[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Eternal Rebirth Flames not operating properly

L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
Reactions: 2,060
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2019 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Eternal Rebirth Flame (from nebulite compensation) is not operating properly (?)

Brief bug summary:
From https://strategywiki.org/wiki/MapleStory/Bonus_Stats_and_Nebulites#Rebirth_Flames
Eternal Rebirth Flame (Meister Accessory Crafting)
Bonus Stats will be guaranteed at least Level 2 (level 4 for boss equips). While the item may state that it provides the "maximum possible Bonus Stats", it actually only ensures that all the lines are not of the lowest Stat Level and does not make all Bonus Stat lines automatically at max level, Lines will be usually Level 2~4 with a small chance of it being Level 5 (Level 4~6, with a small chance of Level 7 for boss equips)

Normal Equips Elite Boss Equips Boss (except Elite Boss) Equips
Number of Lines 1~4 1~4 4
Stat Level Range (Eternal/Black Flames) 2~5 2~5 4~7

After using over 120 on my Tyrant Glove (Boss equip, should be guaranteed at least 4 lines), I have gotten tier 2 level stats (single stat tier 2 which is +16) and only 3 lines. When I initially did my gear back when these flames were distributed, I had no issues getting around 80 stat within 10 or so flames, just for me to get back to roughly around the same stat gain I went through over 120 eternals.

More details: I wanted to aim for at least ~100 combined stat on my glove which had ~80 so I figured I'd try for something higher. After using over 120, I finally ended up at 5% AS and 34 int which was worse than what I initially had to begin with. Not sure what kept me going for that long but I did see a 7% AS so it is distributing the proper potential max but I was getting tier 2 level stats and 3 lines. <<<<< 3 Lines definitely should not be happening according to how Eternal Rebirth Flames should be operating.

Steps to reproduce: Use Non-Expiring Eternal Rebirth Flames on Boss gear.

Character name: Gaooh

Character level: 235

Character job: Bishop

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: 9-JUN - 10-JUN ~11:30p-12:30a EST.

Please note this is from Eternal Rebirth from the Nebulite compensation (Non-Expiring), I can not comment on the craftable, elite mob/boss or exploration ERFs.

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2019
    Make sure you aren't confusing the double stat lines value for single line. (Easy to confuse a lv 4 double stat line for a lv 2 single stat line)
    It may look like 3 lines, but it is actually 4 lines because the reduce lv requirement line isn't yellow.

Breaking past 100 stats on a lv 150 equipment is very rare as you need all 4 lines to be int, int/str, int/dex, int/luk and all must be lv 5 (or 6/5/4/4 or 7/4/4/4 or 4/6/6/5).

The probability to even get the 4 lines is (4/19) *(3/18)*(2/17)*(1/16) = 0.000258 = 0.0258%.
    And the probability for the 4 lines level to be high enough to sum up past 100 make that even lower.
    Fuhreak
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    I had taken that into consideration but it wasn't double 16 but single 16. To make matters worse, I was getting 3 lines when boss eq are guaranteed 4 and it wasn't minus Lev req either.

Getting a combination of 30+ stat + 4%+ AS felt as rare as 1/30 and after 120 rolls, I finally got what is essentially an AS% and single INT stat roll at what is the lowest possible T4. Considering I've done 4 tyrants, 3 CRA and got at least int+AS% in about 10 per, I'd say something was royally messed up.

To recap. I've gotten 3 lines from a boss equip using eternal rebirth and have seen tier 2 double stat in rolls.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2019
    If you are blazing through the flames quickly, you often won't pay enough attention to know the exact lv and type of double stat as it can take up quite a lot of effort to figure it out for no reason.

This time you were really in the far end of the unlucky spectrum in getting single stat int and % all stat, where as you were in the far end of the lucky spectrum in getting those two lines on your previous gear really early.

If you still have doubt, take a picture of any 3 lines bonus stat boss equipment in your next flaming session, and we can decide if it is 3 lines or 4 as there are a few combination where it will look like 3 lines ([tier 5 int, tier 4 int/luk, tier 5 luk, all stat] will look like [tier 7 int, tier 7 luk, all stat]).