[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Impossible to do gollux prequest, sad reason

MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
Reactions: 1,000
edited November 2018 in General Chat
I am currently at the gollux quest where I need to kill those leprechauns in shadow veil forest 3. The reason I can't complete the quest is because... botters.

They are in every channel in shadow veil forest 3 and there is no other map with leprechauns..

It is this bad that legit players can't even do quests in peace lol

Please get rid of them, or let me handle them

Comments

• bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited November 2018
    LOL, that sucks but unfortunately that is the way of GMS these days. Just have to share the screen and do your best. Maybe hit it right after a maintenance before the hackers can spawn their bots. I no longer worry about being in the same place as these parasytes. If I need to be on the same screen as botters to fullfill a quest or get a familiar (Mr. Allie) I'm going to do it. It's not my fault they are allowed to run wild and dominate game content. That is on Nexon for not taking care of their own game so I'll not be worried about them banning me when they give me no other options.
  • YodaYoda
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited November 2018
    bootlicker wrote: »
    I no longer worry about being in the same place as these parasytes. If I need to be on the same screen as botters to fullfill a quest or get a familiar (Mr. Allie) I'm going to do it. It's not my fault they are allowed to run wild and dominate game content. That is on Nexon for not taking care of their own game so I'll not be worried about them banning me when they give me no other options.

Unfortunately you can get banned for doing this. It happened to me. It's really unfair that YOU have to change channels because this "things" invade your map. I've been reporting them just hoping THEY get banned and not me.

• ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited November 2018
    Thanks for letting us know. We can have our team check out around Shadow Veil Forest 3 for any botters.
  • MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited November 2018
    bootlicker wrote: »
    LOL, that sucks but unfortunately that is the way of GMS these days. Just have to share the screen and do your best. Maybe hit it right after a maintenance before the hackers can spawn their bots. I no longer worry about being in the same place as these parasytes. If I need to be on the same screen as botters to fullfill a quest or get a familiar (Mr. Allie) I'm going to do it. It's not my fault they are allowed to run wild and dominate game content. That is on Nexon for not taking care of their own game so I'll not be worried about them banning me when they give me no other options.

Yup that did the trick, maps empty after maintenance and got it done lol
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Thanks for letting us know. We can have our team check out around Shadow Veil Forest 3 for any botters.

Thanks, appreciate it. Even though I am done the quest and don't need the map anymore there will be others running into this problem later on