[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Alternative to SY/DWT dailies/droplet farming

BeefBeef
Reactions: 2,560
edited May 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
yJgeG3V.png

There should be an alternative which you can trade the boss cores/stones/droplet to normal droplets. It would incentivize more players to run the bosses because some people stop after getting X drop. It would also bring competition to botters' droplet as there would be more in the market. Also instead of "Why can't we have droplet dailies" which would sent tons of droplets into the market, the bossing weekly limit would be a natural floodgate to stop dumping in tons of droplet.
pimboy12PetalmagicMorningAfterSeven

Comments

• pimboy12pimboy12
    Reactions: 560
    edited May 2019
    Actually a decent idea that could partially fix the issue I proposed in my recent post.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2019
    I still wish we would get a droplet daily, but this isn't a terrible idea.
  • BeefBeef
    edited May 2019
    Petalmagic wrote: »

Droplet daily can be abuse, which is why I don't want it. I rather have it locked behind the bosses because hackers can just run droplet daily scripts and that just ruins the prices of something that's meant to be end game especially when u know people can make a large bot farm for it.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited May 2019
    Beef wrote: »

Droplet daily can be abuse, which is why I don't want it. I rather have it locked behind the bosses because hackers can just run droplet daily scripts and that just ruins the prices of something that's meant to be end game especially when u know people can make a large bot farm for it.

Conversely, hackers can run bosses and probably carry many alt bots with them for the same thing though.
  • BeefBeef
    edited May 2019

Conversely, hackers can run bosses and probably carry many alt bots with them for the same thing though.

yes but remember the boss clear is once a week vs a droplet daily

aiming for a less abusable method as possible, even tho its faster for hackers to just farm mobs for droplets
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited May 2019
    well after watching the amount of droplets/cores/stigmas, only A cores seem to have some decent ratio for S cores and abso items are quite common atm (still quite useless without high starforce/cubing which really isn't hackers business since it's slow). stigmas are only used on abso shoulders and that's maby why ppl don't do ndamien every week even if they could solo, atleast i don't need 150+ shoulders which i could create atm since those aren't very profitable anyways.
    Droplets are the problem since after the droprate was nerffed and hackers were banned there just isn't enough droplets for lucid/will droplets so the prices are ridiculously high. If it was like 5 droplets/coin and dailies for droplets which you could unlock after reaching 240 or something like that, hackers wouldn't really be that much problem and umbras would be on reach for more people.
    And since umbras are coming to marvel anyways why not make them easier to get ingame also. I thought someone would have already learned from mistakes (timeless,empress,tyrants,cra,fafnir,absos) past 10 years.
  • ShippouShippou
    Reactions: 1,570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019

Stop punishing/ruining things for normal players to combat botters.
    There should be droplet dailies/weeklies so that normal players can work towards getting gear.
    If botters start abusing those, then deal with the botters.
    ShadEightPetalmagic
  • BeefBeef
    edited May 2019
    LittleTLK wrote: »

There should be droplet dailies/weeklies so that normal players can work towards getting gear.

I rather have it gated behind the boss, its to make people form more Lucid/Will groups and encourages full party and its to not let the prices of droplets runaway and crash because you still want to limit the amount of them. It's end game equip, treat it as such, or else people will just skip Absolab
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited May 2019
    yJgeG3V.png

There should be an alternative which you can trade the boss cores/stones/droplet to normal droplets. It would incentivize more players to run the bosses because some people stop after getting X drop. It would also bring competition to botters' droplet as there would be more in the market. Also instead of "Why can't we have droplet dailies" which would sent tons of droplets into the market, the bossing weekly limit would be a natural floodgate to stop dumping in tons of droplet.

I'm sorry but this doesn't make sense. Botters can simply run multiple bosses with ease and hyperinflate the economy anyway. Having it gated behind bosses is a gift to them and does nothing for the majority of people still waiting for an item that is over 2 years old, was just put into marvel and is starting to get supplanted by newer equipment (genesis). Please just stop with this gating mentally, I've heard the same argument many items over the years by people who wish to keep their end game prestige for just a little longer and its getting tiring tbh.
    Petalmagic
  • BeefBeef
    edited May 2019
    ShadEight wrote: »
    yJgeG3V.png

I'm sorry but this doesn't make sense. Botters can simply run multiple bosses with ease and hyperinflate the economy anyway. Having it gated behind bosses is a gift to them and does nothing for the majority of people still waiting for an item that is over 2 years old, was just put into marvel and is starting to get supplanted by newer equipment (genesis). Please just stop with this gating mentally, I've heard the same argument many items over the years by people who wish to keep their end game prestige for just a little longer and its getting tiring tbh.

The boss has a timer and nexon can just check how fast the boss get clear. Its more controllable to vet players from hackers. Most hackers probably running hard version of the bosses and you can obviously tell who's hacking vs who's not
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited May 2019
    yJgeG3V.png

The boss has a timer and nexon can just check how fast the boss get clear. Its more controllable to vet players from hackers. Most hackers probably running hard version of the bosses and you can obviously tell who's hacking vs who's not

Unfortunately a regular players run time can also...be the same? I know people who can solo Damien pretty fast (I'm somewhere at 5-10 minutes, myself for Normal Damien). Most of us however end up suffering like Shad said, cuz not everyone has access to the bosses, whether carry or DPS. I'm pretty sure hacker carries happen behind closed doors for hard bosses anyways. Sorry, you are worsening your argument, at least for me. I'll just wait till a droplet daily tbh.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2019
    LittleTLK wrote: »

You talk like they don't ban literally thousands of accounts every week for botting.
    Beef
  • BeefBeef
    edited May 2019
    yJgeG3V.png

Unfortunately a regular players run time can also...be the same? I know people who can solo Damien pretty fast (I'm somewhere at 5-10 minutes, myself for Normal Damien). Most of us however end up suffering like Shad said, cuz not everyone has access to the bosses, whether carry or DPS. I'm pretty sure hacker carries happen behind closed doors for hard bosses anyways. Sorry, you are worsening your argument, at least for me. I'll just wait till a droplet daily tbh.

theres a huge difference between legit players soloing normal at 5min vs dlcbladers that can clear hard within minute. As for the carries/dps if you reach Lach+, you are dedicated enough to reach atleast damien/lotus contribution stats.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    yJgeG3V.png

Acquiring boss equipment just by (repeatedly) defeating the boss is how we get equipment from older/lesser bosses, from Zakum to CRA.
    Nexon intentionally introduced the combined-coin mechanism with the newer bosses, because the designers wanted to require both bossing (funding and skill) and farming/questing (patience and diligence). Your suggestion is, in essence, "Revert that design." I don't think they'd do it. The system already allows bossers to gain the equipment without farming (as a direct drop from the boss, or by buying the farmed items from others - note that the boss items can't be bought), there is no need to make it even more biased in that direction.
    Petalmagic
  • BeefBeef
    edited May 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    yJgeG3V.png

Acquiring boss equipment just by (repeatedly) defeating the boss is how we get equipment from older/lesser bosses, from Zakum to CRA.
    Nexon intentionally introduced the combined-coin mechanism with the newer bosses, because the designers wanted to require both bossing (funding and skill) and farming/questing (patience and diligence). Your suggestion is, in essence, "Revert that design." I don't think they'd do it. The system already allows bossers to gain the equipment without farming (as a direct drop from the boss, or by buying the farmed items from others - note that the boss items can't be bought), there is no need to make it even more biased in that direction.

You will still be farming, this is just to speed it up slightly. Farming droplets will not go away and bossing will not go away. Remember the boss is weekly, the chance of getting any pieces is rare enough. You will get a max of 3 boss droplets with drop rates. It doesn't replace the coin combo trade, only thing that change is you can trade boss for regular droplet, not at the ratio which you buy the coins but less than that due to how you can just run weekly for 20-30 droplet. The rate is open for suggestion.