[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Increase 40-Slot Chair Bag Purchase Limit

MegaScienceMegaScience
Reactions: 3,795
Volunteer Forum Moderator
edited November 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
n3wFfHQ.png
Currently, the purchase limit for 40-Slot Chair Bag is set to one. However, players can use two Chair Bags at once. As these bags are completely Untradeable, players can only gain one of these throughout the event period. GMS has far more chairs than KMS, meaning two bags would be reasonable - if not required. I propose the purchase limit be raised to two.

I make this thread to gather community support on this issue. If you want this change, please make a post in here stating such.
VerusAstrumstrawisherPetalmagicReynbowztallcatoxWhorificLamatoAKradianbumbertyrSlayerJand 1 other.

Comments

• VerusAstrumVerusAstrum
    Reactions: 2,820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Full support for the idea from me!

The situation with chairs in GMS is at a point where I'll regularly just avoid getting new ones despite thinking they look really nice because I lack the space with a maxed out inventory and two 20 slot bags.
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited November 2018
    Petition to remove limits on everybag thx
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited November 2018
    While I support the idea it is just a band-aid solution.

Nexon really needs to invest time into Maplestory's inventory system. Chairs, titles and more, clog our inventories and really need to be moved to their own UI, where there is no limit on the number of items in that category. Medals are almost taken care of but we still end up with certain ones that are not added to our collection UI, taking up valuable space.
    ReynbowzWhorificSlicedTimePirateIzzyFuhreak
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Of course these concerns are always topical among the community, and thus brought up repeatedly along with each possible solution presented. This thread is just to address the purchase limit which - in incrementing by 1 - would increase our stopgap, potentially lasting until a better solution can be implemented.
  • OtakuOnShroomsOtakuOnShrooms
    Reactions: 1,020
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    i wouldnt mind this
  • ReynbowzReynbowz
    Reactions: 420
    edited November 2018
    Please do this. There are so, so many chairs. Surely it wouldn't require a lot of resources to get someone to change a number in a line of code from '1' to '2'? And like has been said, maybe this would give time to make a dedicated, unlimited UI like medals have? Save us Arwoo </3
    FuhreakPirateIzzy
  • tallcatoxtallcatox
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Yes please!
  • GabayGabay
    Reactions: 810
    edited November 2018
    I'm old player that participated in most events.
    My Set-Up tab is filled with untradeable chairs even when I used two bags already of 8 slots.
    Currently I have only 1 free slot after I dropped some chair in order to participate in new new events, buying this 40 slots bag will make me some space, however I wouldnt be able to transfer 8 chairs from one bag to another without throwing one of my older bag first.. meaning that I have to free 8 extra set-up slots in addition to the 40 chairs bag slot, so I need to drop 8 chairs that I gained in the past in order the use that new bag..
    Please propose them a mechanic to open a 3rd bag or most of the old players will be in trouble with that new bag
  • WhorificWhorific
    Reactions: 1,865
    edited November 2018
    I support this but currently, I can't even open the 40 chair bag until I drop 12 chairs so I can get rid of one of my 12 slot bags. It's still just a temporary solution. Chair slots definitely need to be addressed. There's no point in participating in coin shop events on my main. Untradable chairs are the biggest problem here. I don't understand why they don't just make new events have Tradable Within The Account chairs as the default.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Reynbowz wrote: »
    Please do this. There are so, so many chairs. Surely it wouldn't require a lot of resources to get someone to change a number in a line of code from '1' to '2'? And like has been said, maybe this would give time to make a dedicated, unlimited UI like medals have? Save us Arwoo </3

This is the best solution imo. With the sheer volume of chairs in the game, we need something that allows you to save/reclaim them.
  • LamatoLamato
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited November 2018
    I'm all for this, chief
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited November 2018
    I am using two chair bags with 20 slots each. I would need to drop 20 chairs in order to use the 40 slots chair bag one. This is not possible unless I want to sacrifice some nice chairs.

Chair bags are only temporary solution. So every time we replaced bags with more slots, our inventory will be filled again. Then they release new bags with even more slots, we will need to empty slots again.

Might as well release a 200 slots chair bags instead of tiny upgrades and giving us players every time the hassle about dropping chairs or missing out the chance to get a better chair bag. This will last much longer than 40 slots bags, although 200 will be filled as well with all the new chairs being released.

Edit: The longer we need to wait for a proper solution, the more troublesome it gets. We started with small bags and the # slots in bags keeps getting better and better. At first a 4 or 8 slots chair bag is easier to replace at that time, also because our inventory could still be expanded. So we got enough room to take out chairs and then drop the bag to replace it with a better bag.

But at the point with max out inventory slots and with few space left or full inventory (SET-UP) and using 2 bags of 20 slots, it will be impossible to replace the bags.
  • RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited November 2018
    I like that idea, but I would be more satisfied if they made a item that turned a untradeable chair into a moveable through account chair permanently. If people kept on getting chairs, they would eventually fill out their set-up inventory.