[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Fury Totem

MiraMira
Reactions: 4,160
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Check the recent Maple Memo for exact details on this item, but I can already provide some very pointed feedback judged solely on the description.

This item is absolute trash. You say your goal is to get rid of the 2 computer meta, yet all this does is strengthen it even further. Who in their right mind is going to waste 30,000 RP a month (which is basically the max you can even get in a month) to claim these TWO HOUR long totems 15 times...? That's 30 hours of frenzy in a MONTH. Why does it only last two hours... it is such a waste of time/money I just can't even begin to describe. The duration is way too short for something so overcosted.

Sure, you can get the Fairy Bros/event/Coin Shop versions of the Fury Totem, but again, a two hour duration is just not sufficient. They should be at LEAST 4 hours, or even better still, I'd rather have access to something similar to the RP 2x cards, where you get 2 a month, but they last 24 hours.
PirateIzzy1DMG

Comments

• daalpevidaalpevi
    Reactions: 400
    edited May 2019

I give you the whole reason the cost of the Fury Totem is too high for a limited stock of R.P. being the 48k limit of R.P. I'm not going to spend everything on that F.T. (Fury Totem) my suggestion would be.
    1. That they extend the limit of Reward Point.
    2. And that the cost of F.T. be less.
    Well, with those costs nothing comes out profitable for a player, the uniqco that you do is that we get bored of training the characters.
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited May 2019
    The medium RP received from killing one boss is about 30~50 RP...How do they expect us to reach 2k consistently?

To think, all this started because nexon refused to update party play and went into this destructive solo-play path. How sad.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2019
    I understand there needs to be a balance between ease of access and benefit gained, but this seems kind of pointless. Why would I, or anyone, bother wasting well over half of my monthly reward point cap on 30 hours, for the full month, of fake-kishin when that's better spent on cubes and/or second pendant slots?

The problem at its root is that players want to go fast, and having more mobs spawning in more frequently is the best way to do this. The only way to actively break the current meta revolving around a second pc for a kanna mule is to globally increase mob spawn speeds and counts by the stated 50% value of kishin. This totem does absolutely nothing to break the two-pc meta, anyone who was already using a second pc for a kishin mule is going to continue using a second pc for a kishin mule. This has solved nothing and has likely only served to reinforced the current state of affairs.

I have the faintest shred of hope that the currently-stated duration, price point and acquisition limitations are introductory and will be actively reviewed going forward from the v205 update next month.
  • DuskGuardDuskGuard
    edited May 2019
    "To obtain the Fury Totem players can obtain a Fury Totem Coupon from a variety of sources. This coupon will grant the player a Fury Totem with a 2-hour duration. "
    "In the Maple Reward Point shop, we plan to offer the Fury Totem Coupon for 2,000 Maple Reward Points with a limited quantity purchase amount of 15 times a month."

So basically, for 30 hours a month you get Kishin on your non-kanna character. It also costs reward points, which can come very slowly... Pretty disappointed in this change; they basically changed nothing for hardcore players who can spend an upwards of 30 hours playing in 3 days. You'll also need to amass 30,000 reward points to do so, which is pretty impossible.

They are giving us 2 extra coupons in a summer rewards shop, and 1 extra coupon in the summer coin shop. They didn't comment on the availability of these coupons, i.e. per day, per week, per month, etc. Nexon is also talking about giving the fury totem as a Fairy Bros reward, but we all know how sporadic the rewards are i.e. you're not likely to get the same item more than twice. These are likely the "variety of sources" Nexon is talking about in the above post, but this is just speculation.

Unfortunately, this didn't change anything in a meaningful way; 2 PC meta still exists, and if you want Kishin totem you need to farm and spend 2000 reward points for a max of 15 per month. After reading this I kinda wish they just left kishin and not introduced this crap item...
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited May 2019
    There's already a thread about it. Let's try to keep things contained, yeah?
  • DuskGuardDuskGuard
    edited May 2019
    Didn't see that at all on the front page, and as a side note this is why we see the same threads on every forum for weeks or even months at a time. If you can't post something similar to what another person has posted there's no diversity. Just one person talking and 20 people responding.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited May 2019
    You also don't need 15 different threads about the same thing. Same thing happens on the subreddit. Big thing happens, a mod makes a megathread to avoid having a million-ass posts about the exact same thing cluttering up the place.
  • DuskGuardDuskGuard
    edited May 2019
    You're pointing me to a thread in the suggestions forum with like 4 replies to it. Stop gatekeeping and let people post what they want, moderators can merge/delete this if they want. You can stop posting in my threads.

Oh what's that? You have free will and can do what you want? Same here buddy.
  • aaLaaL
    Reactions: 400
    i totally agree. i already feel bad for people without 2nd pc. (im fine with 2hours) but make it at least 2 totems per purchase at a cost of 1k.
    that would make more sense.
  • 1DMG1DMG
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited May 2019
    This is not a solution to needing 2 pc

Nexon, you seem to be thinking that players sprinkling their training sessions with kishin is anything like the current state of how the game is played.

Not only is that basis wrong, as kishin is deemed necessary on much larger and continuous scales than 2 hours at a time (if not constantly), but if this is to compete with the still-available option of another pc (which it's supposed to make redundant) it loses spectacularly. Another pc provides this benefit for infinite duration with much less effort and time.

This changes little Nexon. Players with another pc will continue to use that pc. Players who do use it will see little change as the item will be scarcely affordable and short-lived, and only reinforces to them the need for the superior option of another computer. Players who kishin for other players will still continue to do so.

A quote from Maple Memo Nov 2 2018: because of the sheer amount of players in the game using this skill at the same time this causes a lot of technical issues that are difficult to solve.

If your purpose was to increase server stability, you will find now even more kishin users, now those with 2 pc and those who use this item. Besides the fix to kishin to now work at 50% increase compared to 75%, the high price changes little, the game will experience more kishin.
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited June 2019
    they should at least make it 500 RP, that's about the amount acquired after a daily bossing cycle. Bump it up to 4 hours and make it 25-30 per month. It won't kill 2 PC for good but at least it will give us casuals a breather.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited June 2019
    Fury Totem its not that bad could have been worse knowing nexon and their $$$
    yes 2h duration 2k RP and 15 coupons a month its not optimal-good as we wanted

but when you look right now what we got to get spawn better
    frenzy -> gamble $$$$ and kanna mule high lvl + 2nd pc (legit pc not virtual macahine and legit frenzy no RMT )

2k RP for a furry totem for some that cant aford ^^^ and want stay legit its good

we all know they wont make it same as frenzy or cheaper
    so take what you can use "free" or $$$

KMS dosnt have all that and they still doing greater then GMS (we dont appreciate what we got and just want more and more make all 275 overnight please and 1ko all boss or RAGE )
  • DuskGuardDuskGuard
    edited June 2019
    WONDERGUY wrote: »

frenzy -> gamble $$$$ and kanna mule high lvl + 2nd pc (legit pc not virtual macahine and legit frenzy no RMT )

2k RP for a furry totem for some that cant aford ^^^ and want stay legit its good

KMS dosnt have all that and they still doing greater then GMS (we dont appreciate what we got and just want more and more make all 275 overnight please and 1ko all boss or RAGE )

Not optimal? It's nearly impossible for people who have full time jobs or school. I can log on maybe 2 hrs max a day to play, so in short I'll never be able to use this item.

Also KMS and korea in general are very competitive. When people seek to be good at a game they play it ALL DAY. Many of those people doing well i'd wager have no jobs, or dump $1000s of dollars every week into MS to do well. Very different cultures, bad point of comparison.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited June 2019
    DuskGuard wrote: »
    WONDERGUY wrote: »

Not optimal? It's nearly impossible for people who have full time jobs or school. I can log on maybe 2 hrs max a day to play, so in short I'll never be able to use this item.

Also KMS and korea in general are very competitive. When people seek to be good at a game they play it ALL DAY. Many of those people doing well i'd wager have no jobs, or dump $1000s of dollars every week into MS to do well. Very different cultures, bad point of comparison.

2h a day can get you decent amount just by doing quick daily boss that takes no more then 30min alone ( it wont make you buy all things yea ....)
    but
    sorry work-competitive = great accomplishment
    if you want get better put some work and dedication nothing comes eazy ,balance your day for hobbies
    GMS allready has tons of shortcuts for whales to reach endgame (even hard working one cant without $$)

now GMS offers someting "free" ( yea sux its not same as frenzy and limits you from buying cubes) but first good step for us that put work without $$
    maybe nexon should have charged 2k nx each use ....

also i got nothing against people that spend 1000$ to reach endgame... great for them each with their own pocket
    i just dont agree when its only $$$ or deal with hackers and their market

GMS loses players each month... i could understand if there was nonone else doing better but when we got KMS why not study-learn from them...
    i wish i could play on kms ;(
    and yea KMS has much to improve aswell
    but for me accomplishment in KMS its better then GMS and TMS

• TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited June 2019
    What I don't get is why it is not being sold for mesos on that weekly vendor "Matilda Purveyor of Useful Items" with a weekly refreshing stock and cap. Like this was the most obvious spot to put the fury totem in my mind when the concept was just being talked about. Guess it is true common sense is all gone, but I can understand Nexon's side of things, that they would have to alter kms patch data more to put in that unique item every time but having it in their store it is good to go without having to bother big brother (Nexon Korea)
    SlicedTime
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited June 2019
    What I don't get is why it is not being sold for mesos on that weekly vendor "Matilda Purveyor of Useful Items" with a weekly refreshing stock and cap. Like this was the most obvious spot to put the fury totem in my mind when the concept was just being talked about. Guess it is true common sense is all gone, but I can understand Nexon's side of things, that they would have to alter kms patch data more to put in that unique item every time but having it in their store it is good to go without having to bother big brother (Nexon Korea)

thats also nice maybe in future it will get added there to
    on stream it was mention event attendance will give and coin shops
    as long as its not hiden in lootbox/pay wall
    it wont change anything to worse kanna mule its still there, $$frenzy$$ aswell

furry totem its nice small break in to free to play world hope more things like that come
    i can enjoy PF soon normaly without worry much on kanna mule or $frenzy$ (a bit of hope to stay GMS a bit more )

bonus cubes with RP soonTM? GMS learning the lesson :) ?
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    edited June 2019
    2h a day can get you decent amount just by doing quick daily boss that takes no more then 30min alone ( it wont make you buy all things yea ....)
    but
    sorry work-competitive = great accomplishment
    if you want get better put some work and dedication nothing comes eazy ,balance your day for hobbies
    GMS allready has tons of shortcuts for whales to reach endgame (even hard working one cant without $$)

now GMS offers someting "free" ( yea sux its not same as frenzy and limits you from buying cubes) but first good step for us that put work without $$
    maybe nexon should have charged 2k nx each use ....

also i got nothing against people that spend 1000$ to reach endgame... great for them each with their own pocket
    i just dont agree when its only $$$ or deal with hackers and their market

GMS loses players each month... i could understand if there was nonone else doing better but when we got KMS why not study-learn from them...
    i wish i could play on kms ;(
    and yea KMS has much to improve aswell
    but for me accomplishment in KMS its better then GMS and TMS

I don't understand this KMS vs GMS argument. There is a clear difference between the two regions and hand-waving one's success over the other when there's been years of proof that the issue is not as simple as doing things KMS' ways will fix GMS' issues. It's just ignoring reality at this point. Personally, I don't think Korean players like Maple all that much more than us, but because of their culture, stick with it. They don't stick with Maple for its merits, but because it's familiar to them.

Honestly, this whole problem wouldn't be necessary if whoever manages Maple would just cut back on needing all this player retention. People are already playing the game and herding their time around is just dishonest. I guess it's easier and more profitable than actually making the game better.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    I guess it's easier and more profitable than actually making the game better.
    Well considering how Nexon's American profits are in the negative, I'd do everything I could to make that not like that, too.

It's a matter of region, not really the game itself. MMOs aren't popular over here. It's just a fact of our culture.
    I'm one of those people who do agree that KMS is better than GMS and sure, I do wish we had a 1:1 copy of it.
    But I'm also willing to admit that making too drastic of changes to GMS will end up killing the game.
    I'd rather be able to play a watered down version of the game than no game at all.
  • DupreeDupree
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2019
    2000 RP for one is too much. Drop it down to 500.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited June 2019
    1DMG wrote: »
    If your purpose was to increase server stability, you will find now even more kishin users, now those with 2 pc and those who use this item. Besides the fix to kishin to now work at 50% increase compared to 75%, the high price changes little, the game will experience more kishin.

It was never about server stability lmao