[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

It's been over a month already

BelloPallyBelloPally
Reactions: 1,905
edited January 2019 in General Chat
Over a month since we got our new 5th job skills... and since Jett couldn't use hers at all.

Allied Fury, Jett's new 5th job skill, has been unable to use since day one because casting the skill would crash the game.

Now, I know that Nexon tried to fix it as soon as the bug was reported. And I deeply appreciate their effort.

But it's hard not to feel disappointed when those "fixes" either did nothing or even made things worse.

What disappoints me even more is that it's not even listed on the maintenance notice anymore.

"Fixing an issue where Jett's "Allied Fury" skill would crash when the skill level was over Lv. 25." (January 3rd)
"Fixing an issue where using the "Allied Fury" skill at Lv. 26 or higher would cause the game to disconnect." (January 10th)

And for some reason, Nexon has been fixated with "over level 25" when Jett mains including myself emphasized multiple times that the game crashes regardless of the skill level.

https://youtu.be/uNM-jc5sHpA

If you have not seen it yet, Nexon, here's the ultimate proof that the skill level is NOT the culprit behind this crash issue.

We probably won't be compensated for this. Hell, I don't expect to be compensated for this.

I just want to use the skill. My new 5TH JOB SKILL. Please, Nexon.
Fuhreak

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2019
    I don't doubt there's an issue as a lot of others have brought it up, but in the video you use it a lot of times with only one instance of crashing, I would say that's hardly ultimate proof.
  • MagicFoxhairMagicFoxhair
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited January 2019
    I don't doubt there's an issue as a lot of others have brought it up, but in the video you use it a lot of times with only one instance of crashing, I would say that's hardly ultimate proof.

Reboot Jett main here and I can confirm the skill causes frequent DC's. It doesn't instantly DC after every use, much like the cosmic upheaval DC bug. This means the problem is probably going to be ignored as well. On top of the DCing, the skill has an inconsistent hitbox and it sometimes doesn't target mobs at all if you press/hold the key just as/before the cooldown is over.

This class looked cool at first but it's honestly just a burning train wreck at this point LMAOOO
    None of the 5th job skills work. 1st one doesn't damage amp properly, 2nd one doesn't target some bosses for some reason, and this one is unusable.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019

Reboot Jett main here and I can confirm the skill causes frequent DC's. It doesn't instantly DC after every use, much like the cosmic upheaval DC bug. This means the problem is probably going to be ignored as well. On top of the DCing, the skill has an inconsistent hitbox and it somethings doesn't target mobs at all if you press/hold the key just as/before the cooldown is over.

This class looked cool at first but it's honestly just a burning train wreck at this point LMAOOO
    None of the 5th job skills work. 1st one doesn't damage amp properly, 2nd one doesn't target some bosses for some reason, and this one is unusable.

Your last bit there basically describes jett as a whole. Looks cool at first but is just a burning track wreck under the hood.
    Fuhreak
  • BelloPallyBelloPally
    Reactions: 1,905
    edited January 2019

I guess you're right. Here are three more videos.

Allied Fury, skill level of 6
    Allied Fury, skill level of 25
    Allied Fury, skill level of 30
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2019
    BelloPally wrote: »

I guess you're right. Here are three more videos.

Allied Fury, skill level of 6
    Allied Fury, skill level of 25
    Allied Fury, skill level of 30

That's a better sample as to why level of the skill doesn't matter; itll still cause crashes
  • CJSmasherCJSmasher
    Reactions: 220
    edited January 2019
    Looks like another nail in the coffin for the Jett class for me. The link skill was my first nail in the coffin. Who wants a stupid link skill that gives random boosts to your stats based on the daily reset? What if the daily reset gives you no boosts? It's then like you wasted your life raising a Jett to Level 120 and after seeing these woes about the 5th job skills crashing the game, yep, never gonna raise a Jett for the Level 3 Link skill, no matter how large the random boost is. Can't main a Jett because it can't use 5th job skills and you want 5th job skills or Arcane River will eat you for lunch(from personal experience, those stupid Lantern Erdas that fly in and hit you with the Dry condition suck tightwad X( ), can't use a Jett mule as the link skill is too RNG for it to be useful. Come on, Nexon, when you update to the next story arc, make Jett more important.