[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

alliance rank sync issue across accounts

rebuiltrebuilt
Reactions: 615
edited January 2019 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: event quest glitch (black mage / alliance outpost event)

Brief bug summary: improper rank syncing across characters leaves one character completely unable to rank up

More details: i began to rank up in the alliance outpost on my kanna (galicia). after reaching hero III rank, i decided to play more on my beast tamer (el nido). when i visit the alliance outpost on my beast tamer, the banner in the background and by his username is for the entry-level warrior rank. however, the quest my beast tamer has from neinhart is to rank up to hero IV rank. when talking to neinhart, he says "there seems to be a problem, please try again later." it seems my beast tamer is softlocked from progressing due to improper quest syncing.

Steps to reproduce:
1. have two characters on two different servers in same alliance (eg a character each on galicia and el nido or on mardia and khaini)
2. rank first character up multiple times in alliance storyline but do not progress or accept any event quests on second character
3. after ranking first character up, accept the initial quests to start the event on second character
4. second character outpost should show warrior banner but rank up quest at a higher level

Character name: kanna on galicia is lohan / beast tamer on el nido is coppola

Character level: 220 / 203

Character job: kanna / beast tamer

World name: galicia / el nido

Date and time of the incident: since dec 28, 2018 (at all times, neinhart always displays same error message)

Comments

• rebuiltrebuilt
    edited January 2019
    posting to confirm that the issue persists after the server maintenance in case anyone else has the same bug and is looking for info

thank you so much to the development team and game staff for looking into this : ) you guys are amazing
  • rebuiltrebuilt
    edited January 2019
    hi,

i wanted to post an update in case anyone experiencing this issue comes across this thread. thus far, i've received no helpful response from the ticket i submitted and am just told to "keep waiting" with no promise of resolution. in this case, because the event is time-dependent, a fix on this issue that comes too late will leave me wholly unable to use my alliance medals and will make all the time i spent working for them a waste. i'll miss out on all of the rewards that other players are able to receive. it is very disappointing.

i know that if this glitch is a complicated issue to fix in the backend it may take some time to repair. that said, i asked what sort of compensation would be provided (e.g. i could be provided the same rewards that everyone else receives manually and my medals could be taken away in exchange) and was told it was possible that nothing would be compensated. as a player that has supported the game and who buys a lot of nexon cash, this response is disheartening.

this bug is ongoing after today's maintenance and my talking to support has yielded no helpful advice or timeline whatsoever. if you are facing the same glitch, the outlook is unfortunately grim. i appreciate the time and help of everyone who has looked into my ticket and i am not ungrateful for the effort spent in that regard.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    Yet another reason "world alliances" were a poor fix for low-population servers.