[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[FIXED] Alt+Enter bricked my game

ElaieElaie
Reactions: 585
edited January 2019 in Tech Support
I've just installed Maplestory on a new OS installation. When it was done I opened the game and it launched with no problems whatsoever. I chose NA region, got to the world select just fine. Then it occurred to me that Maple supports pressing Alt+Enter to switch to windowed mode, so I did that.. because I'm a multitasker and didn't want to wait to swap between programs while the game was loading character data. When I did that, the game crashed and now I can't open it without the game popping up and hanging for 5-10 seconds during the white screen and then the game closes each time.

It seems like it can't open anymore because using Alt+Enter permanently changed the resolution but I don't know how to restore its default resolution. I've tried using Alt+Enter again but the game crashes before I get the chance.

[Edit] Solution: For anyone else who runs into this issue, here's the only fix that worked for me. Exit Nexon Launcher, open Regedit.exe as administrator, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Wow6432Node > Wizet. Right click on the Wizet folder and delete it. Open Nexon Launcher and launch the game again and it will restore the resolution back to default fullscreen.
FuhreakAggraphine

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    Points for figuring out your own fix and coming back to explain how you did it, instead of just "edit: nvm i fixed it"

That aside, have you tried to change it to window mode from the ingame system settings yet? Maybe, and it's as stupid as it sounds, you have to set it to window mode from there first so it behaves going forward.
  • ElaieElaie
    Reactions: 585
    edited January 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Points for figuring out your own fix and coming back to explain how you did it, instead of just "edit: nvm i fixed it"

That aside, have you tried to change it to window mode from the ingame system settings yet? Maybe, and it's as stupid as it sounds, you have to set it to window mode from there first so it behaves going forward.

Yeah, I was able to go in game and switch it to windowed mode. No further problems occurred. Glad to provide any info or solutions and leave it for those who encounter similar issues. I personally couldn't find anything about it so I don't want anyone feeling hopeless with this problem. :)