[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Extreme lag after 10/27 maintenance.

KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
Reactions: 2,960
edited October 2016 in Tech Support

It doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing, it always hitches in these intervals.
Should be noted that I play from Europe with an account made in 2006, but I have never had any issues like these until today when they reinstated the Europe IP block for new accounts.

There are no hitches on the login page, server select or character select page. The client itself seems to run as usual, no memory leaks, no CPU spikes.

Edit: Chat channels trying to connect is the problem. See replies below.
Pistol

Comments

• GhostriderGhostrider
    Reactions: 510
    edited October 2016
    Same here, I usually never lag. Also there was some other maintenance for a few minutes, i didn' get a chance to take an picture and was about to post the thread when it disappeared from the website.

I also had trouble with jump, I couldn't use my arrows keys and jump at same time, meaning could not jump in the direction i wanted. I could still jump but not with arrow keys and jump.
  • fallonstalonsfallonstalons
    Reactions: 910
    edited October 2016
    Same here game unplayable
  • EternityMaxEternityMax
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited October 2016
    Me too. Came here to post about it, but you beat me to it. Glad I'm not alone at least lol. For me the game ran fine for about an hour, then it crashed, and only after re-logging this lag started. Fix pl0x :(
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    edited October 2016
    Some people are speculating that it has to do with the chat channels. Would make sense I suppose. I don't even have the option to connect to any of them, maybe that's causing lag?

Edit: Okay, it's the chat channels. It lags whenever the tab pops up.
    fallonstalons
  • fallonstalonsfallonstalons
    Reactions: 910
    edited October 2016
    KeepComingBack

Some people are speculating that it has to do with the chat channels. Would make sense I suppose. I don't even have the option to connect to any of them, maybe that's causing lag?

Ah , ty that makes sense now.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    KeepComingBack

What tab? I don't understand your screenshot.
    edited October 2016
    @AKradian the greyed out CHAT tab next to Alliance.

Edit:

(give it some time to process)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    KeepComingBack

I don't think so.

I have two computers logged in right now.
    One is a Kanna in Reboot who has that greyed-out tab, and is not lagging at all.
    The other is my Hero in Kradia, who does not have that tab, and is having the lag spikes (freezes) every two seconds.
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

KeepComingBack

I don't think so.

I have two computers logged in right now.
    One is a Kanna in Reboot who has that greyed-out tab, and is not lagging at all.
    The other is my Hero in Kradia, who does not have that tab, and is having the lag spikes (freezes) every two seconds.
    See video above. Also it seems that if you have the tab constantly, it doesn't lag, since it's not trying to reconnect you all the time.
    Mine's currently up (tab is clickable) and I have no problems.
    Relogging or going into CS etc, disconnects you from the chat channel which makes it try to connect you again.
    Seems bugged as hell.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Huh. Now the tab appeared for my Hero - and the lag disappeared.
    I didn't go into CS or anything. Just standing idle in San Commerci : Trading Post. All I did between my previous post and now is look through my guild / alliance / buddy windows to see if anyone was on, and hold down my Raging Blow (attack) button to check for lag.
    edited October 2016
    @AKradian yeah, I didn't do anything specific either, and it magically connected to the chat channel. Though I guess after trying every 2 seconds for two hours, it was bound to connect eventually! >_>
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    KeepComingBack

@AKradian yeah, I didn't do anything specific either, and it magically connected to the chat channel. Though I guess after trying every 2 seconds for two hours, it was bound to connect eventually! >_>
    ... and now the tab disappeared for my Hero and the lag returned. This is pretty ridiculous. They need to take the "chat channels" system back out.
    Lilyflower
  • RayKudaRayKuda
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited October 2016
    I joined the general channel while it was fixed, now it wont let me change or leave it. but i am still lag free.
  • MayetalaMayetala
    Reactions: 1,520
    edited October 2016
    I can confirm this issue. Video evidence found here:

World: Scania
    IGN: Thundertala
    Level/Job: 223 Arch Mage (Ice/Lightning)
    Date/Time of Occurrence: Immediately after the maintenance on October 27th, 2016
    Steps to reproduce: Play the game. Keep an eye out for when the "chat" tab pops up on the chat window, and observe the game's latency.
  • MainemanMaineman
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    me and all my guild mates had the same problem. Appears going into the cash shop caused the issue for us. Same lag as all the videos posted. chat channel thing just keeps popping up and disappearing over and over. We all got off cause its unplayable.
    edited October 2016
    gdi Nexon please take the game down asap to disable this chat channel crap. I can't do anything right now.
  • VivViv
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2016
    I think there might be something special about Commerci? My lag also disappeared while standing in the trading post.
  • liljayyyyliljayyyy
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited October 2016
    feelslaggyman
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited October 2016
    Went to Commerci and the lag is still there. My main lags every other second or so while my mule has no problem. Reminds me of error 38 in a way. Maybe farm, inventory size, and the amount of link skills, quests, etc have something to do with this? Hope something is done soon, since "literally unplayable" actually applies in this case...
    edited October 2016
    Asylum
    Asylum said:

Went to Commerci and the lag is still there. My main lags every other second or so while my mule has no problem. Reminds me of error 38 in a way. Maybe farm, inventory size, and the amount of link skills, quests, etc have something to do with this? Hope something is done soon, since "literally unplayable" actually applies in this case...
    Most of my mules are fine too. I'm wondering if having other chat tabs such as guild and alliance would affect it. Cause my main has those, while my mules don't.