[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Equips from Override Fashion Coupons

MayetalaMayetala
Reactions: 1,520
edited April 2019 in General Chat
What's the point?

Why does every single envelope have to give you an equip, taking up a slot in your inventory, constantly filling it up? Do they need to be collected for any reason? Why am I being forced to drop/storage equipment when my inventory fills up in order to get the 14th street coin points to count, while these coupons continue to drop even after the 40 limit?

Why is it like this? Am I missing something?

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited April 2019
    I didn't get any drops past 40....-thinking-
  • MayetalaMayetala
    Reactions: 1,520
    edited April 2019
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I didn't get any drops past 40....-thinking-

"If you have reached your coin capacity for the day, you will no longer obtain 14th Street Coins. However, you can still obtain Maple Anniversary Equipment from collecting Override Fashion Coupons." (patch notes)

Is this not the case? Do they stop dropping? I stopped training yesterday after I got the 40 because I didn't want to continuously fill up my inventory with maple equipment that had no purpose with this event, unless I was missing something.
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Reactions: 2,645
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    It's how the event was designed originally...

Look at this as a benefit as there is a chance you will get some equips you wish to have (including common types).
    The equips from 9th to 11th anniversaries are even more beneficial for characters on certain levels, so you may want to have these equips, especially on mules/old characters.
    Some of the equips can be traded with other characters.

Also, for players who wish to have a complete set of equips and they have to purchase the rest of the desired set at the override (beyond) fashion shop - it's good, too.
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited April 2019
    Mayetala wrote: »
    What's the point?

Why does every single envelope have to give you an equip, taking up a slot in your inventory, constantly filling it up? Do they need to be collected for any reason? Why am I being forced to drop/storage equipment when my inventory fills up in order to get the 14th street coin points to count, while these coupons continue to drop even after the 40 limit?

Why is it like this? Am I missing something?

If u have pet drop exclusion skill, I think u can exclude fashion coupon from pick up list. Ofc if u dont, u r gonna have to pay real money to....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh xD
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited April 2019
    eh. I like it cause I can get good low level wep to work on my legion/link mules.
    Edit: Oh nvmd, I just noticed that you have to have equip slot open to get the coin. It's god awful xP
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    Mayetala wrote: »

"If you have reached your coin capacity for the day, you will no longer obtain 14th Street Coins. However, you can still obtain Maple Anniversary Equipment from collecting Override Fashion Coupons." (patch notes)

Is this not the case? Do they stop dropping? I stopped training yesterday after I got the 40 because I didn't want to continuously fill up my inventory with maple equipment that had no purpose with this event, unless I was missing something.

Reaching max coins =/= having picked up 40 coupons.

Having picked up 40 coupons = at least max coins worth of points.

Each time you pick up a coupon, you should get a message in chat saying xx/40 coupons picked up.'
    You can get max coins without max coupons by getting points from other sources, like the dance minigame, Nova Planetarium, etc. For example, I can max out my coins by playing Reversi and then go and pick up 40 coupons for just the Maple gear but I won't get bonus coins from picking up the coupons after the 200 coin max.
    You probably weren't keeping track of how many coupons you actually picked up.