[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Magician with Double Jump plz

kageRanierikageRanieri
Reactions: 520
edited February 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Mages urgently need a double jump. Since before the big bang update, the wizards have always had a unique mobility with the teleport. However, now all classes have Double Jump, minus the Mages. In order for the class to be better utilized, I believe it is feasible to add double jump to them as well (some already have, such as Beast Tamer and Kinesis).

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2019
    Teleport, as far as I've seen and experienced, offers roughly the same mobility as flash jump, even better than flash jump in some cases.

It would be more detrimental than beneficial to a lot of people to replace teleport with a flash jump. And they would replace it, not just add it alongside, because no class has a flash jump alongside a restriction-free teleport skill.
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited February 2019
    Blaze Wizards
    Fuhreak
  • kageRanierikageRanieri
    Reactions: 520
    edited February 2019
    Teleport is server-side skill, which implies little effectiveness compared to Flash Jump (especially those facing latency problems). They could add Flash Jump and continue with Teleport to keep the Magicians unique feature.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2019
    If you want a mage without a tele, I'd recommend BW, Kinesis, BT, or even Illium (You get a pseudo glide) based on what is fun. Unfortunately I actually like teleport and I would be against throwing all mages a FJ.
    Fuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2019
    Another matter that I just remembered is that there are at least a couple of mage classes with toggle skills for extra effects associated with their teleports. Explorer mages have teleport mastery, allowing for longer range, i/l mages have chilling step and battle mages have dark shock. There's utility involved with teleport, not just travel, and it would fundamentally alter the playstyle of the classes to just strip out teleport and give them flash jump.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Another matter that I just remembered is that there are at least a couple of mage classes with toggle skills for extra effects associated with their teleports. Explorer mages have teleport mastery, allowing for longer range, i/l mages have chilling step and battle mages have dark shock. There's utility involved with teleport, not just travel, and it would fundamentally alter the playstyle of the classes to just strip out teleport and give them flash jump.

Yeah, Battle Mage relies a bit on the damage from Dark Shock at least in my experience with mobbing, I/L for Ice stacks with Chilling Step, F/P and its fire is for the stacking skill it needs for best damage (Stacking DoTs). Bishop its just a tiny poke at mobs. Kanna TP ofc could use a tweak but that's a different story.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited February 2019
    Why not make Flash Jump and Teleport a node skill for 5th job like they did for the Nova's chain skill? That way mages remain untouched and players decide what is best for them in a case to case basis.
    yennybabyy
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    Why not make Flash Jump and Teleport a node skill for 5th job like they did for the Nova's chain skill? That way mages remain untouched and players decide what is best for them in a case to case basis.

Because the map design of lachelein's clock tower demands a rope lift skill, that's why you get the node as part of that area's quest chain. Flash jump and teleport are not critical-enough skills to warrant this.
    Fuhreak