[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Choosing new bossing class in tera burning

JoakhimJoakhim
Reactions: 610
edited June 2019 in General Chat
Hi all, I dont know wich class boost with tera burning, I want a great bossing character, I play with a friend so we want 2 class to bossing togheter, what should be better? I've looked at some classes and I can't decide from those 6, i like also survivability or healing at bossing:

Shade / Mihile / Dark knight / TB / Ark / Blaster

We play in normal server and we dont want to found it a lot, let's say that I only have 3b on my main (Kinesis 205)

I already have lots of alts at level 120/150 (Lumi/kanna/DS/DA/Hayat/Xenon/Phantom/AB/Meercedes/ZERO)

Any suggestion from the list? or a duo bossing combo that is good? ^^

Comments

• KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited June 2019
    Is bucc not an option? they are great bossers and great at mobbing.

But from the 6 dark knight imo cause it has a semi heal for its self and is decent in all areas.
  • JoakhimJoakhim
    Reactions: 610
    edited June 2019
    Bucc have something like healing or survival ability?
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    All a good choice I think, except for TB where I have no opinion due to low level.
    If I had to go with my own personal bias, I liked Shade's skill lineup for various reasons.
    I think Mihile is a good option as well, but I think most people just seem him as a meme character.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited June 2019
    Joakhim wrote: »
    Hi all, I dont know wich class boost with tera burning, I want a great bossing character, I play with a friend so we want 2 class to bossing togheter, what should be better? I've looked at some classes and I can't decide from those 6, i like also survivability or healing at bossing:

Shade / Mihile / Dark knight / TB / Ark / Blaster

We play in normal server and we dont want to found it a lot, let's say that I only have 3b on my main (Kinesis 205)

I already have lots of alts at level 120/150 (Lumi/kanna/DS/DA/Hayat/Xenon/Phantom/AB/Meercedes/ZERO)

Any suggestion from the list? or a duo bossing combo that is good? ^^

Either Ark/Mihile or Ark/Shade duo, with Ark being dmg dealer while Mihile/Shade gives support. DK pretty much requires legendary +buff duration ability to be viable in bossing, which is gonna be tricky if you don't want to fund it that much. (eh who knows, it seems like they're giving away a lot of circulator through this event so you might get luck i guess). TB can work as well, but it's got zero utility other than one iframe move. Both Ark and TB rely on their buff stacking and combo skills in bossing so, they both require some sort of hand control, but Ark is gonna have much easier time surviving cause it's got ton of great utilities (superior mobility, super stance, built-in bind, and 2 iframe moves). Plus, TB has zero burst dmg skills, while Ark has several (4 in total). Down side is that Ark's v-matrix is harder, but considering you're just looking for bossing, just enhance boss related skills only.
    For choosing between Mihile and Shade as support, you need to decide whether you want survival support or dmg support. Having Mihile in your party will greatly increase your chance of survival (Shield of light), while having Shade in your party will greatly increase your dmg (soul splitter). They're both tanky af, so they have very high survivability in bossing, but Mihile is gonna have much higher dmg, individually, than Shade. However, Mihile heavily relies on use of "Royal Guard" skill and it's pretty tricky to make good use of it in bossing. So while dmg is gonna be higher, hand control is gonna be much harder for Mihile. Shade, on the other hand, is gonna have lower dmg, but is super duper ez to use. He has very few active buff (less penalty for dying), only one bossing skill, and better mobility (back step that will pretty much let you slip out of boss' pattern).
    In my opinion, Ark/Shade is gonna be much better duo. First, Mihile bears unforgivable sin of having untradable 2ndary. Second, Ark already has good survival utilities.
    Lastly, the synergy between Shade's soul splitter and Ark's rows of burst dmg skill is really really good. Soul splitter is gonna increase final dmg% of party members by 50% so it goes very well with jobs that can burst dmg well. And for Ark, which can use 3 of its burst dmg skills at once, the synergy with Shade is gonna do A LOT OF DAMAGE.
    Fuhreak
    Reactions: 735
    edited June 2019
    Shade, because Shade has the best DPS even if the charts maybe by a bunch of none developers say it doesn't.
    If you don't bo-lieve me then cash me in-game how bout duh?
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    2600 wrote: »
    Shade, because Shade has the best DPS even if the charts maybe by a bunch of none developers say it doesn't.
    If you don't bo-lieve me then cash me in-game how bout duh?

DPS charts are a poor reason to play any class. Balances patches happen, your top tier class could be bottom tier with the next patch.
    It's a better idea to play a class that you find fundamentally fun and go with that. Any class can have good damage with enough funds thrown at it.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2019
    Shade is fun, but a double-edged sword of sorts. The class has a whopping three buffs; maple warrior, spirit bond max and heroic memories(the latter two being 140/190 hyper skills respectively), so dying in a boss or something yields very little rebuff downtime. Has two passive skills to cheat death, one's a guarantee with like a 30-minute cooldown(summon other spirit) and the other has a 10% trigger chance and doesn't have a cooldown I don't think(close call, also the link skill). Is fairly tanky(for a pirate, anyway), has a beginner passive that restores 1% HP per hit, gives 100% knockback resistance and reduces incoming damage by 30%(including percentage-based boss attacks)

But on the other side of the coin there are no buffs to increase attack power, so the class is a bit more reliant on potential than other classes might be.
    Fuhreak