[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Leaf City limited buy able potions!

Reactions: 735
edited January 2019 in General Chat
ThMwMyh.jpg

When did this start?
Max Ginger ale is 10,000 and no more can be bought.

I was buying these for my new link skill characters and now these potions have a limited stock of 10,000 buy able.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2019
    At least 4 years.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/3o7qpo/rip_ginger_ales/
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/17502/cant-buy-ginger-ale

As stated, the text is weird, but it appears to be a channel purchase limit.
    Also, I believe it resets regularly. I can't tell you when, as I've never hit the limit myself.
    FuhreakYinYangX
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    It's a LOT older than 4 years.
    I remember the NLC potion shop running out of potions on all channels before 2x EXP events before Big Bang. That's over 8 years ago.
    InvulgoYinYangX
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    This thread is a fantastic display of how disused and abandoned "gms-exclusive" content is. Add to this the one guy who's actually doing alishan and you start to wonder "why does gms even bother with their own exclusive content?"
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    This thread is a fantastic display of how disused and abandoned "gms-exclusive" content is. Add to this the one guy who's actually doing alishan and you start to wonder "why does gms even bother with their own exclusive content?"

Alishan came from TMS.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2019
    Neospector wrote: »

Alishan cam from TMS.

Welp.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019

Alishan came from TMS.

Alishan cam from TMS.

Welp.

Change the statement to "Non-KMS" and it still works though.
    HuskyDM
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited January 2019

Hey i still buy those white potions they are amazing what are u talking about,i also buy the watt red potions and matt blue pots , i use a lot nlc shop o.O
    Only because u dont use it doesnt mean that the rest of maplers doesnt either, im sure a lot of people still use it , specially since the amount of power elixers that bosses used to drop got reduced some time ago.
    Dnaman101
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    darik wrote: »
    Hey i still buy those white potions they are amazing what are u talking about,i also buy the watt red potions and matt blue pots , i use a lot nlc shop o.O
    Only because u dont use it doesnt mean that the rest of maplers doesnt either, im sure a lot of people still use it , specially since the amount of power elixers that bosses used to drop got reduced some time ago.

I think you missed the point here. Even if the potion shop is nice, is any of the other content in the area used?
    I would say "abandoned" sums up the NLC area pretty well.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    darik wrote: »

I think you missed the point here. Even if the potion shop is nice, is any of the other content in the area used?
    I would say "abandoned" sums up the NLC area pretty well.

Haunted house chimney used to be the go-to for level 20 to 70-ish, but then they decided to remove that and make it "event only" for whatever reason. After that, the entire area's basically abandoned outside of people who go there infrequently for potions and the reboot players who go there to farm for a leprechaun familiar because they had crap luck getting an eye of time.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited January 2019

If only the devs actually bothered on working on stuff they bring from non-KMS we wouldn't be having any problems. Playing a non-KMS class? Don't expect any revamps and expect your character to remain broken and unusable for years-time. Going to a non-KMS area? Don't expect a fair game, expect useless outdated equipment, strange programming quirks and the area remaining empty from the moment it releases.

I like that they at least bring some content to make the game less of a KMS clone but if they are not going to bother updating it then whats the point?

Also has GMS ever done anything new themselves? Jett was a clone of Dragon Warrior/Zen for the longest time and thats the only thing I've seen that has been sort of produced by GMS.
    WONDERGUY
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    I like that they at least bring some content to make the game less of a KMS clone but if they are not going to bother updating it then whats the point?

But we have to ask ourselves, why does it need to be less of a KMS clone? What's wrong with KMS?
    Usually people get angry when a game is different from the origin game after localization, why is MapleStory any different?
    When a game is localized once it's not as big of a deal to change some programming.
    But when that game is constantly updated this is just asking for trouble.
    Seeing as the Korean team handles GMS now as well, I don't see why they don't just dedicate a patch season to making the non-KMS content part of KMS.
    It'll be taxing on the programming team to re-write a lot of the code, but from a design process most of the work is done. It just needs to be re-balanced.
    The alternative is that they continue to slowly cut all non-KMS content until we have a 1:1 copy with tweaked variables.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited January 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »

But we have to ask ourselves, why does it need to be less of a KMS clone? What's wrong with KMS?
    Usually people get angry when a game is different from the origin game after localization, why is MapleStory any different?
    When a game is localized once it's not as big of a deal to change some programming.
    But when that game is constantly updated this is just asking for trouble.
    Seeing as the Korean team handles GMS now as well, I don't see why they don't just dedicate a patch season to making the non-KMS content part of KMS.
    It'll be taxing on the programming team to re-write a lot of the code, but from a design process most of the work is done. It just needs to be re-balanced.
    The alternative is that they continue to slowly cut all non-KMS content until we have a 1:1 copy with tweaked variables.

There isn't a problem with GMS being a 1:1 clone of KMS but I get why the dev team would make some Global Exclusive content, to make things interesting for people who play this version just like KMS gets their own unique stuff from time to time. If what you say is true and the Korean team is the one who handles GMS in its entirety then yes, keeping all the non-KMS content would be taxing. But if the GMS team only handles localization and thats the reason why we are always behind schedule compared to KMS then I'm sure that in the middle of all the translation effort (which they still fail to do sometimes) they could make sure the other exclusive content is up to date and bugtested (assuming they bugtest anything at all).

Would be a shame if we lost all those areas that KMS doesn't have like Zipangu/Mushroom Shrine, Alishan, content like the Masteria and Monad blockbusters, and the Sengoku classes and bosses, Jett and Beast Tamer all due because the dev team couldn't be bothered to keep up with what they added on top of what KMS made.
    WONDERGUY
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    There isn't a problem with GMS being a 1:1 clone of KMS but I get why the dev team would make some Global Exclusive content, to make things interesting for people who play this version just like KMS gets their own unique stuff from time to time. If what you say is true and the Korean team is the one who handles GMS in its entirety then yes, keeping all the non-KMS content would be taxing. But if the GMS team only handles localization and thats the reason why we are always behind schedule compared to KMS then I'm sure that in the middle of all the translation effort (which they still fail to do sometimes) they could make sure the other exclusive content is up to date and bugtested (assuming they bugtest anything at all).

Would be a shame if we lost all those areas that KMS doesn't have like Zipangu/Mushroom Shrine, Alishan, content like the Masteria and Monad blockbusters, and the Sengoku classes and bosses, Jett and Beast Tamer all due because the dev team couldn't be bothered to keep up with what they added on top of what KMS made.

According to several people on the forums, GMS is developed by Korea now.
    If they're going to be constantly fixing our version anyway, they might as well sit down for a patch season and do it right.
    Then when they do all that work, they can make sure Korea still gets something out of it, by adding the newly balanced/programmed content back into the Korean version.
    Everyone (somewhat) wins. We'd most likely get a huge nerf to a lot of content, but again, it's better than it being removed over the next few years.
    This slow removal of content is seemingly what Nexon of Korea is doing, so if that's their plan, this is a much better option. (for GMS)

If the non-KMS areas are now KMS as well, they should get some love or reworks when people in korea complain about them, too.
    Unless they just get locked and then removed after several years... RIP Florina beach, stay strong Tera Forest.
  • CrispHotdogCrispHotdog
    Reactions: 855
    edited December 2019
    Sorry to bump a massively dead topic but. I just tried purchasing hornsters from NLC after quitting MS for over a year - still it's sold out, what gives? :/ I thought this was supposed to restock. Seems awefully pointless having a sale limit on this in the first place...
    WONDERGUY
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    Sorry to bump a massively dead topic but. I just tried purchasing hornsters from NLC after quitting MS for over a year - still it's sold out, what gives? :/ I thought this was supposed to restock. Seems awefully pointless having a sale limit on this in the first place...

Did you read the thread before bumping it?

The limit is per channel, not per person, so your having been gone for a year is irrelevant.
    Try a different channel.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited December 2019
    [Edit] deleted