[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple crashing after pressing "Play"

VycoVyco
Reactions: 205
edited January 2019 in Tech Support
I've recently decided to play Maple again but I can't manage to open it. It just stays on a blank window until it isn't responding.
I've tried to reinstall and didn't work.

sveiRO5.png

_________

Link to the Support Centers details regarding this issue.

Edited by Invulgo.

Comments

• NochibiNochibi
    Reactions: 100
    I have the same problem, after the update, game doesn't start and it is stuck at that white screen.
  • YoachYoach
    edited January 2019
    Same over here
  • MoonsensualMoonsensual
    Reactions: 300
    edited January 2019
    I have the same problem. I have updated my drivers and reinstalled 3 times each on Nexon Launcher and Steam but nothing solves the problem.
    If multiple people have this error at the same time, it's more than just our computers being stupid.
  • pufframpuffram
    same issue!!
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    There's a setup.exe or similar in the install directory that is supposed to help with being unable to see the game.
    I believe it has to do with refresh rates, so I'm not sure if it'll help or not.
    Try running it to see what happens.
    luna02
  • VycoVyco
    edited January 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    There's a setup.exe or similar in the install directory that is supposed to help with being unable to see the game.
    I believe it has to do with refresh rates, so I'm not sure if it'll help or not.
    Try running it to see what happens.

I've already tried that, it changed my refresh rates but didn't solve anything.
    Fuhreak
  • ShulbarsShulbars
    Reactions: 610
    edited January 2019
    I'm having the same problem, did everything that was supposed to fix it but still got nothing.
  • AppelroosaAppelroosa
    Reactions: 710
    edited January 2019
    Same problem. Still nothing. Screen white, maple stops loading at 524 mb. They are monitoring forum !!!!!????? Dont think so :(
  • Brad623Brad623
    edited January 2019
    Game won't load, it's just stuck in the white window when it first opened. Tried restart, redownload, downloading in steam, nothing works. Rip me.
  • VycoVyco
    edited January 2019
    Appelroosa wrote: »
    Same problem. Still nothing. Screen white, maple stops loading at 524 mb. They are monitoring forum !!!!!????? Dont think so :(

Yeah... The lack of response from them is quite frustating.
    Even a "We are looking into it" would make me glad, but it seems that I'll just have to wait for it to fix itself or just not play at all.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited January 2019
    Hello I have forwarded this issue :)
  • zeusthegreatzeusthegreat
    edited January 2019
    same here, but it was working earlier in the day i was playing fine and i logged off and now i get the white screen of death
  • zeusthegreatzeusthegreat
    edited January 2019
    game freezes in white loading screen was working fine earlier on today 11:16 pm now it doesnt wanna work[img][/img]unknown.png
  • VycoVyco
    edited January 2019
    Invulgo wrote: »

Well, thanks!
    Is there anything I / we can provide to better analyze the problem?
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited January 2019
    Vyco wrote: »
    Invulgo wrote: »

Well, thanks!
    Is there anything I / we can provide to better analyze the problem?

Well not sure if there is a direct connection or anything but I had this problem myself, and I think it was fixed by verifying the file integrity on steam. Left click > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files.

Here is what the support center states:

[1/24/2019] Stuck at white loading screen when launching MapleStory

Link: https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/360022259452--1-24-2019-Stuck-at-white-loading-screen-when-launching-MapleStory

:
  • PerenroosPerenroos
    Reactions: 200
    edited February 2019
    And Today again looking at White Loading Screen. Not any repair works. :(
  • LeevOrDieLeevOrDie
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    https://imgur.com/a/BPDcmEi
    It just keeps happening, and I tried everything.
    Turned Avast off, ran as Administrator, had no Micro SD's plugged... what do I do?
  • PlalalalaPlalalala
    Any response from anyone? I tried logging in after I quit a year ago 3 times during these past 2 months and nothing. White screen and thats that.
  • karpandsmearglekarpandsmeargle
    It's probably some temp file messing with the game, because it worked right after I used ccleaner after seeing some random dude suggest it on reddit.
  • NokinhoNokinho
    edited April 2020
    It's probably some temp file messing with the game, because it worked right after I used ccleaner after seeing some random dude suggest it on reddit.

What part of CCleaner did you do? my fear of using ccleaner is that it deletes some important record from my pc..