[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Random ban

XatraXatra
Reactions: 805
edited February 2019 in Bug Reporting
I am literally scared right now.

I was just farming with my kishin 30 min ago at byebye station, and when my legion buff finished it's duration, I went to drop my kanna's exp by killing the character multiplie times using my Hyper teleport rock to tp to places with mobs. right after 5 times or so I got disconnected, saying I was banned, and that I was eitherway hacking or using an illegal third party program.
All I did was use a spanish keyboard (Which was said to be allowed, you know, it's what allows you to press 2 buttons at the same time i believe for kanna?) and that's all...
I never keyweighted my keyboard since I always put my kishin at the same spot every 2-3 minutes when it disappeared..

What's going on!?

EDIT: To my last comment, I also want to explain how I attacked in the map, I put up the uh, I forgot the skill's name, that puts somewhat black poision and drops monsters to 1 HP after awhile on the right side of the map, and held my alt and ctrl button with the two of my fingers, and every 2-3 minutes I would go back to the middle platform on the left side of the map and put my Kish there again. and then repeat.

Comments

• XatraXatra
    edited February 2019
    All this in the course of 25 minutes! how could this be ;-; ....
    I'm like scared, that the next time I'll use my Kanna ever again to farm my mesos I'll get perma-banned...

Staff team always say that these stuff are always judged right... I don't understand how's that possible, how was I banned?
    List of what I did with my Kanna:
    1. Bought a legion buff for mesos obtained
    2. Tp'd to ByeBye Station
    3. Put up my kishin on the middle-left side platform and got my Eye of time out and popped the buff
    4. I farmed for *20* minutes, because I can't use another legion buff, because my eye of time's HP was about to deplete.
    5. After finishing I teleported with my rock 5~ times to drop my Kanna's EXP because I was about 92% and did not want to level up
    6. I got banned

I know, getting mad won't solve a *thing*, but it's just that I don't like it, I don't like that it's not justified, I put effort into the game, I work on it a lot, and then the game just tells me that I'm blocked.
    It makes me question if I'll ever farm again with my Kanna, it's making me just scared, who knows, I might farm and get banned for no reason permenantly and then what, game over... I never hacked, nor cheated in any possible way.
    Why do I deserve this? >;/

Last edit:
    I just got unbanned, BUT.
    What if that happens again?
    Do I record my gameplay with my Kanna from now on?
    Would that be recommended if I get wrongfully banned again?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Did you actually get banned (blue notice when you try to log in, saying the account was blocked) or did you get a white notice with Maple Admin before getting disconnected, saying "You have been blocked by GM Police for the HACK reason"?

If it's the latter, then that is just a result of lag. It's not a real ban and it won't cause you to be banned next time.
    XatraFuhreak
  • XatraXatra
    edited February 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Did you actually get banned (blue notice when you try to log in, saying the account was blocked) or did you get a white notice with Maple Admin before getting disconnected, saying "You have been blocked by GM Police for the HACK reason"?

If it's the latter, then that is just a result of lag. It's not a real ban and it won't cause you to be banned next time.

Oh, no. that was not the ordinary message of "GM police" (Which I have gotten like a couple of months ago), but the actual ban that I've been blocked.
    The blue notice, saying how long I was banned, but after contacting the support center, my ban was lifted.

However! I do not wish for that to happen again, so what must I do to avoid being wrongfully banned?
    Will recording my gameplay help?

EDIT: the one who contacted me back from the support, was very nice, and understanding towards my situation, given the fact it was the first time I EVER got a ban. (However If It was not the first time, which I strongly believe it was, it might've been 3-4 years ago, maybe for trash talking, but eh, I was immature back then, not anymore.)
    I see many people claiming like me, to get a ban for no reason? Why is that happening? it was just a regular gameplay, But it's remarkable how it only happens while people play Kanna.

So will recording my gameplay help?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Nexon has not confirmed Spanish farming to be safe or legal, at least in no post or comment I can find. The only sources I can find suggesting this have been a handful of Reddit posts claiming "a streamer did it" and that a GM in live chat said it wasn't explicitly against the rules (no evidence or screenshots of this claim).
    Bumbertyr also tested the hack detection system with a Spanish farming Kanna, and did not trip the system, but this only confirms that the hack detection system active in December 2018 was not detecting or banning for Spanish farming.

Nexon has not explicitly spoken out against the technique either, but from another player's perspective it looks very much like hacking, and placing Kishin in the exact same spot when it expires looks a lot like macroing.
    Ultimately the safest way to play the game is to actually play the game normally. I cannot guarantee that Nexon will not change their minds and decide Spanish farming is against the rules, nor can I guarantee you won't be reported by other players.

This holds true for suicide farming as well.
    Fuhreak
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Recording your gameplay won't hurt, but I can't promise it would help, either. They can still suspect that you were hacking at other times.

Unfortunately I don't know of any way to make sure that whatever got you banned won't trigger again if you keep farming the same way. If you want to be safe, avoid farming on your Kanna for a few days, and keep an eye on the forums and reddit to see if others are getting banned the same way and if there is a message from Nexon about it.
    Fuhreak
  • XatraXatra
    edited February 2019
    Neospector wrote: »
    Nexon has not confirmed Spanish farming to be safe or legal, at least in no post or comment I can find. The only sources I can find suggesting this have been a handful of Reddit posts claiming "a streamer did it" and that a GM in live chat said it wasn't explicitly against the rules (no evidence or screenshots of this claim).
    Bumbertyr also tested the hack detection system with a Spanish farming Kanna, and did not trip the system, but this only confirms that the hack detection system active in December 2018 was not detecting or banning for Spanish farming.

Nexon has not explicitly spoken out against the technique either, but from another player's perspective it looks very much like hacking, and placing Kishin in the exact same spot when it expires looks a lot like macroing.
    Ultimately the safest way to play the game is to actually play the game normally. I cannot guarantee that Nexon will not change their minds and decide Spanish farming is against the rules, nor can I guarantee you won't be reported by other players.

This holds true for suicide farming as well.

So pressing 2 buttons simultaneously is not allowed?
    I mean I can understand if it's not but ONLY FOR FARMING..
    See.. until Nexon say it's not allowed. Then by any logical way of thinking it's allowed therefore if doing it results a ban it can be taken off since it isn't really violating any rules...

However the staff from the support center did say that my account was believed to break the ToS.

I'm sure many do that. The telefarming.
    I did it before and nothing happened.

It's like night Walker who can throw faster by pressing two keys at the same time with sticky keys?
    And that's perfectly fine so how come telefarming is not?
    It was not key-weighted too... so doesn't that mean I can do it?

If they're not discouraging the use of telefarming then it means they're not against it.

Unless we can get a word about it from an official source. Can we, somehow?
    I can also change the kishin's spot from now on each time.

Think of it like this. Instead of pressing a key a lot.. resulting a hand to be sore, then just pressing it without stopping except for the times when you have to put kishin again, is fine, no?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Xatra wrote: »
    See.. until Nexon say it's not allowed. Then by any logical way of thinking it's allowed therefore if doing it results a ban it can be taken off since it isn't really violating any rules...

No, that's not how it works. The same arguments were used for keyweighting:
    "IT'S NOT HACKING, IT'S JUST PUTTING SOMETHING HEAVY ON THE KEY"
    "SO IF I'M ACTUALLY AT THE KEYBOARD WATCHING ANIME I'M STILL THERE THAT'S NOT AFK"
    "SO IF I HOLD THE KEY WITH MY TOE I'M TOUCHING IT WITH MY BODY THAT MEANS IT'S NOT AFK"
    And so on.

Ultimately Nexon ruled against it, regardless of what people argued.

Unless Nexon has explicitly said otherwise, I can't guarantee your safety. This doesn't mean you will be banned, as there is no evidence to suggest that Spanish farming is explicitly against the rules, just that the absolute safest way of playing the game is by playing the game as it's meant to be played.
    Again, I'm not saying you will be banned, just that you should be aware that Nexon has in no way endorsed Spanish farming, and as such could rule either way on the subject.
  • SolitonSoliton
    Reactions: 415
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Neospector wrote: »
    Xatra wrote: »

No, that's not how it works. The same arguments were used for keyweighting:
    "IT'S NOT HACKING, IT'S JUST PUTTING SOMETHING HEAVY ON THE KEY"
    "SO IF I'M ACTUALLY AT THE KEYBOARD WATCHING ANIME I'M STILL THERE THAT'S NOT AFK"
    "SO IF I HOLD THE KEY WITH MY TOE I'M TOUCHING IT WITH MY BODY THAT MEANS IT'S NOT AFK"
    And so on.

Ultimately Nexon ruled against it, regardless of what people argued.

Unless Nexon has explicitly said otherwise, I can't guarantee your safety. This doesn't mean you will be banned, as there is no evidence to suggest that Spanish farming is explicitly against the rules, just that the absolute safest way of playing the game is by playing the game as it's meant to be played.
    Again, I'm not saying you will be banned, just that you should be aware that Nexon has in no way endorsed Spanish farming, and as such could rule either way on the subject.

I think your post here is misleading. I get what you're trying to say but you are implying that spanish farming is less than ethical play, which there is no evidence for. If you are not keyweighting spanish farming is making use of perfectly legal skills (kanna random TP and shikigami haunting). These skills have worked like this for years and if the randomness of Kanna TP was a bug nexon could have addressed this a long time ago. It might not be the way the original developers had intended for the skill to be used, but it's not abusing any obvious bugs or exploits and to suggest that it might be bannable is very misleading for people (especially coming from a VFM).
    Xatra
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Section V of TERMS OF SERVICE AND END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT, "Code of Conduct"

"WE MAY WITHHOLD, SUSPEND, MODIFY, OR TERMINATE YOUR ACCESS TO THE SERVICES FOR ANY OR NO REASON AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW"
    This isn't unique to Nexon, ALL game companies add this to their EULA or TOS to cover anyone who slips through the cracks.
    This also means however that they do not owe you anything and have no reasons to unban your account even if you weren't hacking. (Well not legally, at least.)
    Be careful.

I'd say don't do anything that a GM might see and think "That looks like hacking/cheating/botting."
    Even if no thirdparty software or special tricks are needed, if it feels off, just avoid doing it.
    False bans can happen even if you aren't doing anything, so why would you add "strange activity" on top of that chance?
    Xatra
  • XatraXatra
    edited February 2019
    So I just looked up some farming videos, and (I am not pointing fingers and blaming), this, was no different, the system
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Section V of TERMS OF SERVICE AND END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT, "Code of Conduct"

"WE MAY WITHHOLD, SUSPEND, MODIFY, OR TERMINATE YOUR ACCESS TO THE SERVICES FOR ANY OR NO REASON AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW"
    This isn't unique to Nexon, ALL game companies add this to their EULA or TOS to cover anyone who slips through the cracks.
    This also means however that they do not owe you anything and have no reasons to unban your account even if you weren't hacking. (Well not legally, at least.)
    Be careful.

I'd say don't do anything that a GM might see and think "That looks like hacking/cheating/botting."
    Even if no thirdparty software or special tricks are needed, if it feels off, just avoid doing it.
    False bans can happen even if you aren't doing anything, so why would you add "strange activity" on top of that chance?

How can it feel off when many are doing it, making their way up using the spanish farming without having any problems?
    I don't think it may look like hacking or cheating/botting since you can do the same thing as spanish farming just instead of holding 2 keys, you just mash them non-stop.

Pressing the two keys consistantly or simultaneously (holding) makes them both look the same. The visual differences are barely to be detected by any person in any way. So basically, it looks the very same so I can't really think it would seem as if I was doing something off...
    I'm super confused about why I got banned, playing pretend won't help me here since mods are not responsible for me and normal member's trust won't matter to me, because the reason I opened this thread is to genuinely ask why was I banned. I would understand if I exploited something or hacked, yes, that would be understandable.

What got me frustrated is the fact that I knew I was farming just as usual and got banned for it. Seeing how many other people are doing it, and then the fact that I got banned, got me frustrated, and that's how I tend to look at it right now, from my prespective at least.

Oh also, I'm not sure about the fact that false bans can never happen.. you know? I've done my fair amount of research, and it barely takes 20-30 minutes looking at various reports of people who've been claiming like me that they were banned for no reason, along with different people who joined those discussions saying that they were *too* banned unfairly for no reason.
    Kind of weird, like, what made the Anti-cheat detect anything, what triggered it to ban me? Was I running youtube illegaly? come on :/ ...
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Please note I'm not trying to spread fear or kiss the royal hand of Nexon. This is just how I see things personally.

False Bans are absolutely a thing. At the end of the day it can sometimes be summed up as "This guy looks like he's cheating somehow... Better ban him."
    Though this should be rare if your employees are trained properly and taught to treat each case fairly, when a system is backed up as far as Nexon's is with hackers...
    Sometimes people decide to take shortcuts to lessen the work load, even if it's not the proper way to do something and causes further distress.
    Given how many bans nexon must process to "keep up" with the hackers/bots, there are going to be shortcuts taken, which means false bans are going to happen.
    If Nexon stops banning, hackers will run free/wild. However since Nexon cannot keep up they need new methods to prevent hackers from springing up as quickly.
    I believe Nexon is doing their best to fix this issue. (It's their profit that will be ruined if they don't)
    However I believe they're avoiding taking certain actions due to fear of backlash or for cost reasons.
    The last thing you want to do when you're bleeding money is spend more money.
    Even if Nexon isn't currently bleeding money, there are major changes going on within the company that make doing anything drastic risky.

So basically, the reason I think you were banned is because Nexon is chaos right now. The only safe way to avoid bans is to stop playing.
    Nobody wants to hear this, but at this point in time false bans are going to happen. You just have to pray it doesn't happen to you or a GM can solve it quickly, if at all.
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited February 2019
    Interesting to read random threads, is Spanish Keyboard really a term used for keyboards you can press 2 buttons at the same time? I haven't heard of this name before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover_(key)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Anything wrote: »
    Interesting to read random threads, is Spanish Keyboard really a term used for keyboards you can press 2 buttons at the same time? I haven't heard of this name before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover_(key)

That isn't what they're referring to.
    Rather, this is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltGr_key#Control_+_Alt_as_a_substitute
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited February 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    That isn't what they're referring to.
    Rather, this is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltGr_key#Control_+_Alt_as_a_substitute
    Oh I see, thank you.
  • TacoPenguinTacoPenguin
    Reactions: 300
    Got the same issue yesterday as you with the ban, just 5 min before maintenance. Now my account is permabanned, Lol.
    My guild mates told me 10 min before to try Spanish farming. So i did, after 10 min : Boom ban!

Ah well i'm sure nexon will unban me :)

But until then bye bye years invested to this game and the stream channel that i was setting up for Maplestory reboot on yourube.

Anyone have any other good games they would recommenced similar to Maple story that is popular?