[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Make all drops instanced

darikdarik
Reactions: 3,270
edited August 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Ok so we all know party play is the best thing ever,much better than solo play, but we are always worried about sharing the drops within party( nodes,lucid drops, etc)
My suggestion is making all drops instanced,so that the member of our party dont see them and u dont see theirs, this will promote more party play and specially for training, now that 25p is no longer max level, with this implememtation i think more peopls that are 200+ will party and train together.

Comments

• CrypticTheiCrypticThei
    Reactions: 870
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    I doubt this would promote party training. People don't avoid party training because of the shared drops; they avoid it because nowadays a single person can easily clear an entire map and one shot kill enemies, and partying with other players would just give themselves less exp. Even with the new determination ring, players it still isn't worth it to train with another player. Most people just use the ring and have a friend afk in their party so that they can gain the benefits of the ring without losing exp to leech.
    Back when party training was relevant (days of SH, LHC, etc) players didn't have attacks that could cover the entire map and most players did not kill mobs in 1 attack.

It would also remove the incentive to do endgame bosses (Hlucid and Hwill to name two) because with instanced drops there would be much more arcane gear flowing in the market, lowering the price and reducing payout per run exponentially. MMOs are intended to have a progression system, not to give everybody the exact same gear extremely easily.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    I doubt this would promote party training. People don't avoid party training because of the shared drops; they avoid it because nowadays a single person can easily clear an entire map and one shot kill enemies, and partying with other players would just give themselves less exp. Even with the new determination ring, players it still isn't worth it to train with another player. Most people just use the ring and have a friend afk in their party so that they can gain the benefits of the ring without losing exp to leech.
    Back when party training was relevant (days of SH, LHC, etc) players didn't have attacks that could cover the entire map and most players did not kill mobs in 1 attack.

It would also remove the incentive to do endgame bosses (Hlucid and Hwill to name two) because with instanced drops there would be much more arcane gear flowing in the market, lowering the price and reducing payout per run exponentially. MMOs are intended to have a progression system, not to give everybody the exact same gear extremely easily.

I would actually argue against this stuff. You don't grind on the same map in a party that you do solo.
    There are maps big enough that NO-CLASS can clear alone. It's not possible.
    If these maps have a higher mob count than the solo maps is the real question.
    Throw in wild-cards like runes, bad party members, bad map choices for level range, high level difference between party members, etc...
    Then it just becomes easier to solo. I would argue it's not faster.