[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple Mission Clarification

TamireliaTamirelia
Reactions: 1,335
edited December 2018 in General Chat
For the current Maple Missions, the 6th one claims we need to turn all 2.1k Alliance Medals in on one character. Does that mean that, if we use Alliance Medals on mules to level up, we'll be locked out of finishing the mission? Or is this a typo, since the first one uses almost the same wording but actually makes sense in the context of the event.

I'd just like to know in case it is actually all supposed to be on one character
YinYangX

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2018
    The mission states:
    [Maple Alliance] Reach Hero II Rank
    Join the Maple Alliance and turn in 2,100 Alliance Medals on one character to reach Hero II rank!

2,100 medals is just the cost to reach the rank of Hero II, it shouldn't have any effect on any other medals you spend on any other items. Speak with Neinheart to hear the explanation on Alliance ranks.
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    2,100 medals is just the cost to reach the rank of Hero II, it shouldn't have any effect on any other medals you spend on any other items. Speak with Neinheart to hear the explanation on Alliance ranks.

The issue isn't how much you spend on other items, it's how the mission states "on one character", which seems to imply you have to do all your rank ups on the same character.
    TamireliaYinYangX
  • TamireliaTamirelia
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited December 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    The mission states:
    [Maple Alliance] Reach Hero II Rank
    Join the Maple Alliance and turn in 2,100 Alliance Medals on one character to reach Hero II rank!

That wasn't what I was asking. I'm asking if ranking up on other characters screws over the mission, not if buying items with medals screws over the mission.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Occire wrote: »
    The issue isn't how much you spend on other items, it's how the mission states "on one character", which seems to imply you have to do all your rank ups on the same character.

I've forwarded the question to Nexon.
    Until we get an answer, I recommend using the same character that you ranked-up to Guardian I on, to rank up to Guardian II.
    YinYangXTamirelia
  • Guilty3VGuilty3V
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2018
    Hmm. the bar on Gaurdian 3 is at max, and so i uograded to gaurdian 4. But it still max. Goddes statue changed but cant find any indication to as how far i am to hero 1. Does anyone know how many determination needs to be gathered from gaurdian 4 to hero 1?
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Guilty3V wrote: »
    Hmm. the bar on Gaurdian 3 is at max, and so i uograded to gaurdian 4. But it still max. Goddes statue changed but cant find any indication to as how far i am to hero 1. Does anyone know how many determination needs to be gathered from gaurdian 4 to hero 1?

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/22704/scattered-determination-guide-wip#latest
    Scroll down to AKradian's first comment.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Occire wrote: »

I've forwarded the question to Nexon.
    Until we get an answer, I recommend using the same character that you ranked-up to Guardian I on, to rank up to Guardian II.

Has there been any formal confirmation/denial of this statement?