[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Which V-node skills for I/L Mage?

MawgMawg
Reactions: 1,350
edited April 2019 in General Chat
I am happy with each of these:

- ice age
- spirit of snow
- erda nova
- mana overload
- bolt barrarge

I solo and don't boss. I want to level.

Should I put everything into one of these (which one)?
or spread node across them, because of coll down?
Is there a skill which I am missing & ought to be concentrating on?

I have decent holy symbol only at level 2 - is it worth maxin, at the cost of a damage skill?

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    If you don't have a bishop friend to Holy Symbol you, personally think it's worth maxing before anything else because the exp and item drop rate boost really helps in training and getting more nodes, in my opinion.
    FuhreakMawg
  • MayetalaMayetala
    Reactions: 1,520
    edited April 2019
    Erda Nova is definitely not worth having if you just want to train and level up. The only practical use for that is to have a second method to cure yourself from being seduced by some kind of boss or something, apart from Hero's Will. Use that node's slot for something else.

Can you 1 shot the monsters that you're training on? If not, it'll help if you include a Chain Lightning/Blizzard/Lightning Orb triad in your V Matrix (with the slot that you freed up by removing Erda Nova, perhaps?) but there are also plenty of other ways to increase your damage to be able to 1 shot.

Definitely focus on Decent Holy Symbol. That helps out so much, especially in the long run. Don't worry about leveling up Ice Age, Bolt Barrage, or Spirit of Snow until you take care of that first, because as the guy above me said, it'll help with finding more nodes while you train, and give more EXP in the process.
    FuhreakMawg
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2019
    Mayetala wrote: »
    Erda Nova is definitely not worth having if you just want to train and level up. The only practical use for that is to have a second method to cure yourself from being seduced by some kind of boss or something, apart from Hero's Will. Use that node's slot for something else.

Can you 1 shot the monsters that you're training on? If not, it'll help if you include a Chain Lightning/Blizzard/Lightning Orb triad in your V Matrix (with the slot that you freed up by removing Erda Nova, perhaps?) but there are also plenty of other ways to increase your damage to be able to 1 shot.

Definitely focus on Decent Holy Symbol. That helps out so much, especially in the long run. Don't worry about leveling up Ice Age, Bolt Barrage, or Spirit of Snow until you take care of that first, because as the guy above me said, it'll help with finding more nodes while you train, and give more EXP in the process.

Erda nova is the weak aoe, you're thinking of erda's will. Either way neither are worth having in my opinion.

As for you, @Mawg, follow what this guy says about boost nodes for skills. Aim for two different combinations of the three skills he listed. It doesn't matter what order they're in as long as the first skill is different.

kdm8UTr.jpg

I took this from google, but I figured it would help show you what's considered first, second and third skills in a boost node. As long as the first skill is different, but all three skills are ultimately the same, then it'll work for you.
    Mawg
  • MayetalaMayetala
    Reactions: 1,520
    edited April 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Erda nova is the weak aoe, you're thinking of erda's will. Either way neither are worth having in my opinion.

Oops I'm sorry, you're right, I had those backwards lol but yes, that's not worth having either. Erda Nova also binds, but as an I/L, you're blessed to have Freezing Breath at 4th job, so you don't need to waste one of your node slots with a bind.
    Mawg
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    Oops I'm sorry, you're right, I had those backwards lol but yes, that's not worth having either. Erda Nova also binds, but as an I/L, you're blessed to have Freezing Breath at 4th job, so you don't need to waste one of your node slots with a bind.

Wait. We're both idiots. The weak aoe thing is erda shower, and erda nova is the bind.
    YinYangXMawg
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    V skills:
    (get all 3)
    Thunderbolt
    Ice age*
    Snow spirit*

Also get but later:
    Mana overload
    Ethereal form
    Unreliable memory

Passives: (in order of importance, may or may not be accurate)
    Chain lightning*
    Lightning Orb
    Blizzard
    Frozen Orb
    Elquines
    Thunderstorm
    Other skills shouldn't matter iirc.

Additional V skills:
    This is largely personal preference.
    Recommend Wil's spider skill at 235+
    dHS* always good if you need hs

dCO, dSE, dSI are all great if you don't already have them on equips and/or don't like switching to decent gear.

Additional skills optional if you want them.

You can use 1 special node but they expire every week.

I added a * to the most important ones for grinding. You have to just get what you can until you level and unlock more slots.
    Mawg
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited April 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    V skills:
    (get all 3)
    Thunderbolt
    Ice age*
    Snow spirit*

Also get but later:
    Mana overload
    Ethereal form
    Unreliable memory

Passives: (in order of importance, may or may not be accurate)
    Chain lightning*
    Lightning Orb
    Blizzard
    Frozen Orb
    Elquines
    Thunderstorm
    Other skills shouldn't matter iirc.

Additional V skills:
    This is largely personal preference.
    Recommend Wil's spider skill at 235+
    dHS* always good if you need hs

dCO, dSE, dSI are all great if you don't already have them on equips and/or don't like switching to decent gear.

Additional skills optional if you want them.

You can use 1 special node but they expire every week.

I added a * to the most important ones for grinding. You have to just get what you can until you level and unlock more slots.

I usually just use the direct skills and max those out and then the other ones add in later ;p gl with ur v skill
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019

Wait. We're both idiots. The weak aoe thing is erda shower, and erda nova is the bind.

Erda Shower is actually quite a useful skill. It's an additional AOE attack that has a pretty nice vertical range. I didn't end up using it til 220ish due to node slots being used for other skills, but it is definitely NOT a bad skill.
    FuhreakYinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    Mira wrote: »

Erda Shower is actually quite a useful skill. It's an additional AOE attack that has a pretty nice vertical range. I didn't end up using it til 220ish due to node slots being used for other skills, but it is definitely NOT a bad skill.

I also personally like it since it uses hp instead of mp.
    Mawg
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    I guess it depends on class, mostly. I never saw a use for it on a dual blade, as said dual blade has whatever that one v skill is, blades of destiny or something?
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    I guess it depends on class, mostly. I never saw a use for it on a dual blade, as said dual blade has whatever that one v skill is, blades of destiny or something?

I don't believe it can be used in-air on any class. So it's more useful on teleport based classes imo.
    Alternatively classes that don't have good vertical reach like bowmen.
    YinYangX