[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Evan's quest "Releasing the Free Spirits" bug

luurankoluuranko
Reactions: 520
edited November 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Quest
Brief bug summary: The Free Spirit is not attacking the Safe Guard

More details: When I go to the field "Safe - 1st Entrance" and release the Free Spirit, it just moves past the Safe Guard instead of attacking it. The Free Spirit only attacks me.

Character name: skeledon

Character level: 73 (70 when first starting the quest)

Character job: Evan

World name: Luna

Date and time of the incident: 15.11.2018, I first started the quest at around 8PM (Eastern European time)

Comments

• RoronoaOpRoronoaOp
    Reactions: 420
    edited November 2018
    I'm having the same issue
  • RoronoaOpRoronoaOp
    edited November 2018
    When releasing the free spirit from the black bag it does not do damage to the guard making it impossible to complete the quest
  • shukalashukala
    Reactions: 100
    Brief bug summary: The Free Spirit is not attacking the Safe Guard but damage my character

More details: When I go to the field "Safe - 1st Entrance" and release the Free Spirit, it just moves past the Safe Guard instead of attacking it. The Free Spirit only attacks me.

Character name: EragonDFirst

Character level: 76 (70 when first trying the quest), continue to level up in the meantime

World name: mardia

date: yesterday (17/18)
  • shukalashukala
    edited November 2018
    Brief bug summary: The Free Spirit is not attacking the Safe Guard but damage my character

Character name: EragonDFirst

Character level: 85 (70 when first trying the quest), continue to level up in the meantime

World name: mardia

Is there a way to change the tera burining character without delete it in the meantime?
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited November 2018
    Hiya, I’ve forwarded everyone’s reports to get this looked at.

If you happen to have any screenshots or videos of this bug occurring, it would really help QA in replicating the problem.
  • ImbImb

Character name: ImBlackSamTv

Character level: 72 (70 when first trying the quest), continue to level up in the meantime

World name: Reboot

• ImbImb
    edited November 2018

Character name: ImBlackSamTv

Character level: 72 (70 when first trying the quest), continue to level up in the meantime

• KaramelPopKaramelPop
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2018
    s!AnJKwWpHbBFHgk88kwbKp8Ky5QrL
    Bottom Right Corner
    Aang11597
  • linksage25linksage25
    Reactions: 405

Character name: MirSage

Character level: 70

Date and time of the incident: 11/20/2018
    3nQXei.jpg
    Aang11597
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited November 2018
    Hey Guys!

Just letting you know the issue with the Free Spirit mob not functioning correctly is being looked into.

Thanks for the report!
    YinYangXluurankoscholar624linksage25Aang11597RoronoaOp
  • Aang11597Aang11597
    edited November 2018
    Awesome, if we can get an update as well when resolved, that'd be amazing. Sadly I get very one-track-minded and this is where my mind is at for MS :/ I have no ambition to do anything else ;_; I'm that kind of gamer (rip me). Can't wait to return when it's fixed! :D
    shukala wrote: »
    Is there a way to change the tera burining character without delete it in the meantime?

Nope, sorry.

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    shukala wrote: »
    "Oops I leveld my tera burning to 197 and I wanted to tera burn [job], please don't make me delete to change my tera burning character." *sigh*
  • gotto78gotto78

Character name: Magopax

Character level: 77

World name: luna

date: 2018/11/24
  • JohnKimxDeeJohnKimxDee

More details: When I go to the field "Safe - 1st Entrance" and release the Free Spirit, safeguard does not die even if in contact with the Spirit

Character name: JonKimXD

Character level: 130

date: 2018/11/25
  • AwsomegirlAwsomegirl

Character name: EvanBxtch

Character level: 91

• KennonKennon

More details: When I go to the field "Safe - 1st Entrance" and release the Free Spirit, safeguard does not die even if in contact with the Spirit

Character name: XxzlzonxX

World name: Bera

date: 2018/11/29
  • BloodsfireBloodsfire
    Reactions: 200

Character name: Chanevance

Character level: 178

• Jonathan6xDJonathan6xD
    Same problem

Bug summary: Entering Hidden Street "Safe - 1st Entrance" and releasing the Free Spirit does not hurt the Safe Guard on contact as it should.

Character name: xJayu

Character level: 154

• Aang11597Aang11597
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for the updates guys, I keep checkin' periodically for a period of time without a report. 10/10 wtb fix.
  • Godofall75Godofall75
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2018
    I'm also experiencing this issue lvl 163、 reboot name 、gododrake、 is nexon fixing this?
    Aang11597