[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.234 Destiny: Homecoming Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I demand my account back right now.

NicholasBNicholasB
Reactions: 1,195
Posts: 79
Member
edited May 2019 in General Chat
Do not block this thread please.

I demand my account back, please.

I will not wait a month or two, let alone a year, this is absolutely ridiculous.

Every day that pass, I'm actually losing mesos (Frenzy Service) and really a LOT of mesos! (let alone all my gear which is facilely over 10k USD, and my precious time, hard work)

It is inconceivable for an innocent person to get banned just like that. it makes no sense.

I invested too much money, above and beyond, on this game for giving up so quickly or for me to wait a month...

It's already been 2 days since I have done Live Chat and sent Nexon a ticket, they told me they're investigating it. but it's already been 2 days since then, also what exactly should be investigated? the occasion is very simple, a person has been banned for no reason, out of nowhere, really what is there to investigate?

I cannot and will not wait any longer, I want answers right now.

Comments

  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited May 2019
    I don't think you quite understood me when I said, in your previous thread, that no one on the forums is able to assist you in any way with your ban. The community manager does not handle ban appeals, they are a forum admin as well as one in the discord server. The forum mods are a step below that, while also being volunteer positions. They moderate the forums and the discord server.

    No one here can help you. Your demands for this and that won't change that.
    AlexUshimatoYinYangXPetalmagicSlicedTimeMiraFuhreak
  • AlexUshimatoAlexUshimato
    Reactions: 770
    Posts: 35
    Member
    edited May 2019
    As you got told in your last LOCKED thread, there’s NOTHING that can be done here in the forum. Assuming you are being truthful, and that you are absolutely 100% innocent and were falsely banned, it’s unfortunate, but all you can do is wait for your support ticket to be responded to for your ban to be appealed. Actively posting and DEMANDING your account be unbanned does nothing but give the forum mods and volunteers unnecessary work locking your threads and (probably) banning your account here if you keep it up.

    Don’t spam the forums with these posts. Just chill, submit your ticket, and wait. It sucks. I KNOW it sucks, but that’s your answer.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    Posts: 342
    Member
    edited May 2019
    NicholasB wrote: »
    Do not block this thread please.

    I demand my account back, please.

    I will not wait a month or two, let alone a year, this is absolutely ridiculous.

    Every day that pass, I'm actually losing mesos (Frenzy Service) and really a LOT of mesos! (let alone all my gear which is facilely over 10k USD, and my precious time, hard work)

    It is inconceivable for an innocent person to get banned just like that. it makes no sense.

    I invested too much money, above and beyond, on this game for giving up so quickly or for me to wait a month...

    It's already been 2 days since I have done Live Chat and sent Nexon a ticket, they told me they're investigating it. but it's already been 2 days since then, also what exactly should be investigated? the occasion is very simple, a person has been banned for no reason, out of nowhere, really what is there to investigate?

    I cannot and will not wait any longer, I want answers right now.

    Sorry but, people on this forum doesn't have any answers related to your account ban, let alone be able to do anything about your account. It sucks but you can only get this done through tickets.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,865
    Posts: 6,270
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    NicholasB wrote: »
    what exactly should be investigated? the occasion is very simple, a person has been banned for no reason, out of nowhere, really what is there to investigate?

    Accounts don't get banned "out of nowhere".
    They get banned because the game's security software, or a live GM, noticed them doing something that looked like hacking (or another form of ToS-breaking. When you try to log in you should see what exactly they think you did, in a blue notice window).
    When a ban is appealed, an investigation checks what it is that was detected, and then checks the game logs in order to try to ascertain what the character really was doing at the time - breaking the ToS or doing something else that got misinterpreted.
    Nexon can't unban people simply because they insist they're legit. Cheaters do it, too, and just as adamantly as you do. A thorough investigation has to be done into each appeal. And that takes time.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited May 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    NicholasB wrote: »
    what exactly should be investigated? the occasion is very simple, a person has been banned for no reason, out of nowhere, really what is there to investigate?

    Accounts don't get banned "out of nowhere".
    They get banned because the game's security software, or a live GM, noticed them doing something that looked like hacking (or another form of ToS-breaking. When you try to log in you should see what exactly they think you did, in a blue notice window).
    When a ban is appealed, an investigation checks what it is that was detected, and then checks the game logs in order to try to ascertain what the character really was doing at the time - breaking the ToS or doing something else that got misinterpreted.
    Nexon can't unban people simply because they insist they're legit. Cheaters do it, too, and just as adamantly as you do. A thorough investigation has to be done into each appeal. And that takes time.

    He posted this in his previous thread. It doesn't really say much.
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 1,860
    Posts: 199
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    That Reddit post is the first thing I think of now when banned for no reason threads pop up
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    Posts: 79
    Member
    edited May 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    NicholasB wrote: »
    what exactly should be investigated? the occasion is very simple, a person has been banned for no reason, out of nowhere, really what is there to investigate?

    Accounts don't get banned "out of nowhere".
    They get banned because the game's security software, or a live GM, noticed them doing something that looked like hacking (or another form of ToS-breaking. When you try to log in you should see what exactly they think you did, in a blue notice window).
    When a ban is appealed, an investigation checks what it is that was detected, and then checks the game logs in order to try to ascertain what the character really was doing at the time - breaking the ToS or doing something else that got misinterpreted.
    Nexon can't unban people simply because they insist they're legit. Cheaters do it, too, and just as adamantly as you do. A thorough investigation has to be done into each appeal. And that takes time.

    So basically, you're saying that if I wasn't hacking at all, and I am 100% legit, they'll unban my account?

    Yes or no?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited May 2019
    NicholasB wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    NicholasB wrote: »
    what exactly should be investigated? the occasion is very simple, a person has been banned for no reason, out of nowhere, really what is there to investigate?

    Accounts don't get banned "out of nowhere".
    They get banned because the game's security software, or a live GM, noticed them doing something that looked like hacking (or another form of ToS-breaking. When you try to log in you should see what exactly they think you did, in a blue notice window).
    When a ban is appealed, an investigation checks what it is that was detected, and then checks the game logs in order to try to ascertain what the character really was doing at the time - breaking the ToS or doing something else that got misinterpreted.
    Nexon can't unban people simply because they insist they're legit. Cheaters do it, too, and just as adamantly as you do. A thorough investigation has to be done into each appeal. And that takes time.

    So basically, you're saying that if I wasn't hacking at all, and I am 100% legit, they'll unban my account?

    Yes or no?

    If that's the determination that's reached, yes. Until then, all you can do is wait.

    Keep in mind that AK is a volunteer forum mod, says as much right under their name, avatar and post count and such on their posts. They have no sway with the process.
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    Posts: 79
    Member
    edited May 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    NicholasB wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    NicholasB wrote: »
    what exactly should be investigated? the occasion is very simple, a person has been banned for no reason, out of nowhere, really what is there to investigate?

    Accounts don't get banned "out of nowhere".
    They get banned because the game's security software, or a live GM, noticed them doing something that looked like hacking (or another form of ToS-breaking. When you try to log in you should see what exactly they think you did, in a blue notice window).
    When a ban is appealed, an investigation checks what it is that was detected, and then checks the game logs in order to try to ascertain what the character really was doing at the time - breaking the ToS or doing something else that got misinterpreted.
    Nexon can't unban people simply because they insist they're legit. Cheaters do it, too, and just as adamantly as you do. A thorough investigation has to be done into each appeal. And that takes time.

    So basically, you're saying that if I wasn't hacking at all, and I am 100% legit, they'll unban my account?

    Yes or no?

    If that's the determination that's reached, yes. Until then, all you can do is wait.

    Keep in mind that AK is a volunteer forum mod, says as much right under their name, avatar and post count and such on their posts. They have no sway with the process.

    I'm sitting here and wondering how you'd react and do if you were in my shoes.
    I doubt you'd be all carefree and accept reality as it is just like that and waiting for the unknown.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited May 2019
    NicholasB wrote: »
    I'm sitting here and wondering how you'd react and do if you were in my shoes.
    I doubt you'd be all carefree and accept reality as it is just like that and waiting for the unknown.

    I have not once told you to just "accept reality as it is". I've told you, for what is about to be the third time, that no one on the forums can do a single thing to aid you in getting your account unbanned any faster. Making posts about it on the forums is just going to get you told to contact support, submit a ticket and see what they say, as well as your thread locked because "don't post about ban appeals on the forums".

    Would you like me to dig up the last guy who wound up getting erroneously banned, told to contact support, and within 24 hours had gone absolutely nuclear about it? He made so many posts about it on the subreddit that they even banned him for a week just so he'd stop carrying on about it. I don't recall if he wound up being innocent/unbanned or not, but after not even a day past his initial post about it, he flipped an almighty cow and went full scorched-earth on just about everything. Making it funnier, to me, is that his initial post was made at about 6 or 7 PM PST, which is about the time that everyone at nexon's office heads home for the night, not only that but it happened on a Friday, when most of the day-to-day office staff are gone until Monday.

    The simple fact of the matter is that there is nothing you, nor anyone on these forums, can do to expedite the process. Sitting there acting all indignant and how dare they about it isn't going to make it go faster. I understand that you're upset, what you need to understand is that if you've already contacted support there's nothing left for you to do but exercise a measure of patience.

    And honestly? If I got banned? I'd be annoyed, yeah. But only as annoyed as someone who hasn't logged in for like three or four months can be.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 6,920
    Posts: 997
    Member
    edited May 2019
    NicholasB wrote: »
    Do not block this thread please.

    I demand my account back, please.

    I will not wait a month or two, let alone a year, this is absolutely ridiculous.

    Every day that pass, I'm actually losing mesos (Frenzy Service) and really a LOT of mesos! (let alone all my gear which is facilely over 10k USD, and my precious time, hard work)

    It is inconceivable for an innocent person to get banned just like that. it makes no sense.

    I invested too much money, above and beyond, on this game for giving up so quickly or for me to wait a month...

    It's already been 2 days since I have done Live Chat and sent Nexon a ticket, they told me they're investigating it. but it's already been 2 days since then, also what exactly should be investigated? the occasion is very simple, a person has been banned for no reason, out of nowhere, really what is there to investigate?

    I cannot and will not wait any longer, I want answers right now.

    There are other people who got banned. It is not just you. Wait for your ticket to be answered like everyone else.
    SlicedTimeYinYangX
  • IcydropIcydrop
    Reactions: 655
    Posts: 62
    Member
    edited May 2019
    Patience my friend, they are looking into it.
  • DuskGuardDuskGuard
    Reactions: 470
    Posts: 26
    Member
    edited May 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I don't think you quite understood me when I said, in your previous thread, that no one on the forums is able to assist you in any way with your ban. The community manager does not handle ban appeals, they are a forum admin as well as one in the discord server. The forum mods are a step below that, while also being volunteer positions. They moderate the forums and the discord server.

    No one here can help you. Your demands for this and that won't change that.

    LOL, sad but true.
    NicholasB wrote: »
    Do not block this thread please.

    I demand my account back, please.

    I will not wait a month or two, let alone a year, this is absolutely ridiculous.

    Every day that pass, I'm actually losing mesos (Frenzy Service) and really a LOT of mesos! (let alone all my gear which is facilely over 10k USD, and my precious time, hard work)

    It is inconceivable for an innocent person to get banned just like that. it makes no sense.

    I invested too much money, above and beyond, on this game for giving up so quickly or for me to wait a month...

    It's already been 2 days since I have done Live Chat and sent Nexon a ticket, they told me they're investigating it. but it's already been 2 days since then, also what exactly should be investigated? the occasion is very simple, a person has been banned for no reason, out of nowhere, really what is there to investigate?

    I cannot and will not wait any longer, I want answers right now.

    Good luck, you'll learn patience from this experience as from what I've seen, it can take a LOT longer than 2 days.
    You're probably looking at 2 months at the least.