[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Did Nexon implement anti macro system?

OnOOnO
Reactions: 400
edited May 2019 in General Chat
Title: Did Nexon implement anti macro system?
Stuff: Hello maplers, to start off I would like to first point out generally what types of macro I am talking about. This does NOT include AutoHotKey as it is more of a flat software level approach. The ones I am talking about are hardware brand associated softwares like Logitech Gaming Software, Corsair Utility Engine, Razer Synapse, Steelseries config, etc. I am currently using Logitech Gaming Software to create macros for ingame utilities like rapid potting to allow myself not give up my arrow keys (all of my potions are on insert, home, pg up/down, you get the idea).

Now here is the main issue I am seeking an answer to: Has Nexon decided to implement a system in which it will automatically detect inhumane inputs and disconnect the player back to the server selection menu with the “Unable to connect to the game server” error? With the few latest patches, it has come to my attention that such is the case (as I’ve been using the same macros for the last 4~5 years without consequences, unbeknownst as to when Nexon actually made this. Is this also a confession to get myself banned? Only an insider can answer this question and not the copy posting tickets.) My understanding of this is from weeks of testing (and after about 50~ disconnects lmao), constant changes and switches of my pot macros. With an inhumane input, the game will detect it and just boot you off to the server menu.

So, people out there with similar macro softwares, set something to high frequencies to about 30~ millisecond (delays or not, it will detect it for me). I want to know whether or not it is just me tripping after exams or Nexon input one of the more useless sytems (you can ask if you want, but this will just become a rant and I am only here to seek possible answers.

Comments

• PawblePawble
    Reactions: 405
    edited May 2019
    I use one for flash jumping because of input lag. I have yet to be disconnected for it and it hits my jump key 5x a second, though I don't use it all the time. The worst I experience is severe lag and freezing when testing the rope jump with Mercedes.
  • AlexUshimatoAlexUshimato
    Reactions: 770
    edited May 2019
    Going off of the ToS for Maplestory...
    Engage in using macros (i.e., "macroing"), auto-looting or robot play (i.e., "booting") or any other behavior that allows you (or any character you are controlling) to automatically function or effect any action in a game with or without your presence;

I can’t say for certain but the fact that it’s basically performing a function automatically by pressing one button, it’s probably better safe than sorry to assume that it’s against the rules. I wouldn’t try your luck if you’ve been disconnecting, cause it might end up in a ban.
  • PawblePawble
    edited May 2019
    Going off of the ToS for Maplestory...
    Engage in using macros (i.e., "macroing"), auto-looting or robot play (i.e., "booting") or any other behavior that allows you (or any character you are controlling) to automatically function or effect any action in a game with or without your presence;

I can’t say for certain but the fact that it’s basically performing a function automatically by pressing one button, it’s probably better safe than sorry to assume that it’s against the rules. I wouldn’t try your luck if you’ve been disconnecting, cause it might end up in a ban.

Considering it can only be done by my manual input (meaning I have to press and hold the key down), I'm not too sure how far in or out of that specific ToS I am. But If I'm directly told to stop using it, I will oblige.
    edited May 2019
    I would take the “With or without your presence” to mean that even if you’re holding down a button that they could still nail you for it. Nexon doesn’t really do “warnings”. Assuming it is against the rules, and you get caught they’ll just nail your account.
  • PawblePawble
    edited May 2019
    I'm well aware of how Nexon works. I worded my last post poorly, but knowing there are people who do way worse than macro the jump button and have been getting away with it for years now, I don't see any signs of stopping until people do get "nailed."

Edit: Maybe this is where some of these "banned for no reason" reports are coming from.
    edited May 2019
    I mean, people get banned for simply using the “Suicide Kanna” meso farming strat in Reboot, so people actually get banned for less than using things like the turbo function on their mouse. Can’t tell you what to do, I’m not your dad, just saying be careful. If I were you, I’d say better safe than sorry.
  • PawblePawble
    edited May 2019
    I appreciate your concern. Genuinely.

Regarding the thread topic, I feel like the disconnects could be from something else, I get them from time to time for different reasons.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2019
    you cant use any type of macro in game that isnt part of the skill tab. using third party macro software or the ones that come with gaming mouse/keyboard are also not allowed
  • OnOOnO
    Reactions: 400
    edited May 2019
    Pawble wrote: »
    I appreciate your concern. Genuinely.

Regarding the thread topic, I feel like the disconnects could be from something else, I get them from time to time for different reasons.

Disregarding the rest of this thread, what brand do you use? I use Logitech and I keep getting disconnected and 5x a second is way higher frequency than I use and I get disconnected for it. I am wondering if Nexon only set their foot on a specific brand lol
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2019
    like i said even the ones that come in gaming equipment arent allowed

V. CODE OF CONDUCT

Using any hacks, cracks, bots, or third-party software that may modify, temporarily or permanently, the code or the user experience of the Services, whether locally on your device or on servers, or using any application, software or technology that is not expressly authorized by us that enables cheating, power-leveling, or accomplishing game tasks that cannot be accomplished without the use of such an application, software or technology.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited May 2019
    you try to find loophole, way to macro while nexon trys to combat patch-break all normal things
    thats the reason even legit people dc or in worse case get false ban

for maplers that got razer system or one of those "special" keyboards that comes with own software avoid use special keys, or run the software while maple
    something is made for good use but not all use for good... so rip all

i dont know why your thread its not locked/censored from the start...

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    like i said even the ones that come in gaming equipment arent allowed

V. CODE OF CONDUCT

Using any hacks, cracks, bots, or third-party software that may modify, temporarily or permanently, the code or the user experience of the Services, whether locally on your device or on servers, or using any application, software or technology that is not expressly authorized by us that enables cheating, power-leveling, or accomplishing game tasks that cannot be accomplished without the use of such an application, software or technology.

This technically applies to software for controllers too, but Nexon doesn't seem to care too much about people who aren't using macros.
    Remapping keys (not creating macros, just remaps) seems to be okay, never had any issue with it.
    Now if Nexon just wants to remove their crappy controller support...

Also under that same section, Nexon doesn't need any reasons to ban you. All you can do is give them as few as possible.
    WE MAY WITHHOLD, SUSPEND, MODIFY, OR TERMINATE YOUR ACCESS TO THE SERVICES FOR ANY OR NO REASON AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
    OnO