[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Tera Burn chars didn't get 3rd V node quest?

EpigenesisEpigenesis
Reactions: 575
edited December 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Quest

Description: My Tera Burning character didn't get the [Black Mage] A New Power quest, and judging from what I've seen from others, it looks like other people didn't get the quest on their Tera Burning characters either. Seems like there's a bug with Tera Burning characters getting the quest.

Comments

• MedicMedic
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2018
    Same here , didnt get A New Power quest. and its a burning char. Got it on my main but not on Tera burning char
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Ahhh - I had assumed it was because I hadn't finished Vanishing Journey quests with my Tera char, but I never considered it was because it was Tera-burned. Interesting. =o
  • ThatBaldyThatBaldy
    Reactions: 1,145
    edited December 2018
    I reached level 201 on both tera burn and a non-tera burn, both not too long before this patch. Both of them do not have the quest for the new skill. However on my jett which I leveled to 201 a few months ago, I got the quest for the new skill. All the characters only completed the quest to get the blank symbol and then talked to kao.
  • GIGEORGEGIGEORGE
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2018
    My Wind Archer lvl 217 doesn't have the quest "A New Power" can not get my new 5th job skill. Please fix
  • DhekonDhekon
    Reactions: 100
    Bug Type: Tera Burning Characters dont get 3rd skill node
    More Details: My burning character didnt neither get the 3rd skill upon advancing to 5th job or the quest: "A new power"
    Character name: Dhekon
    Character Level: 201
  • EpigenesisEpigenesis
    Reactions: 575
    edited December 2018
    Seems like the issue isn't restricted to Tera Burning... maybe it has to do with characters that reached 5th job after the first Black Mage-related patch rolled out? (Which would include all Tera Burning characters too.) IIRC the new 5th job skills were already part of the game data in some way before this patch (since the skill names showed up in the skill prerequisites) so maybe the game got confused about the cut-off date for which characters get the node or not.
  • migolokomigoloko
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2018
    Same here, Tera Burning at Reboot, no "[Black Mage] A New Power’ quest."
  • MedicMedic
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2018
    OK UPDATE. I made my new 5th job skill, BUT nobody can see it when i use it in a map. They can see all other skill effects but not the new 5th job one.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    It's a bug with any character that does the 5th job advancement since v200 dropped. They're apparently going to be addressing it in an upcoming maintenance, hopefully this week's.

fN5b0g1.png
    Source
    Medic