[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Allow movement of characters to different world

InovamedInovamed
Reactions: 675
edited April 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi everyone, there's something I'd like to talk to you about.
Well, you see... there used to be an event a long time ago, I dont really remember when it was. That it allows you to move to a different world with all your characters. I think such an event is very needed right now, because some players are stuck in an empty world where almost no one plays in that world, and that is very sad and annoying.
I play on Luna, the european non-reboot server, and everything's fine on there except the lack of players. Even in top times, in hours where it's supposed to be almsot full - its really not. I feel so lonely and the market is dying too.
Pray tell, how about make a new such event where you can move yourself to a different world?
The way it looks, Bera is the most populated world in the game right now. Unless I missed something?
Also, how about remove the already dead anyways worlds, like Mardia, Bellocan, Broa, etc. - all the empty worlds on the list. There is a long list of worlds, but only Bera and Scania are probably worth playing on, it seems.
If the dead worlds get removed, make an event or a procedure which allows moving characters from the dead worlds to the more populated worlds, like Bera and Scania.
The problem is no one wants to start over at level 1 without any mesos or items, just so they can play on a decently populated world. It'd be so unfair to lose all your items and characters and sacrifice them for that purpose.
That being said, anyone know if Luna is actually more populated than I thought? I tried all possible playing hours, and in all of them it was dead. Unless, I'm missing something, which is very unlikely.
Nevertheless, I am very frustrated about this issue and hope something's going to be done about it.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    Even during the World Leap event, it was not possible to Leap between regions.
  • YeaYea
    Reactions: 310
    edited April 2019
    Nexon, think about this..
    All NA worlds onto one server, reboot always separate of course (because why waste my time on a non-trade-able server xD).
    More players to boss with, run party quests, level with.
    More items/gear to buy/sell for end game bossing
    More channels to compensate for having more players

Not sure if I'm the only one that feels this way but Bellocan is the worlds deadest server out there. We need a world leap or world merge ASAP.

• ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited April 2019
    Yea wrote: »
    All NA worlds onto one server, reboot always separate of course (because why waste my time on a non-trade-able server xD).

Not sure if I'm the only one that feels this way but Bellocan is the worlds deadest server out there. We need a world leap or world merge ASAP.

There's a whole host of logistics issues to address with that one. Overlapping IGNS, Guild names, pretty much anything with a name is in conflict there. Rankings (For those who care) would be a mess. On top of that server instability is already an issue, dumping all the players into one world is not going to make it any better. World leap is what got us in this situation in the first place when they blocked transfers into certain worlds and didn't set a transfer in cap.
  • YeaYea
    Reactions: 310
    edited April 2019
    Yea wrote: »

There's a whole host of logistics issues to address with that one. Overlapping IGNS, Guild names, pretty much anything with a name is in conflict there. Rankings (For those who care) would be a mess. On top of that server instability is already an issue, dumping all the players into one world is not going to make it any better. World leap is what got us in this situation in the first place when they blocked transfers into certain worlds and didn't set a transfer in cap.

IGNs are unique within all of the NA worlds already. The only issue would be moving guild names; I never actually thought about that. Other than that everyone would have more players to do boss runs with and especially the worlds that lack players also lack mass amounts of items/gears needed to become an end game bosser.
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited April 2019
    IGNs are unique within all of the NA worlds already. The only issue would be moving guild names; I never actually thought about that. Other than that everyone would have more players to do boss runs with and especially the worlds that lack players also lack mass amounts of items/gears needed to become an end game bosser.

Ahh is that so? Well then, IGNs may not be a problem, but yeah it's a whole thing. It sucks because world leap really messed things up and world alliances really aren't that useful.