[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Arcane River acces for Permanent Beginners

SnowySoulSnowySoul
Reactions: 300
There is a reason why perma beginners cant go to arcane river.
And that is because your need 5th job advancement.
Can there please be a way some sort of test or quest so perma beginners can acces Arcane river.
The reason why i ask is because i wanne break the limits of a perma beginner and have fun and train with my friends at the same time.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2019
    The devs never intended for people to stay beginner beyond level 10, let alone to 200+.

I don't care if people want to play perma-beginners, that's their choice and I'll respect that much, but I vehemently disagree with the ones who think the game should be changed so that they can access more of it while remaining a beginner. If you want more access, then job advance. If you don't want to job advance, live with what the game gives you.
    xparasite9Dnaman101
  • SnowySoulSnowySoul
    Reactions: 300
    edited April 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    The devs never intended for people to stay beginner beyond level 10, let alone to 200+.

I don't care if people want to play perma-beginners, that's their choice and I'll respect that much, but I vehemently disagree with the ones who think the game should be changed so that they can access more of it while remaining a beginner. If you want more access, then job advance. If you don't want to job advance, live with what the game gives you.

just a easy change to make the community more happy wouldnt hurt imo.
    the game shouldnt change because i want something but its such a minor thing to you guys and a big thing to us the perma beginners to look forward to something big.
    feels bad that people still look negatively and react that way to game progression and people asking for thing to make the game more fun for a diffrent community than there own.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2019
    An easy change is job advancing too.

Beyond that though, you're far from the first to come and say that perma-beginners deserve full access to the game same as any actual class. There've been people before you who think perma-beginners deserve full access to professions, link skills, and what-have-you. The fact that all of this is still inaccessible to them shows what nexon intends. It's fine that you're playing the game in the way you want to, but you need to accept that this particular method of play comes with some limitations on what you can do and where you can go.
    Beefxparasite9
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited April 2019
    What would you even do with Arcane River content? Assuming the tiny portion of the community that has perma-beginners even gets that far, what can you even do there, AFK? Certainly not bosses.
    xparasite9
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited April 2019
    By being a perma beginner, you agree to challenge yourself to 200/250/275 without skills. Having harder access to boss gear and part of the challenge as well as not being able to access the Arcane River, which is a club for people who made it to 5th job.

The only way I can think about you becoming a perma beginner in Arcane River is to play as any class but don't assign and Skill Points and torture yourself through the prequests.
    xparasite9Dnaman101
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    It makes no story sense to have permanent Beginners in Arcane River.
    Arcane River is for the chosen Adversary. It's for the one who only failed to defeat the Black Mage due to lack of Arcane Force.
    Someone who has forgone any kind of weapon mastery or attack skills, is lacking so much more, that they could never be that Adversary.
    Fuhreakxparasite9
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019

I disagree as there are old weapons and now achievements specific to beginner classes above level 10.
    They have no business going to Arcane River though.
    FuhreakHorsechub
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited April 2019
    can perma beginners even do temple of time? since at one point you need to return to "where it all began" and perma beginners never got started
  • HorsechubHorsechub
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    It's frustrating since all the top 10 beginners had access to the top tier training spots (which were nerfed for arcane river's release) and we're stuck with the nerfed leftovers. I'm level 220 and I get the same amount of % exp an hour that a level 270 jobbed character would be getting with access to Arcane River, yet there are beginners who are higher level than me who were able to level quicker because they did at one point have access to unnerfed SDH.

Edit: for the record, I don't think beginners should have access to the arcane river either but that doesn't mean I dont think it sucks
  • WoooberWooober
    Reactions: 910
    edited June 2019
    Lol, and what do you plan to do at Arcane River as a beginner? You wont have Arcane Force (100 at most from hyper stats) so you can't kill mobs. You can't progress in the story because you'll be too weak to beat the chapter bosses (good luck beating Easy Lucid).

What are you gonna do? Leech to 275? YOU CANT because you wont be strong enough to unlock the later areas. Getting leech at the first area isnt that much better than the maps you already have access to
    Fuhreak
  • MahmuMahmu
    Reactions: 500
    edited January 2021

The devs of this game created an achievement called "Not Beginners Luck" for reaching level 200 without making a job advancement, so your argument is invalid
  • MahmuMahmu
    Reactions: 500
    edited January 2021
    for those who say perma beginners shouldnt go, there are now perm beginners with a range of 10m, so with a party they will be able to hold their own
  • MeatMeat
    Reactions: 715
    edited January 2021
    A large part of being a perma beginner (at least to me) is that you are playing the game in a way that the developers didn't account for. You're playing in a hostile environment; in order to survive and succeed you have to be clever with equips, with how you train and with available features. The limitations that you face are part of the experience.

Such a change wouldn't make the entire community happy, it would ruin the experience for some players (and potentially open the door to a future addition.) If you want the benefits of being a class then perhaps you should advance to 4th job (probably a magician) and wear common equips only.