[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game Launcher disappears after it's reveal

XatraXatra
Reactions: 805
edited May 2019 in Tech Support
So I run Maplestory from Steam, I never had problems until now, for some reason whenn I press "launch" through steam or through Nexon launcher it just shows me the screen that tells me that "the game is being launched" and it does absolutely nothing.

I even tried pressing "Click here if the game does not launch" and still, the window just disappeared for no reason.
My firewall is not blocking it either.. I tried turning my firewall off, and that didn't work aswell.

Even my friend who's *new* to this game cannot launch it through steam, what's going on? (But my other friend can play with no problems, *sigh*)

Comments

• Bwm99999Bwm99999
    Reactions: 200
    edited May 2019
    I have the same problem too, I cant open it neither.
  • Bwm99999Bwm99999
    Reactions: 200
    edited May 2019
    Xatra wrote: »
    So I run Maplestory from Steam, I never had problems until now, for some reason whenn I press "launch" through steam or through Nexon launcher it just shows me the screen that tells me that "the game is being launched" and it does absolutely nothing.

I even tried pressing "Click here if the game does not launch" and still, the window just disappeared for no reason.
    My firewall is not blocking it either.. I tried turning my firewall off, and that didn't work aswell.

Even my friend who's *new* to this game cannot launch it through steam, what's going on? (But my other friend can play with no problems, *sigh*)

i just fixed that by reinstall the nexon launcher, u should try it.
  • XatraXatra
    edited May 2019
    Bwm99999 wrote: »

i just fixed that by reinstall the nexon launcher, u should try it.

Do you use steam to launch the game?
  • XatraXatra
    edited May 2019
    Anyone?
    I still can't play...
    I tried re-installing the game,
    veryifying the game files
    reinstalling nexon launcher even though I use steam to play it... my friends are having this problem too and we want to play the game again...
    just 2 weeks ago I played the game and it was all fine..
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited May 2019
    Anyone?
    I still can't play...
    reinstalling nexon launcher even though I use steam to play it... my friends are having this problem too and we want to play the game again...

When you launch do you see the Nexon Game Security pop up?
    Xatra
  • XatraXatra
    edited May 2019
    Invulgo wrote: »
    Anyone?
    I still can't play...

When you launch do you see the Nexon Game Security pop up?

No... This one pops up before though and then disappears! It's really odd...
    https://i.gyazo.com/b60e04c88419ca053da0c2d98e80feb1.png
  • XatraXatra
    edited June 2019
    It's working in Nexon Launcher
    But through steam it doesn't work!

I insist on playing it through Steam! I need anyone's help to figure out the cause;
    The Nexon Game Security doesn't pop through steam, but DOES through Nexon launcher. Why?!
  • iScyeniScyen
    Hi,

hope you will unterstand my english:D. I have the same problem. After i press play at the Nexon Game Launcher the maplestory.exe was started. Then i see the nexon Game Security and the maplestory.exe closed. Anyone have an idea how i fix this problem?

MySystem:
    -Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
    -AMD Ryzen 5 2600
    -16GB RAM
    -NVidia MSI GTX 760

Best Regards.