[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

My suggestions to improve the game

LancerZeroLancerZero
Reactions: 340
I made a list of suggestions hopefully the developers or whoever can see and implement.

1. Allow trading between characters in your account on Reboot. There is really no reason for this not to be a thing, you should be able to trade equipment you earned between your account character. It is really not fair that Nexon put this limitation in the first place and it makes no sense.

2. Bring Zero to Reboot. This needs to happen very soon, they could easily balance this class for Reboot and it should be a top priority. Zero is fun to play as and a unique class.

3. Bring the KMS/MapleSEA cash shop design. I can't believe GMS uses the same CS design since 2006! It needs the updated interface badly.

4. Bring the KMS style of NX. No more surprise style boxes, but sell us the sets like in KMS. Yes this means Master Label items in normal servers, and for Reboot they would be sold as a package and have no P2W perks. We also should get the rotating selective choice haircut and faces they have (they use old royals you can pick like VIP)

5. Get rid of the Kanna farming meta on Reboot I know this is going to be addressed soon but I think a better solution would be to add a Frenzy totem as a boss drop from Lucid or other endgame bosses.

6. Bring back Crimsonwood Keep PQ This should be updated with new rewards, this would be a great place to give us the Gachapon rewards from normal servers. So in addition to the Smiley Mask and Spectrum Goggles add in: Dragon Khanjar, Rat Mouth, Tree Branch Nose, Work Gloves etc

7. Bring back the Lord of Darkness and Wonderoid events asap. Also make a permanent heart always obtainable in Reboot even if not BiS.

8. Add a permanent hyper teleport rock and pendant coupon to reboot. Sell it for like 30 billion mesos.

9. Add Frenzy Totem, Battleroid, Outlaw Heart and Terminus weapons to Reboot via boss drops

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    You should give up on 1, 5, 8 and 9. Why? Because reboot is built on the concept of continuous f2p farming for individual progress. There is no need to offer permanent BiS/convenience items when it's so easy to keep obtaining the temporary ones with the soon-to-be 6x meso rate.
    Reboot already has higher meso, drop and exp rates. No need to allow transferring OP items around to make training easier than intended in Reboot with its level penalty and increased HP.
    Reboot already has access to buff freezers. No need to offer battle-roids.
    Reboot already has access to pendant extensions. No need to offer permanent ones.
    Reboot already has access to kanna and soon the new kishin item. No need to offer Frenzy.
    I'm surprised you didn't want Firestarter ring and Lucid earrings too.

These items are mainly "pay for convenience/pay to win" items for regular servers, offered to give an incentive to gamble for them. Not everyone has them, some are extremely rare. They are not readily available in the Cash Shop like other things that are also offered for free in Reboot. It's a want, not a need.
    Reboot is focused on necessity. Which is why cosmetics are still NX based. The things you need you can get for free in one form or another if you keep farming for it, which is what Reboot is. Farm until you die, you're never done. The Reboot motto.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2019
    So your idea of "improving the game" is to basically take reboot and remove all of the things that make it fundamentally different from regular servers? Should they introduce scrolls and bonus potential and an auction house as well?

You can always spot the people who weren't around when reboot was released because they always post suggestions in one form or another asking for something to be changed or added to reboot that was intentionally left out as a part of the overall concept of the server.

While I see no problem with zero being introduced to reboot, I have to argue your opinion that it's a top priority. Right now, their top priority is whatever is coming in the adventure update that's due within the next month or so. After that, it's fixing any severe bugs that might crop up afterward.
    PetalmagicFuhreak
  • ShadowJoshXDShadowJoshXD
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited May 2019
    LancerZero wrote: »
    I made a list of suggestions hopefully the developers or whoever can see and implement.

1. Allow trading between characters in your account on Reboot. There is really no reason for this not to be a thing, you should be able to trade equipment you earned between your account character. It is really not fair that Nexon put this limitation in the first place and it makes no sense.

2. Bring Zero to Reboot. This needs to happen very soon, they could easily balance this class for Reboot and it should be a top priority. Zero is fun to play as and a unique class.

3. Bring the KMS/MapleSEA cash shop design. I can't believe GMS uses the same CS design since 2006! It needs the updated interface badly.

4. Bring the KMS style of NX. No more surprise style boxes, but sell us the sets like in KMS. Yes this means Master Label items in normal servers, and for Reboot they would be sold as a package and have no P2W perks. We also should get the rotating selective choice haircut and faces they have (they use old royals you can pick like VIP)

5. Get rid of the Kanna farming meta on Reboot I know this is going to be addressed soon but I think a better solution would be to add a Frenzy totem as a boss drop from Lucid or other endgame bosses.

6. Bring back Crimsonwood Keep PQ This should be updated with new rewards, this would be a great place to give us the Gachapon rewards from normal servers. So in addition to the Smiley Mask and Spectrum Goggles add in: Dragon Khanjar, Rat Mouth, Tree Branch Nose, Work Gloves etc

7. Bring back the Lord of Darkness and Wonderoid events asap. Also make a permanent heart always obtainable in Reboot even if not BiS.

8. Add a permanent hyper teleport rock and pendant coupon to reboot. Sell it for like 30 billion mesos.

9. Add Frenzy Totem, Battleroid, Outlaw Heart and Terminus weapons to Reboot via boss drops

1. I do not think that will happen, The Point of the No Trading Equipment to other players is for the point of Self Progression. If they do this i bet Alot of high level Bossers would be Trading their Gear to other players and it would be a Bad Sign towards the newer players in Reboot. Elitism would be Rampant and it could mean the lower players would be left in the dust. You can get Carried For CRA, Hmag, Hellux Ect. Heck Even there is a Discord for people Trading Carries. Streamers will sometimes Carry people to help people out. Even the Guilds will help you out.

2.I would be interested to See Zero in Reboot. But I can understand why it not possible. If i'm guessing what will happen is Everyone i mean Everyone would main Zero and it would be unfair to several people. Plus I think in a market Standpoint, having a non Reboot Exclusive Character will be a good thing cause it would let other people enjoy the Different meta. So i think it will be a 0% chance of it happening in Reboot.

3. Could happen if players support it.

4. I would think this could be good cause RNG Sucks especially if your using Real money.

5.They are doing Balance with kishing and Totem Frenzy.. Probally not.. I think if we have Frenzy totem it would be a mess and Everyone would not be able to find a map to do Grinding.

6. Yeah but idk what will happen... it may end up being abandoned.

7. We A ready had Dark Lords last February so im Guessing probally next year. Wonderoid I'm Hoping will come back. Perm hearts will be kinda good in Reboot.

8. Probably have a year long Hyper for NX.. I mean that would be a little more balance. But Perm for 30b could be pushing it. Only like i think the Elite Players will buy it.

9. Nah Like i Sayed it will make Reboot Broken AF and hard to Grind. I think having Exclusive Weaps and Equips in non Reboot will Benefit the moment. People on Reboot mainly use like CRA Gear or a mix with the CRA Armor ( Hat, Top Bottom) with the Absolab or the high end bossing The lvl 200 Gear (Weap, Shoulder, Glove, Boot, Cape) With some people using alts like the SW Weapons ( which is now Easier to obtain if you do like CPQ)

edited May 2019
    " wrote:
    The things you need you can get for free in one form or another if you keep farming for it, which is what Reboot is. Farm until you die, you're never done. The Reboot motto.

True on That! That why I play on Reboot.
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    So your idea of "improving the game" is to basically take reboot and remove all of the things that make it fundamentally different from regular servers? Should they introduce scrolls and bonus potential and an auction house as well?

You can always spot the people who weren't around when reboot was released because they always post suggestions in one form or another asking for something to be changed or added to reboot that was intentionally left out as a part of the overall concept of the server.

While I see no problem with zero being introduced to reboot, I have to argue your opinion that it's a top priority. Right now, their top priority is whatever is coming in the adventure update that's due within the next month or so. After that, it's fixing any severe bugs that might crop up afterward.

Yeah I would Say NO to Scrolling and Bonus Potential in Reboot. Plus This is basically one of these post.. I been around in reboot like before Kinesis came out. So yeah I like the Work for the game.

This made me enjoy what Reboot is a Work hard for everything and Progress.

I sayed in my post about my thoughts about Zero in reboot. Chances are Very Very Slim it will happen. Unless KMS Does it First chances are we not getting it.

PS Please Combine this with the one I made on Top Please, I'm kinda a Goof in the Fourms
    edited May 2019
    Delete this miskae post Please
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    Reverting Jett's flash jump should be a top priority.

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2019

1. Storage trading is one of the few I support, but it is more wishful thinking than anything. My Idea is a ONE TIME use type of trade, you put an item in, whoever takes it...it belongs to forever. One time only for things like event secondaries (look at the recent Override event coupons) and drops from Maplehood Watch such as weapons. Unfortunately I don't think even this would happen.
    2. Yes. PLEASE. I have made threads on this topic multiple times. Zero cubing rates can be raised/locked/excluded, the weapon scrolling simply disabled or make it into a growth weapon similar to Timeless/Fearless equips to "make up" for scrolling stats to enhance the weapon.
    3. Supposedly we are getting some sort of CS update coming up, maybe we will get that, but I don't know.
    4. No Master Label please, but I would like actual Cash sets and not Surprise boxes. A recent bill has turned up in the US that may make this a higher priority than it currently is, but we won't know till it actually...is a law.
    5. It won't happen. Kanna is just good at farming, and it would just turn into Lumi farming or Mech farming afterwards. You just trade one for another class.
    6. I have written a bit about this, I think it could also have potential to allow replacement Gollux drops (Rings and Earrings) as rewards, alongside other possible things such as nodestones, Flames, and other decently sought-after equipment with no replacements.
    7. Wondroid is supposedly a high priority. We just got Dark totem event in February so unfortunately it will be a while.
    8. GLWT...it also won't happen, most likely. If it did happen it would either be an insanely hard event (Ala V Champion) or worse, limited to X number of players like Black Friday stuff, why? Because these items are also insanely hard to come by in regular servers.
    9. Unfortunately this is wishful thinking. It just isn't feasible to make Reboot OP in that manner. Terminus SUPPOSEDLY does drop from "The Boss" in Showa. I have yet to see it, but it is supposed to drop. If you applied things like Frenzy and BRoid you would have to help out Reg servers too.

Most of this post seems to be more Reboot forward, unfortunately I would recommend you apply some of your thinking to regular servers, they don't deserve to be completely left out.