[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

# stages of terror

PyroitPyroit
Reactions: 200
edited December 2018 in Tech Support
I have over 2 mil range when in map doing quest yet cannot complete. Luminous lv 215. Very frustrating since I have maxed determination every day yet now I cant.
Is my range to low? Any other luminous have same issue?

Comments

• cibastiancibastian
    Reactions: 400
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Am a luminous, level 215 with slightly higher range (about 2.5m self buffed) and can kill all the mobs and complete this quest.
    Also, you even though it takes a while you can still cap even without expedition.
  • YodaYoda
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited December 2018
    I Have been trying to do this quests with my LVL 222 Fire/Poison arch mage and my LVL 202 Blaster and I must tell you in general I find this quests really difficult and annoying too.

I haven't completed the terror stages with either of them
  • PyroitPyroit
    edited December 2018
    I finally killed 20 and still no completion. Used all I got just to kill them. This sucks.
    So I am so disappointing I am strongly consider finding another game.
    I realize I can get points other ways yet takes way too long.
    Tired of getting back into playing and have issues like this always causing problems with advancing in the game.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Pyroit wrote: »
    I finally killed 20 and still no completion. Used all I got just to kill them. This sucks.
    Tired of getting back into playing and have issues like this always causing problems with advancing in the game.

You have to kill 20 Terror Beasts 3 times.
    Each time you kill 20 and run out the timer, you'll get two buffs: one that grants 150% EXP for 5 minutes, and another that indicates the stage (and increases the damage you can deal to Gloom when you enter that battle). The buff has to be at stage III for the quest to complete.
    You cannot leave the map during the terror stage (such as through a Bounty Hunter portal) or the counter will reset, rendering your progress void (as I learned myself today). Additionally, while the stage buff isn't overwritten by exiting one of the mob maps, I do believe it's overwritten when you log out or leave Moonbridge entirely.
  • PyroitPyroit
    edited December 2018
    Neospector wrote: »

Each time you kill 20 and run out the timer, you'll get two buffs: one that grants 150% EXP for 5 minutes, and another that indicates the stage (and increases the damage you can deal to Gloom when you enter that battle). The buff has to be at stage III for the quest to complete.
    You cannot leave the map during the terror stage (such as through a Bounty Hunter portal) or the counter will reset, rendering your progress void (as I learned myself today). Additionally, while the stage buff isn't overwritten by exiting one of the mob maps, I do believe it's overwritten when you log out or leave Moonbridge entirely.

I pretty sure your are missing the main point I CAN NOT KILL EVEN WITH MY RANGE OVER 1 MIL CLEAN and over 2 mil in room buffed.
    Yet other ppl with 250 K range can complete. with no problem. Way too hard for a character at my level. SOMETHING IS WRONG.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Yoda wrote: »
    I Have been trying to do this quests with my LVL 222 Fire/Poison arch mage and my LVL 202 Blaster and I must tell you in general I find this quests really difficult and annoying too.

I haven't completed the terror stages with either of them

Make sure to stack DoT on the mobs. Gather them all up and make sure to use Myst Eruption at 5 stacks of DoT on them
    They are extremely beefy. You should treat them like a boss and go all out on them. Remember that Myst Eruption gains 125% FD at 5 stacks.

These things really should have their HP reduced, at least to stage 3. Any new 200+ from the Tera Burn event is going to probably have trouble with these things.
    Early 5th job is a nightmare until you've built up some arcane force and nodestones. They shouldn't have this thrown on top of them making it harder to get stronger.
    Remember, beating all three quests gives you nodestones. This is extremely important for people that have been 5th job a shorter period of time.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018

I pretty sure your are missing the main point I CAN NOT KILL EVEN WITH MY RANGE OVER 1 MIL CLEAN and over 2 mil in room buffed.
    Yet other ppl with 250 K range can complete. with no problem. Way too hard for a character at my level. SOMETHING IS WRONG.

You just said "people with 250k range can complete with no problem" and promptly followed it with "way too hard for a character at my level" when you have 1m clean range and 2m buffed in a room with other people.

Something is wrong, but as of now, and given what you've said, I don't believe it to be on the game's side of things. You've also neglected to mention what class you're playing.
  • PyroitPyroit
    edited December 2018
    Luminous.
    As far is not being the game. Once again beat 20 second round with buff only could kill 11. My character should complete yet does not.
    Have to mash potions to stay alive use like 100 or 200 just trying to complete. Yea its Me for-sure.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    It's either you or your class, since by your own admission:
    other ppl with 250 K range can complete. with no problem.

They also, I should point out, scale to your level(as does everything else in tenebris), and they don't even get terribly tanky until the third stage. Maybe look into improving your gear? Shift some legion pieces to IED and see if it helps.
  • luna02luna02
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited December 2018

i am playing whit my kanna and whit other people and the quest OVERCOME STAGES OF TERROR 3 is bug , i only complete this 2 times to the 3 stage all the mobs is bug ....... ty freezing in the map .... can tell to the staff and fix this please