[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please stop giving me unusable Nodestones

HousePetHousePet
Reactions: 1,245
edited November 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Getting a time limited Nodestone on a character that isn't 5th job yet is basically a slap in the face.

Either:
Stop making them time limited.
Allow them to be used before 5th job. (Just store the number somewhere and activate them when they become relevant.)
Give something else.
Allow me to convert them into non-time limited Spell Traces or something like that so they aren't a waste.

You can't even trade them within account, so you may as well just throw them away immediately if you get them on a character that isn't ready for them. Making them tradeable within account would be a small improvement, but if you don't have any 5th job characters yet? See the first line of this post.
foussiremixSlicedTimeFuhreakchaoscauserSuperboiPirateIzzy

Comments

• foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Ugh preach
    Why are they giving us them and they can't be traded
    I have on my ice lightning mage and bishop still the nodestones from the 5th job V event. They aren't lvl 200 so they rot .on these chars.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited November 2018
    Raises a good point. We will pass along this feedback
    chaoscauser
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2018
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Raises a good point. We will pass along this feedback

I think the yearly Christmas thing gives one of two medals dependent on a player's level, so it shouldn't be unreasonable to swap out time-limited nodestones for something of comparable worth for people below 200. Although this would then raise the question of "how far below?" for the cutoff.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    While you're at it, can you find a replacement for Character Slot coupons (for accounts that are already maxed out) and Storage Slot coupons (again, for accounts that have max Storage already)?
    ArgentDaxterbeerFuhreakYinYangXSuperboiPirateIzzy
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    While you're at it, can you find a replacement for Character Slot coupons (for accounts that are already maxed out) and Storage Slot coupons (again, for accounts that have max Storage already)?

I'm not sure if you're snarking at me or if that's a legitimate suggestion. Text is difficult to read the mood and intent of sometimes.

It would be nice, though, having usable stand-ins for those items for players who have no further need of them. I'm not sure how character slot coupons could be modified for those with no further need, but for the storage room coupons, perhaps going forward simply give selective slot coupons that include an option for storage room expansion and can be traded through storage. I know there are very few, if any, players who have their character slots maxed out, and their storage slots maxed out and every inventory tab of every character maxed out.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited November 2018
    A choose your own reward system would be nice even if it were limited to choosing from 1 of 3 items that aren't untradable power elixers please for the love of god I would rather have time limited nodes I can't use yet over something I can acquire so easily in the game on my own.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »

I'm not sure if you're snarking at me or if that's a legitimate suggestion. Text is difficult to read the mood and intent of sometimes.

It would be nice, though, having usable stand-ins for those items for players who have no further need of them. I'm not sure how character slot coupons could be modified for those with no further need, but for the storage room coupons, perhaps going forward simply give selective slot coupons that include an option for storage room expansion and can be traded through storage. I know there are very few, if any, players who have their character slots maxed out, and their storage slots maxed out and every inventory tab of every character maxed out.

Think it's a legitimate solution considering some of the more long time playing people probably have maxed both a long time ago.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    AznboiE wrote: »
    A choose your own reward system would be nice even if it were limited to choosing from 1 of 3 items that aren't untradable power elixers please for the love of god I would rather have time limited nodes I can't use yet over something I can acquire so easily in the game on my own.

Totally agree - anytime you're providing a reward that has the potential to be useless (nodestones/arcane symbol selections, trait boost potions, character slot expansions, etc.), there should always be a second option provided. I don't care if it was Spell Traces - at least that would be more useful than something I'm literally just going to throw out.
  • SuperboiSuperboi
    Reactions: 1,595
    edited November 2018
    Yes please. So many wasted rewards :(
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited November 2018
    AznboiE wrote: »

What??? You don't want to be like my Kanna with 70k + of untradable power elixers that have four different codes so they don't all stack together?
    AKradian wrote: »

Expanding the inventory would also be a nice option as many of us have maxed out the 128 slots on more than one character. They could enable us to use more bags too! There are more than 20 soul shards after all and scroll bags are almost never seen (need to add more to the game please). Only allowing 5 crafting bags is silly when you take into account the number of items that can go in them. I'm an active player and I need more space!!!