[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Are Beast tamers fun to play?

DeadlingDeadling
Reactions: 730
edited November 2018 in General Chat
I know you can't make them right now, but I'm lucky enough to have made one when they were brand new, but never leveled her. So she's currently level one. Just wondering if she's worth the time to level her up and gear her.

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Worth the time ? Yes. The Beast Tamer link skill and legion bonus are both very valuable, and not many classes give you the benefit of having a good output for both.

Are they fun to play...? That's a totally different question. My biggest complaint with the class is that you cannot max all the animals. The amount of total SP you're given allows you to max, at most, two out of the four animals. Bear = huge damage, but all of the attacks are stationary. Leopard = good mobbing skills, less damage. Bird = good mobility, crappy attacks. Cat = awesome passive buffs, garbage damage. This is not to mention, of course, that this is one of the neglected classes by Nexon, so there are tons of other issues with the class that just aren't being addressed because Nexon doesn't care.

I would, at minimum, get it to 141 for legion/link/dojo purposes. Anything beyond that is up to you.
    Fuhreak
  • SunsetChaosSunsetChaos
    Reactions: 1,115
    edited November 2018
    Bear is boring.
    Leopard is fun.
    Bird is... don't bother.
  • DeadlingDeadling
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2018
    Sounds kinda boring. Maybe will level at least for the link skill.