[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How much money have you spending on Maplestory?

MedivhMedivh
Reactions: 100
edited March 2019 in General Chat
Title is question!

Comments

• HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited March 2019
    I spent like $100 a few years back. Right now however I don't see any benefits in spending.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    100% F2P, though if you convert the amount of time I played to some type of cash equivalence, probably a handsome amount of $$$. ;;
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Probably somewhere around 50-60 over the years on various pets.
    I'd actually to spend more, but that requires having money in the first place.
    I'm on reboot anyway so it's not like it matters.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    too much
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited March 2019
    Before I quit (hopefully for good this time), I showed my discord friends who also play this game my currency purchase history and the first two pages accumulated to about >$500. I had 102 pages of transaction histories from the start of making this account, which isn't my first account I had no started spending money on when it comes to maplestory. I'm not trying to advise anyone to quit playing maplestory but it was certainly the best option I had because I barely make $200 a week and I'm lucky I'm not living on my own. After quitting I've realized that spending my paychecks on Maplestory was the main reason for my drinking problem, which is sad, but it's no joke. After I stopped playing early february of this year, I also stopped binge drinking and I've been sober for the most part excluding 1-2 times I drank only to suppress any withdrawls I'd be suceptable to. Again, I'm not trying to make anyone quit playing or spending money on the game if you can afford it but if you're in the same ship as me I'd recommend you giving the game a hiatus to see the difference it could make in your life if you're like me. I really enjoy maplestory but it's not healthy for me to play it with the gambling and alcoholic problem I have/had. It's really hard to resist spending any money on the game and I wish my tolerance was stronger.

I've gone off topic so once again I'd like to sum it up that $250 was a tame amount for me to spend monthly on this game compared to the amounts I've spent in the past (I'd have back to back $100 transactions and would easily reach the credit cap limit on both Steam and Nexon's site). within the past year I've had an average online spending amount of about 250 a month with some dry months that skew the amount downwards, and this doesn't include physical karma koin game cards (though does include Steam cards since it's indecipherable to tell apart credit card purchases and steam cards without looking into steam purchases as well). I'll be generous and say that about an additional $25 a month average goes into buying physical karma koin cards. So this totals my year's spending to an average of $2700 on Maplestory across the span of my account's lifetime (since 2010, though I had just 1 purchase in 2010 so I'll only include the year 2012 onwards, which was where my spending really went crazy), amasses to $20,340 (yikes). I'm really too scared to check the transactions on my original account that I haven't touched in years. I only counted the first 2 pages and averaged that out between $257 which spanned from the last week of november to the first week of February, multiplied it by 12 and multiplied the total to the total years I've spent money on more than once for the whole year.

TL;DR: about $20,340 from 2012~2018 (and 2 months) + the $10 i spent during the entire year of 2010
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited March 2019
    AznboiE wrote: »
    TL;DR: about $20,340 from 2012~2018 (and 2 months) + the $10 i spent during the entire year of 2010

oh dear..

• AnomaletixAnomaletix
    Reactions: 800
    edited March 2019
    none, but I really wanna get some of the cool-looking cosmetics so I might spend some money
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited March 2019
    $60-70 every dmt events since last year
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited March 2019
    spent 500 on philo books feb into march
  • ThiskidThiskid
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited April 2019
    Roughly 300 dollars over the course of 7 years.
    On... COSMETICS NO REGRETS@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited April 2019
    Combined through the years like lots. Honestly haven't done the math. It is a bit subjective though, I know many players that spend way more than me. That have like Diamond MVP rank month after month, I am not one of them :P

Gaming is a valuable hobby and i do not regret spending money on MapleStory at all. In fact I wish I had more time to spend more, maybe I can during the summer. Totally want a calm staycation and lots of gaming time.
  • SuperJonicSuperJonic
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited April 2019
    None. Been spending years trying to grind for cubes to get the right potential for my weapon. Still no progress.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited April 2019
    Well, it depends on how much you spend on your playing style. Most people who have insane range and didn't spend more than 500 usd probably cheated. Only one mapler I saw spend 500 but had a lot of cause of working together with the guild was kewra. Now that's one type of spending, the hene hoe life spending me being king of the hene hoes and have most cash shops on deck prob spent 2000 usd on cash shops check my karma koins. Also don't forget about funding, with cubes I prob spent 1500 usd or more and marvel and books I spent about 700. so let me add that together, prob I spent from my years of playing maple and spending money 2012-2019 definitely around 4000 usd in maple. Riza how do we know you're not lying? easy why am I not ban in-game yet >.< but yea that's how much I spent if I kept it all the way 100 I hope everyone else does the same ;)
  • RokaniRokani
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited April 2019
    280 since 2010 for pets, cosmetics, and store permits.