[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ideas for next Crossover event

Comments

• ElaieElaie
    Reactions: 585
    edited December 2018
    I know it's not really a crossover but I want to see a new maple meets old maple event. It could bring back really old events and event items that we don't have access to anymore.
    FuhreakYinYangX
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Freed wrote: »
    I know it's not really a crossover but I want to see a new maple meets old maple event. It could bring back really old events and event items that we don't have access to anymore.

Since the Black Mage is about to be defeated, it would be really cool to have a kind of "Pre-BigBang" remembrance of the days before he came around.
    YinYangXDiximaN
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    Don't start this old maple thing again please. For the love of god just let it rest, stop digging the corpse up to beat it some more.

And besides, think objectively about it. The majority of "old maple" event items were minor-buff consumables or equip items that were slightly better than what you had available to you, depending on your level.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Don't start this old maple thing again please. For the love of god just let it rest, stop digging the corpse up to beat it some more.

And besides, think objectively about it. The majority of "old maple" event items were minor-buff consumables or equip items that were slightly better than what you had available to you, depending on your level.

There is nothing wrong with remembering roots. It's not like we're advocating for pre-bb servers and saying that we need to revert all patches.
    You could do it sort of like the Maple Hero guy that we recently had. Just have the event give you a "pre-bb player" that you have to teach about all the new stuff since.
    It would be a fun educational experience for players who only started playing in more recent years.

Just give the players some cosmetic items from the old days in return. Items that no longer exist within the game, except for old accounts who held onto them.
  • Flowing_TimeFlowing_Time
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2018
    Accel World x Maplestory anyone???
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018

My paranoia is already setting in that if you mess up with your accel points you get locked out of the event. xd
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited December 2018
    MY HERO ACADEMIA
  • Flowing_TimeFlowing_Time
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »

My paranoia is already setting in that if you mess up with your accel points you get locked out of the event. xd

*Burst Points* and I think someone would find a way to mess with the points.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Remember that one Vocaloid crossover? I liked the idea of it. When can we get that?
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited December 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »

Since the Black Mage is about to be defeated, it would be really cool to have a kind of "Pre-BigBang" remembrance of the days before he came around.

Black Mage has been referenced since the Release of pirates, Long before the Big Bang update.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    bumbertyr wrote: »

Black Mage has been referenced since the Release of pirates, Long before the Big Bang update.

See to my post here then.
    There is nothing wrong with remembering roots. It's not like we're advocating for pre-bb servers and saying that we need to revert all patches.
    You could do it sort of like the Maple Hero guy that we recently had. Just have the event give you a "pre-bb player" that you have to teach about all the new stuff since.
    It would be a fun educational experience for players who only started playing in more recent years.

Just give the players some cosmetic items from the old days in return. Items that no longer exist within the game, except for old accounts who held onto them.

There are plenty of players, even those that try to follow the story, that don't have all the details.
    I've been playing on/off since the week of release, but since it was on/off, there's a ton of stuff that I've missed.
    I'm sure there are plenty more people in the same boat with me.

• pannnastarpannnastar
    Reactions: 100
    Toreishi wrote: »
    Frozen -snip-

I still can't believe to this day that was a thing. I'm sorry I missed that one.
    I doubt Nexon would be able to get Disney to sign for that one again.
    Not sure how a Pop Team Epic one would work. But if they can, I'm for it!

I'm somewhat surprised by the lack of suggestions for crossovers with other MMOs.
    I'd love to see crossovers with either Ragnarok Online (long running MMO that has roots older than MS), Tree of Savior (A spiritual successor to RO) or a more realistic option... Vindictus!
    Vindictus is already published by Nexon, if I'm not wrong they even own the development company now.
    Not only could we get a crossover event, but it could actually be a returning one at that.

i would like to see slayers with lina inverse and her friends.