[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Star force honestly needs changes

ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
Reactions: 1,470
edited December 2018 in General Chat
Why is it necessary to make 10-15 star region such hell hole to climb out of? The real effects of star force start from 15 star, and 15-22 star force region is already god forsaken hell hole as it is. I'm not asking, or even expecting, them to fix 15-22 star region or even to display correct destruction chance (so many items destroyed with 1.3%? riiiiiiiight). Just have some fkin conscience and make 10-15 star region bearable. Stats given in the star range are absolutely nothing for crying out loud! At least let us climb through that region while maintaining average blood pressure.
EXdestCocoDriloSunsetChaosCheeky01Kuronekonova

Comments

• Skyfall1989Skyfall1989
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited December 2018
    I agree with you dude. Since 25* has been released, people are aiming at higher stars, i.e. 22 stars. Currently star force 5,10,15 stars skip doesnt really help at all. It is better we have star skip at high star levels. :) And of course revamp the low star (10-15 stars) region easier, so players have more chances to get higher stars in 15-22 stars region instead of wasting and struggling in low star region. Honestly, I see people have spent 1T mesos already on starforcing their items, it is really annoying to spend so much mesos and in the end you have your items boomed and time wasted. Nexon should really take a look into this and find a better solution for players. Starforce mechanism does not only take so much mesos but also player's emotion. Many players had that frustration seeing their items boomed after a lot of struggles and tons of mesos spent on it. It sometimes makes people really mad at it. Please Nexon make some change to it, to let players enjoy this event instead of getting mad. We are to enjoy the game not throw our emotions to it :)
    Cheeky01
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    edited December 2018
    I agree with you dude. Since 25* has been released, people are aiming at higher stars, i.e. 22 stars. Currently star force 5,10,15 stars skip doesnt really help at all. It is better we have star skip at high star levels. :) And of course revamp the low star (10-15 stars) region easier, so players have more chances to get higher stars in 15-22 stars region instead of wasting and struggling in low star region. Honestly, I see people have spent 1T mesos already on starforcing their items, it is really annoying to spend so much mesos and in the end you have your items boomed and time wasted. Nexon should really take a look into this and find a better solution for players. Starforce mechanism does not only take so much mesos but also player's emotion. Many players had that frustration seeing their items boomed after a lot of struggles and tons of mesos spent on it. It sometimes makes people really mad at it. Please Nexon make some change to it, to let players enjoy this event instead of getting mad. We are to enjoy the game not throw our emotions to it :)

I actually don't mind that 15-22 star region success chance is low, considering the stats gained from that region is pretty damn good. What I don't understand is why they need to make 10-15 so god damn hard?? Knowing Nexon and its filthy nature, I'm not even expecting them to change 15-22 star region at all. But for the love fkin chin chin, make 10-15 star bearable. People are raging, blowing up their equips and wasting so much mesos in the region where given stats are complete dog crap
    Skyfall1989
  • Skyfall1989Skyfall1989
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited December 2018
    ShokunKaYo wrote: »

I actually don't mind that 15-22 star region success chance is low, considering the stats gained from that region is pretty damn good. What I don't understand is why they need to make 10-15 so god damn hard?? Knowing Nexon and its filthy nature, I'm not even expecting them to change 15-22 star region at all. But for the love fkin chin chin, make 10-15 star bearable. People are raging, blowing up their equips and wasting so much mesos in the region where given stats are complete dog crap

That is true man, Nexon should make 10-15 star region easier cos it only gives 3 stats per star. And in my opinion, the starforce effect should take places in some higher stars such as 17- 18, 18- 19 sth like that.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    I've only had one item "boom" on me, but spent plenty of time trying to climb out of 10-15 stars.
    RNG is RNG. I've failed plenty of 50% chances more than 5 times in a row.
    If you really want to see rates, keep track of all your attempts. After a few thousand of them your results will probably be close to the game %.
    MapleStory is nice enough to give you plenty of opportunity to recover your item. Either in rolling it back 1 star or allowing you to transfer to a new item.
    Personally, I like the way it is.
  • HoneyComeBearHoneyComeBear
    Reactions: 205
    edited December 2018
    You just had bad luck unfortunately. Whenever I have a bad time with starforce, I try again later
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited December 2018
    that 0.7/1.4% boom chance may seem low but people don't really keep track of just how many times it goes over that number that it feels like its overblown (no pun intended). The more attempts you make the more probable your boom chance.
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited December 2018
    i spent like at least 3bil to star force an arcane weapon and it never hit 15*
    CocoDrilo
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited December 2018
    Will probably never get anything above 10 stars.
    I can't stand chance minigame.
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    edited January 2019
    ShadEight wrote: »
    that 0.7/1.4% boom chance may seem low but people don't really keep track of just how many times it goes over that number that it feels like its overblown (no pun intended). The more attempts you make the more probable your boom chance.

And somehow that math doesn't apply to
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    I've only had one item "boom" on me, but spent plenty of time trying to climb out of 10-15 stars.
    RNG is RNG. I've failed plenty of 50% chances more than 5 times in a row.
    If you really want to see rates, keep track of all your attempts. After a few thousand of them your results will probably be close to the game %.
    MapleStory is nice enough to give you plenty of opportunity to recover your item. Either in rolling it back 1 star or allowing you to transfer to a new item.
    Personally, I like the way it is.

haha "nice enough to recover the item"?? Yep very nice of them indeed. After the item explodes, I can just spend about half a bill more to buy clean version of the weapon and recover the item. Fan-freaking-tastic!!
    How can anyone like the system where the reward for climbing out of the sak of shat 10-15 star region, spending billions and billions of mesos while gaining turd smear of stats, is even worse sak of shat hell hole? I've done plenty of star forces and let me tell you. The 45% sucess, 55% fail chance of 10->11 star has got to be a fake. There's just no way that 5% difference results in that many fails in a row. Considering all the experiences people have been having with the success chances and Nexon's "past behaviors," the chance of them displaying wrong rate% is higher than them being correct.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Star Force works as intended, there is nothing wrong with it and the rates are not rigged. You just had bad luck.
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    edited January 2019
    Sorrow wrote: »
    Star Force works as intended, there is nothing wrong with it and the rates are not rigged. You just had bad luck.

lmao. you're right. The game's perfect the way it is. Nothing needs to be changed.
  • VM9797VM9797
    Reactions: 920
    edited January 2019
    Math is math, and RNG is RNG. People win the lottery, people get Frenzy totems.
    I understand that you're frustrated about it, but don't ignore the probabilities. You may say that 0.7% is low so you shouldn't boom. But in 50 attempts, there is a ~30% chance you will boom (all 50 with 0.7%!). And 50 attempts is pretty common from 10-15, and it's even worse over 15.

I think a flat 5% boost from 10-15 would be nice, but most importantly:
    1, Fix the safeguard checkbox. I hate how I need to click it when it randomly decides to turn off
    2, Disable the animation. Make it instant. 80% the time you spend on SFing is spent on pointless animation watching.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019

lmao. you're right. The game's perfect the way it is. Nothing needs to be changed.

We don't need to change an entire system only because ShokunKaYo got his feelings hurt when star forcing.
    22* gives 85 att, when's the last time you got 85 att from anything and you didn't have to work for it? It sounds like you expect everything to require no work what so ever.
    HoneyComeBear
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    edited January 2019

We don't need to change an entire system only because ShokunKaYo got his feelings hurt when star forcing.
    22* gives 85 att, when's the last time you got 85 att from anything and you didn't have to work for it? It sounds like you expect everything to require no work what so ever.

I clearly said from the very beginning that I don't even expect any changes in 15-22 star region. I was only talking about 10-15 star which, despite giving turd smear of stats, have hellish chance of climbing out of. I'm not talking about changing the entire system because I "got my feelings hurt" or "I expect everything to require no work," you condescending dip. I'm addressing a problem of star region 10-15 which clearly has unreasonable difficulty, along with suspicious chance %. So how about you read first if you want to yep your mouth and shield NX like their loyal little doggy?

I swear to god, whenever someone posts serious legit problem in the game, there's always that dude who lawyers up and accuses people for wanting stuff for free. People don't want stuff to be free. People simply want reasonable difficulty level that matches with the quality/quantity of the reward. The difficulty of climbing out of 10-15 star region sooooo does not match with the rewarded stats.
    EXdestdarkemajikzmintShadEight
  • HoneyComeBearHoneyComeBear
    Reactions: 205
    edited January 2019

I clearly said from the very beginning that I don't even expect any changes in 15-22 star region. I was only talking about 10-15 star which, despite giving turd smear of stats, have hellish chance of climbing out of. I'm not talking about changing the entire system because I "got my feelings hurt" or "I expect everything to require no work," you condescending dip. I'm addressing a problem of star region 10-15 which clearly has unreasonable difficulty, along with suspicious chance %. So how about you read first if you want to yep your mouth and shield NX like their loyal little doggy?

I swear to god, whenever someone posts serious legit problem in the game, there's always that dude who lawyers up and accuses people for wanting stuff for free. People don't want stuff to be free. People simply want reasonable difficulty level that matches with the quality/quantity of the reward. The difficulty of climbing out of 10-15 star region sooooo does not match with the rewarded stats.

Don't know why you keep bringing up about 10-15 giving bad stats when you're obviously wanting to go past 15. Again, you just had bad luck. The difficulty is not so hard as you say it is. Its fine the way it is. Making it easier to 15 stars would open more opportunity at 22 stars and make it less valuable and less rare. Also, you knew the risk of it possibly booming and didn't bother to protect it.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    You know, insulting people and being extremely rude both towards other users and nexon is a great way to make people ignore your thoughts and concerns.
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    edited January 2019

Don't know why you keep bringing up about 10-15 giving bad stats when you're obviously wanting to go past 15. Again, you just had bad luck. The difficulty is not so hard as you say it is. Its fine the way it is. Making it easier to 15 stars would open more opportunity at 22 stars and make it less valuable and less rare. Also, you knew the risk of it possibly booming and didn't bother to protect it.

You don't know why I keep bringing up about 10-15 star?? You clearly haven't read any of my comments then. It's not just a "bad luck." Pretty much everyone in my guild who tried to climb out of 10-15 region spent 3-4 billion mesos each, and pretty much got their items either blown up or stayed in the same 10-12 area. Only a handful went to 15 star and they all spent over 5 bill. Yeah, making 15 stars would open more "opportunity" at 22 stars, but it wouldn't make the thing any less valuable or less rare because the chances at 15-22 star regions are still gonna be dante's inferno hellhole. I accept that difficulty of 15-22 star region because reward stats are pretty damn good. But why do people have to go through blood boiling trials to get out of 10-15 star region? What? For an attempt at another hellish trial? It's literally rewarding a hard task with even harder task. That's the problem I'm addressing here.
    And you're right. I knew the risk of blowing up my sh*t with 0.7% chance, so guess it was clearly me who was stupid for not paying double the money every single attempt at star forcing in that region lol
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    edited January 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    You know, insulting people and being extremely rude both towards other users and nexon is a great way to make people ignore your thoughts and concerns.

Read the entire thread. I'm not the one started it. The dude first tells me I'm expecting good sh*t with no work. I'm gonna hit back if someone hits me first. And if you think that's enough to simply "ignore my thoughts and concerns", frankly, I really can't care less about it.
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    edited January 2019

aaaaaaaaaand would you look at that~~~~~~~~~~. Just checked KMS patch that came out. Guess what? They are going to increase the success chance of 10-15 star region. I guess even Nexon agreed that it was a legitimate problem rather than someone's complaining about bad luck RNG or someone wanting free stuff huh?
    CocoDrilozmint
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited January 2019
    And then there are people like me who spent 4.5b and got 3 items to 15 stars. You can keep talking about your experiences, it's a common problem after all, but that's anecdotal as far as the scope of the entire population goes. RNG is RNG. It's random. Considering how much starring used to cost in comparison, it's a small price to pay.
This discussion has been closed.