[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

When will achievements be re-enabled?

StylarkStylark
Reactions: 610
edited January 2019 in General Chat
Since the start of the black mage event, certain achievements like ones for bossing have been temporarily limited. Will those achievements be re-enabled once the new beginnings is patched to the main game? And as a follow up to that question, if we accomplished any achievements while they were limited, would those achievements be added to our journal for accomplishing them or would we have to do them all over again?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    They'll be re-enabled with the patch coming in a few days from what I've heard. And I'd also like to know if they'll be applied retroactively.

@Ghiblee or @Arwoo if either of you could give some kind of insight into this, it'd be appreciated.
    Stylark
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited January 2019
    I just stole the Dragon Egg for Fritto, but it hasn't given the achievement.
    Sad.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2019
    HousePet wrote: »
    I just stole the Dragon Egg for Fritto, but it hasn't given the achievement.
    Sad.

Ouch, now I'm really hoping the disabled achievements are applied retroactively once re-enabled.
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited January 2019
    I got to the top and was so shocked, that I had no idea what to do. XD
    Oh, click on it...
    FuhreakYinYangX
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2019
    Well hey, congrats on getting up there. Unless you get obscenely lucky, it won't be happening again for some time. What makes it worse is there's no trick to it, it's all RNG. It's like the chest minigame from Ocarina of Time, but you can't cheat.
  • DarchesDarches
    Reactions: 620
    edited January 2019
    Oh, so THAT'S what that "minigame" was about.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2019
    Yep. Though purely as a matter of splitting hairs, you can use your interact key to hit the egg too.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    I can still count the number of times I've reached it on one hand.
    I enter those portals every single time, if I can help it I don't skip them.
    gOFLmu3.png
  • StylarkStylark
    Reactions: 610
    edited January 2019
    So achievements aren't retroactively added, but those achievements that were limited during the black mage event can now be unlocked; I found this out by soloing Damien and Lotus for my third time as I then got the solo achievement for both.