key part of my outfit. It's completely wrong being hidden on my back.
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    edited November 2018
    lol
  • wahahahaawahahahaa
    Reactions: 100
    As a Marksman and WH player, I want my xbow to be in front again pls...