[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Population issue.

ClikClaCBooMClikClaCBooM
Reactions: 500
edited April 2019 in General Chat
Hello Guys , i am a returning player who hasn't played since 2014. In those days Scania was thriving . Now when i sign on not a soul in sight.
I have done some research to see that everyone moved to Bera... which increased population decline in other servers. When i look on other servers ch list it doesnt peak at max except for Bera CH 1.

Its been 2 years since that merge. I think it would be best to have TWO servers :
Reboot
TreeHouse (Example name) which is the regular server and also include 120 Channels ...

Community is rather low ... Please do Something.

Comments

• PlasmaBeanPlasmaBean
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited May 2019
    Your 'discussion' sounds like a suggestion. Maybe you could post it here: "http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/categories/suggestions-and-feedback"; so that it is treated as a suggestion. Also, if you want to see what the Maple Staff thinks about the matter, see this: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/410088651?t=953s
  • anubis42anubis42
    Reactions: 945
    edited May 2019
    Hello Guys , i am a returning player who hasn't played since 2014. In those days Scania was thriving . Now when i sign on not a soul in sight.
    I have done some research to see that everyone moved to Bera... which increased population decline in other servers. When i look on other servers ch list it doesnt peak at max except for Bera CH 1.

Its been 2 years since that merge. I think it would be best to have TWO servers :
    Reboot
    TreeHouse (Example name) which is the regular server and also include 120 Channels ...

Yes, a lot of people has been asking for exactly this change
    1 Reboot World
    and the 2nd world which is a regular world, would be Bera (example name) and with 30-40 channels.
    We don't really need 120 channels, that's way too much... 40 channels should be enough (especially if you manage to execute and get rid of botters)

In fact, if we'd be able to get rid of 90% of botters in Bera, 40 channels might be too much for everyone (everyone aka Bera, Scania, etc, and everyone else except Reboot)
    What is my evidence to that? because I know the tremendous amount of botters that we have in Bera and other servers, especially Bera.
    Only in Bera, 80% of the population are botters.

This is why in Bera server, channels are sometimes get to hit the peak, and yet, you don't see a single soul in sight, unless you go to training places then you'll see a lot of botters.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited May 2019
    anubis42 wrote: »

Reboot

Yes, a lot of people has been asking for exactly this change
    1 Reboot World
    and the 2nd world which is a regular world, would be Bera (example name) and with 30-40 channels.
    We don't really need 120 channels, that's way too much... 40 channels should be enough (especially if you manage to execute and get rid of botters)

In fact, if we'd be able to get rid of 90% of botters in Bera, 40 channels might be too much for everyone (everyone aka Bera, Scania, etc, and everyone else except Reboot)
    What is my evidence to that? because I know the tremendous amount of botters that we have in Bera and other servers, especially Bera.
    Only in Bera, 80% of the population are botters.

This is why in Bera server, channels are sometimes get to hit the peak, and yet, you don't see a single soul in sight, unless you go to training places then you'll see a lot of botters.

Yeah, it requires a great team to eliminate these type of botters. back in 2012-2014, there were mods who came in the game and ban them manually. I feel with the progression of technology and social media most moderators became lazy or more active on social media due to being able to work and do personal stuff on there. I feel we need to go back to doing things manually.

I suggested in the past to have moderators with screen recorders walk the game and do tours and if they catch a botter record them in the act and then ban them. By doing it this way it prevents false bans and even makes the player fully accountable. Could they take advantage of this? Absolutely but we don't have a better option available.

I feel that getting rid of the botters will help, but banning them for 30 days and then them coming back won't help. I believe if you give some people second chances you should give all.

Fairness is fair and just is just, I feel that being selective is also another issue when dealing with them, like someone you may have known trusted and even thought highly of being one. I feel there need to be new standards with dealing with some of them as well.

Overall we need in-game moderators who are just and can ban botters and people cheating on sight. We need them to have discipline with how they deal with members and to be just and fair.

I feel in the near future we can have that so I hope to see it. But I think in-game mods are the way to go. Also with the information the game designers have, I would think they have a good idea who all the botters and cheaters are in bera, its only a matter of the action.