[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Pre-registration Beauty Box disappeared after use

StayGoldStayGold
Reactions: 1,670
edited June 2019 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Use Item, Functionality

Brief bug summary: I opened the Pre-registration Beauty Box on my level 10 Beast Tamer. When I double-clicked on the box after I had claimed it from the Gift box Icon, it disappeared (shown in picture below). I think the same thing would have happened if I had claimed any of the other Pre-registration gift boxes and used them.

9zfDU6L.jpg

More details: NONE of the Pre-registration boxes have a label that warns the player to NOT CLAIM either of the gift boxes if the character they are currently logged in as is neither at or below Lvl 61. Even though this page says "only characters lvl 61 and above can receive the gift boxes", my character was able to. (http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/47820/updated-june-12-earn-rewards-in-return-to-adventure) ?_?

Steps to reproduce:

1. Log into game with a character that is not Lvl 61 or above.

2. Claim the Pre-registration Beauty Box (or any of the Pre-registration Gift Boxes) from the Gift Box Icon on left side of the screen.

3. Use the Pre-registration Beauty Box (or any of the Pre-registration Gift Boxes) from Use item inventory.

4. Watch the gift box you were not allowed to claim disappear before your eyes with nothing appearing in its place in the Use/Cash item inventories.

Character name: LoveMeFeedMe

Character level: 10

Character job: Beast Tamer

World name: BROA

Date and time of the incident: June 12, 2019 1:25PM PDT
SaniFlash

Comments

• SaniFlashSaniFlash
    Reactions: 310
    edited June 2019
    This happened to me with my Money Box on the Burning character I just made seems like this is a game wide error
  • GeneralInfoGeneralInfo
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2019
    Sorry to the VFMs for the repeat reports. I wasn't sure this alt account would get approved in time.
  • GeneralInfoGeneralInfo
    edited June 2019
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited June 2019
    Thanks, it's been forwarded.
    SaniFlash
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    Okay but I can see your Cash tab glowing in your screenshot, so that means something went in there. Did you actually check the Cash tab, because that's exactly where mine were after I claimed them. It doesn't show in the textbox, but they are there.

Also why are different people copying/pasting the exact same melodramatic bug report...?
    JettLuvsU
  • OniarkOniark
    Reactions: 200

The same happened to me .... I logged into the account, and when the box was opened it simply disappeared .... After that I started to be disconnected every 2 minutes inside the game, it was five attempts, but the game did not show stability until I could not connect to the channel, so I decided to restart the game and after that the game did not open anymore.

I hope Nexon will fix this soon
  • GeneralInfoGeneralInfo
    edited June 2019
    Mira wrote: »
    Okay but I can see your Cash tab glowing in your screenshot, so that means something went in there. Did you actually check the Cash tab, because that's exactly where mine were after I claimed them. It doesn't show in the textbox, but they are there.

Also why are different people copying/pasting the exact same melodramatic bug report...?

This is my alt account. I didn't know how long the approval process would take until my bug report would show (this forum account got wiped back in 2015). And I don't get what you mean by "melodramatic". Are you talking about me or..??

Also, good catch. I didn't see that the Cash item tab was flashing, but the first and only thing I noticed was that there was nothing in the chat window that said I had received an item. Regardless, players under level 61 should not be able to receive the Gift Boxes. That's an unintentional bug. Also, I tried logging back in after my internet connection crapped out, but the game underwent a currently-TBD UM.
  • GeneralInfoGeneralInfo
    edited June 2019
    Okhura wrote: »
    Thanks, it's been forwarded.

Actually.. Okhura, it seems that I did receive an item (either a Royal Hair or Royal Face coupon), but I didn't see that the Cash item tab was flashing, and only paid attention to the chat window not displaying anything.