[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game requires Downloading after working fine

LipyLipy
Reactions: 610
edited May 2019 in Bug Reporting
So, I was just playing MS a few hours ago and decided to log out after a few hours, I open NL and it says DOWNLOAD.
I clicked on download and it started the download again except this time it was 100% before I paused it for a few seconds and it says 0% and stayed that way.
Should I let the download complete? I don't want to download MS again.

Comments

• LipyLipy
    edited May 2019
    Update: After I had closed NL, it opened by itself to and show me the front page of MS saying Update.
    Annnnd this is where I pull the plug. I don't think I'm gonna play MapleStory anymore or atleast not after a very long time.
    I had updated it before 2 or 1 day(s), and I'm not gonna update another 14 GB again when I just did it recently.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2019
    If you think game updates are redownloading the full 14GB game, then you're falling into a very common misconception. There are two lines on the launcher when an update is going, one called "downloaded", the other "installed".

The "downloaded" line is the size of the game update, generally a few hundred MB or so. The "installed" line is the progress of applying the updated files. I believe @AKradian explained it well elsewhere but I'm unsure of where.
    hyaca
  • LipyLipy
    edited May 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    If you think game updates are redownloading the full 14GB game, then you're falling into a very common misconception. There are two lines on the launcher when an update is going, one called "downloaded", the other "installed".

The "downloaded" line is the size of the game update, generally a few hundred MB or so. The "installed" line is the progress of applying the updated files. I believe @AKradian explained it well elsewhere but I'm unsure of where.

However, in the NL, part of the Download isn't a few hundred MB its 14 GB and the one for Installed is 14.4 GB.
    And I stopped the update at 2% before I clicked on the Pause button.
    Doesn't that mean that NL is updating MS once more?