[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kaiser skill 'Draco Surge' crashes character

EmbrayEmbray
Reactions: 510
edited December 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Skill

Brief bug summary: Using Draco Surge alongside Final form AND Nova Guardians causes disconnect to world select.

More details: Seems to happen often when maps are under the effect of Kanna skill 'Kishin Shoukan'

Steps to reproduce: Use Kanna skill 'Kishin Shoukan' to increase mob density of map. Activate Final form, Nova Guardians and attack with Draco Surge.

Character name: Embrei

Character level: 250

Character job: Kaiser

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 11:15 EST Dec 13,2018

Poiuuiop

Comments

• PoiuuiopPoiuuiop
    Reactions: 625
    edited December 2018
    I too have encountered this issue. The conditions were the exact same; kishin, final form, nova guardians, draco surge

Character name: Poiuuiop

Character level: 225

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 10:30 pm EST Dec 14,2018
  • FireAxleFireAxle
    edited December 2018
    I have this issue as well.

Details:
    The only difference from the two previous posts:
    1. I do not use Nova Guardians simultaneously with Final Form but it still crashes
    2. Tested without Kishin and issue still persists

Consistently happens when hitting a 10+ Multikill with Draco Surge

Character name: Feitan

Character level: 245

World name: Demethos

Date and time of the incident: December 15, 2018 and December 16, 2018
  • WenezhaWenezha
    Reactions: 940
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    This problem is not just limited to Kaisers either. Night walker seems to have a similar issue to this

Details:
    1. Shadow bats(toggle), Shadow Spear(V), Shadow Servant(V), and Shadow Illusion(140) are active at the same time.
    2. Map is under the effect of Kishin or Frenzy
    3. Night walker is not strong enough to disconnect, therefore registering more numbers

Character name : NotaPancake

Character level : 222

Character job : Night Walker

World name : Mardia

Date and time of incident : October 31st, 2018 for recording but most recent occurence was December 10th, 2018

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited December 2018
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know the issue pertaining to disconnecting while using Draco Surge is being looked into.

Thanks for the report!
  • PoiuuiopPoiuuiop
    Reactions: 625
    edited December 2018
    This issue still isn't fixed, it has disconnected me and multiple others since the patch. I believe this is because nexon thought its specifically a final form issue when its possible to disconnect without final form. Its actually to do with mobs hit and the reason its more likely in final form with kishin is because you're just able to hit more things than in normal form without kishin (bigger attack hitbox and more mobs spawning). This is also why it only seems to disconnect when mobbing and in lucid p1 (where golems exist)
  • FireAxleFireAxle
    edited December 2018
    I posted prior to the maintenance on December 21, 2018 and can confirm it still occurs for me after said maintenance. I have not been able to replicate without final form, but as the person above mentioned, it is likely the be the number of hits done by the skill.

Character name: Feitan

Character level: 247

World name: Demethos

Date and time of the incident: December 22, 2018