[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

PIC not working after v202 update

XpShiftzXpShiftz
Reactions: 1,040
edited January 2019 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: PIC bug

Brief bug summary: Cannot use PIC system correctly/ not working

More details: Every time I try to enter my PIC it says there is an error, it consists of letters and the letters no longer change when the button is pushed multiple times

Steps to reproduce: Go to character selection and attempt to enter a pic with letters, you'll notice it doesn't function the same as before and that pressing the button repeatedly causes more letters to show and not change the letter as before

Date and time of the incident: 2019 - 01 -23 5:28pm

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    Perhaps resetting your PIC through the site will fix it?
  • devildwarfdevildwarf
    Reactions: 1,305
    edited January 2019
    Also having trouble with PIC not working, only the first letters work on the PIC, so any password that uses another letter won't work (so A works but B and C don't, it just puts A multiple times)
  • ShadowJoshXDShadowJoshXD
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited January 2019
    Same here.. I had to Reset my Pic via Site
  • XpShiftzXpShiftz
    Reactions: 1,040
    edited January 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

It appears to be an in game bug, that Multiple people are having. If I remember correctly resetting the PIC online still requires the input of a new PIC in game, and from what I have seen so far, the in game PIC system is what is wrong here. Perhaps I phrased my report wrong. When entering my PIC , as I try to change the letters (which is typically done by pressing the same button multiple times) instead of changing the letter being entered as it use to do prior to the patch, it just enters the same letter over again. (AT least that what it appears to be).
    For example, say i want the letter "b" so i would locate the "abc" button and press it twice, usually this would cause the letter to be entered to be "b" but now it simply and only displays "**" rather than briefly showing the letter "b". This leads me to believe that it entered "aa" disguised as "**" instead of what is actually supposed to be the letter "b"

Hopefully this clarifies the bug a bit better.
    Talonex
  • DrProTheBestDrProTheBest
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2019
    I'm having the same issue.
  • RascothRascoth
    Reactions: 315
    edited January 2019
    Same as above, can't choose letters other that first letters on PIC display and can't input my PIC. Restarting game and whole launcher didn't help.
    edited January 2019
    That was is going on with me to. I had to Force change my pic
  • anubis42anubis42
    Reactions: 945
    edited January 2019
    XpShiftz wrote: »
    Bug type: PIC bug

Brief bug summary: Cannot use PIC system correctly/ not working

More details: Every time I try to enter my PIC it says there is an error, it consists of letters and the letters no longer change when the button is pushed multiple times

Steps to reproduce: Go to character selection and attempt to enter a pic with letters, you'll notice it doesn't function the same as before and that pressing the button repeatedly causes more letters to show and not change the letter as before

Date and time of the incident: 2019 - 01 -23 5:28pm

Yeah, I just talked with a couple of my friends and it seems like no one of us are able to log into our characters.

I believe 90%+ of maplers won't be able to enter because if anyone has a PIC that involve small and big letters then he wouldn't be able to enter, but if one has only either small or big letters, he'd be able to enter easily.
    devildwarf wrote: »
    Also having trouble with PIC not working, only the first letters work on the PIC, so any password that uses another letter won't work (so A works but B and C don't, it just puts A multiple times)

Yes, I've talked with over 7 friends about it, no one is able to log into their characters (unless our PIC was either small or big letters, with numbers also, or just numbers)
    Aggraphine wrote: »

As I've mentioned above, the only ones who can log into their maple characters right now are the ones with PIC that has either small or big letters only, for example "idkasfa" or "IDKFALSD" or just numbers and such, but if your PIC has both small and big letters, then you won't be able to enter the game at all, and atleast 90% of maplers has those kind of PIC's that involve both small and big letters, so it seems like we're in big troubles...
  • RascothRascoth
    Reactions: 315
    edited January 2019
    That was is going on with me to. I had to Force change my pic
    You can force change PIC (which I did), but it's not solving the problem of not being able to click other letters than first ones on button.
    edited January 2019
    Yeah.. Nexon need to shut down the game.
  • anubis42anubis42
    Reactions: 945
    edited January 2019
    Yeah.. Nexon need to shut down the game.

Can't they fix and do such a simple task as this one without shutting down the game...? jeez
    edited January 2019
    Also What is weirdly going on.. After I change my Pic. The Game Crash.
  • cartiantycartianty
    Reactions: 500
    edited January 2019
    Can`t log in either keep getting pic wrong try again???? What to do I don`t use letters only numbers????????
  • RetrolightRetrolight
    Reactions: 710
    edited January 2019
    Same... PIC inputs are broken.
  • zSecretzSecret
    Reactions: 620
    edited January 2019
    The problem gets worse too...
    I successfully logged in after resetting PIC on website but when tried to log in after after switching characters, the PIC is unrecognized and I can't reset PIC via website + changing PIC for a new PIC is also unrecognized...
    EXdest
  • EvilKainEvilKain
    edited January 2019
    Having an issue with the PIC log in, it keeps marking the same letters over and over not allowing selection on any soft keys, not being able to input complete PICs
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited January 2019
    Yep, I just tried logging in and was told the PIC was wrong. Tried again and noticed it input a letter for every time I pressed a button trying to cycle to the letter I actually need.
  • NirNightNirNight
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited January 2019
    changed pic... it's only numbers...

NOTHING. the game isn't work.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited January 2019
    You're not alone. It's been reported on the Bug forum, but having this topic as well will help spread the word to those unaware.
    EvilKain
  • EvilKainEvilKain
    edited January 2019
    Thanks ... i was about to HULK-SMASH my computer F3... >=[:...