[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.233 Destiny: Remastered Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Return the Determination Ember

Comments

  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 6,820
    Posts: 1,280
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    And thats why this thread exists...with the EMber I could do some of my dailies while doing det cap.

    The way I see it though is that you can still hit the "cap" you could with ember in a short period of time still.
    I get your point, but if Ember were to return it should probably return with a limit of 10k.
    I think you're looking at it as "cap" rather than what it was, 10k.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    Posts: 1,572
    Member
    edited November 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    And thats why this thread exists...with the EMber I could do some of my dailies while doing det cap.

    The way I see it though is that you can still hit the "cap" you could with ember in a short period of time still.
    I get your point, but if Ember were to return it should probably return with a limit of 10k.
    I think you're looking at it as "cap" rather than what it was, 10k.

    I'm looking at it with how much time it takes to do something, ember generally took me 5-10 minutes (10 is only if I get really unlucky) per pop, so about 25-30 minutes to finish off. The closest thing to Ember, Soldiers, takes twice the time just because the spawn rate is awful without something like Kishin. At the old cap of 10k, you got done in half an hour, with the new cap, it can take an upwards of two or three hours depending on pure luck with Soots and other "events" in Moonbridge. It really shouldn't take two hours to do any dailies. Maple relay being an event based one I will let slide...besides, you can ignore it for half an hour-hour periods AND complete it while doing other dailies. Its about time. I generally spend 80% of my gameplay doing dailies just on two characters...I almost wanna take someone's advice to just do 30k on a couple alts and only capping on main...just so I don't have to deal with the 4 hours of dailies ahead of me. Again, with the Ember, it felt faster, especially when I compare it to soldiers, which generally tends to sit in the 10 minute time slot, hence taking 100 theoretical minutes to complete for only twice the amount of the ember. An hour and 40 minutes compared to what would be an hour if you directly multiplied the ember time by two. This is without the dailies which I am generally tolerating because I usually can strike a convo with the people in Reboot ch 1 to help take up that hour of dailies time. While DAILIES give 30k to the Embers 20k for the same time frame, alt methods for the 20k are generally bad and really time-consuming.
  • xLeninbrxxLeninbrx
    Reactions: 400
    Posts: 3
    Member
    edited November 2018
    At least remove soot glares form game, this mob everytime it spawn make my game close, ruining the experience for me and making me want to commit some kind of criminal stuff. really this NEEED REWORK! it's beyond ridiculouness that the mob you need to complete the quest makes your game freeze and close for no reason.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,530
    Posts: 2,126
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I'm looking at it with how much time it takes to do something, ember generally took me 5-10 minutes (10 is only if I get really unlucky) per pop, so about 25-30 minutes to finish off. The closest thing to Ember, Soldiers, takes twice the time just because the spawn rate is awful without something like Kishin. At the old cap of 10k, you got done in half an hour, with the new cap, it can take an upwards of two or three hours depending on pure luck with Soots and other "events" in Moonbridge. It really shouldn't take two hours to do any dailies. Maple relay being an event based one I will let slide...besides, you can ignore it for half an hour-hour periods AND complete it while doing other dailies. Its about time. I generally spend 80% of my gameplay doing dailies just on two characters...I almost wanna take someone's advice to just do 30k on a couple alts and only capping on main...just so I don't have to deal with the 4 hours of dailies ahead of me. Again, with the Ember, it felt faster, especially when I compare it to soldiers, which generally tends to sit in the 10 minute time slot, hence taking 100 theoretical minutes to complete for only twice the amount of the ember. An hour and 40 minutes compared to what would be an hour if you directly multiplied the ember time by two. This is without the dailies which I am generally tolerating because I usually can strike a convo with the people in Reboot ch 1 to help take up that hour of dailies time. While DAILIES give 30k to the Embers 20k for the same time frame, alt methods for the 20k are generally bad and really time-consuming.

    The current cap is 5x the old cap.

    If the old cap took half an hour, then 2-3 hours is exactly what it would take to hit the new cap with ember given your time.
    30 minutes for 10k 5 times is 2.5 hours roughly.
    Fuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited November 2018
    xLeninbrx wrote: »
    At least remove soot glares form game, this mob everytime it spawn make my game close, ruining the experience for me and making me want to commit some kind of criminal stuff. really this NEEED REWORK! it's beyond ridiculouness that the mob you need to complete the quest makes your game freeze and close for no reason.

    Can you really do nothing but whine and complain? And if issues in a game are "making [you] want to commit some kind of criminal stuff" then I strongly advise you to uninstall the game, leave the discord server and perhaps seek some form of professional counseling.


    For those wondering why I'm going after someone for complaining about a very legitimate problem(that they're likely looking into right now), this individual goes by Becker on discord, I welcome you to look at some of his messages from earlier in the day.
  • xLeninbrxxLeninbrx
    Reactions: 400
    Posts: 3
    Member
    THIS IS THE WORSE WAY POSSIBLE THEY FORCING US TO CAP DETERMINATION! IT'S PURE BS HATED THIS|! BRING BACK EMBER! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    Posts: 1,572
    Member
    edited November 2018
    xLeninbrx wrote: »
    THIS IS THE WORSE WAY POSSIBLE THEY FORCING US TO CAP DETERMINATION! IT'S PURE BS HATED THIS|! BRING BACK EMBER! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    Bro, please calm down a bit. We are also suggesting other alternatives that might be worth noting if we can't get the ember. I have heard about recent Soot Disconnections from my guild...which is very upsetting although I have not experienced it (Got lucky with no soot daily today)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited November 2018
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    xLeninbrx wrote: »
    THIS IS THE WORSE WAY POSSIBLE THEY FORCING US TO CAP DETERMINATION! IT'S PURE BS HATED THIS|! BRING BACK EMBER! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    Bro, please calm down a bit. We are also suggesting other alternatives that might be worth noting if we can't get the ember. I have heard about recent Soot Disconnections from my guild...which is very upsetting although I have not experienced it (Got lucky with no soot daily today)

    He tried posting that earlier but it was picked up by the spam filter and was subsequently not approved or cleared from the spam queue.

    Ask @Neospector about it.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    Posts: 1,572
    Member
    edited November 2018
    Id also like to note I tried the "Soldier Kill" method of determination farming, it does go slightly faster, I somehow capped before 8pm today :'D but it still feels super slow.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited November 2018
    It feels slow because you're basically doing it passively, you're not really doing much but meandering around a map in a cycle letting what's essentially a summon clear mobs.

    Here's a screenshot I took after capping for today, with the only thing of note about it being that I completely avoided that thrice-damned flying minigame:
    NxIde15.png

    20k determination in ~26 minutes. This is including probably five or so elite monsters(counting the two that were there with the eboss when I got there) as well as one messenger of darkness that happened to spawn.
  • ohmyuniverseohmyuniverse
    Reactions: 420
    Posts: 4
    Member
    Agreed. These new daily quests are terrible. The "soot" maps are super laggy, and doing all the tasks takes far too long. I used to be able to hit the cap just incorporating the Ember into my Vanishing Journey dailies.