[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Problem with missing data file of MS on my laptop

GlatorGlator
Reactions: 310
edited March 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Why does it say that I need to download the latest client in MS despite the fact it's only been a few weeks ever since I downloaded it? I have another laptop and in it, there's a file of MS working there, should I transfer it from that laptop to this one?

EDIT: FYI, I used to play MS back then and I had this same issue. Last time I did the same thing as I said in the question, but I couldn't open NL from the website. So I had to download MS from the website.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2019
    There was a minor patch 4 days ago. It shouldn't have been more than a hundred megabytes large.

If you saw it installing 12 GB, please note that this is completely normal, it did not redownload the full game. Refer to this thread for details.
    Fuhreak
  • GlatorGlator
    edited March 2019
    Ah, thank you for that. I really thought that it was redownloading the whole game and was going to uninstall it.

However, on my other laptop, whenever I click on Play, it tells me 'A system error has occurred. Please try again later." I thought I should leave it for a while and came back later but still no luck. What should I do?

FYI, It didn't try installing 12 GB on this one. I have no idea why...
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2019
    I still cannot confirm anything about a system error. My research suggest it only affects Steam users, and it isn't consistent.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/216150/discussions/0/828934089535121276/
    Fuhreak
  • AstersAsters
    Reactions: 975
    edited March 2019

you need to update the files on each pc you own.you cannot copy them at all now.

sometimes if the download got stopped suddenly due to internet issue the files get corrupted so be sure to have stable internet and over free space of at least 12G like (Neospector said)
  • GlatorGlator
    edited March 2019
    I think I figured out the soultion. I uninstalled NL and downloaded it again. The same issue happened, however I clicked on Settings and clicked on Repair Installation. Now it's downloading 14GB.