[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Quest Booster still in Cash Shop?

SwornKnightSwornKnight
Reactions: 520
edited June 2019 in General Chat
Quest Booster still in Cash Shop?

Thanks

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    No. It was removed last winter.
    SwornKnight
  • PatchPatch
    Reactions: 360
    edited June 2019
    AKradian wrote: »

why? that was really dumb move especially since it's really helpful for zero. Granted no one really used it other than just for Zero but it's still an ok item to have in the shop. I mean im pretty sure they still have those quest taking/return items too? If they have those then why they didn't remove those items too?
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited June 2019
    Patch wrote: »

why? that was really dumb move especially since it's really helpful for zero. Granted no one really used it other than just for Zero but it's still an ok item to have in the shop. I mean im pretty sure they still have those quest taking/return items too? If they have those then why they didn't remove those items too?

Since nobody will say the real reason they took it down i will, the quest booster was taken down cause of "issues" with how it worked see it not only boosted quest exp it literally doubled every exp gain that had dialog with it on the left of the screen in chat.

This meant Monster Park, exp instant lvl booster potion from events and the ones from legion shop, theme dungeon quests and party quests all would give 2x exp.(trust me it was way more useful to other classes than just zero)

Does this mean it was an exploit...idk cause they had it in game for years and only took it out cause it finally started to not work for certain things and ppl reported it and nexon was all like "wait its not supposed to work that way anyway" XD

Basically we told on our selves and its gone now...
    LiftedMirage
  • PatchPatch
    Reactions: 360
    edited June 2019
    Krimlock wrote: »
    Patch wrote: »

Since nobody will say the real reason they took it down i will, the quest booster was taken down cause of "issues" with how it worked see it not only boosted quest exp it literally doubled every exp gain that had dialog with it on the left of the screen in chat.

This meant Monster Park, exp instant lvl booster potion from events and the ones from legion shop, theme dungeon quests and party quests all would give 2x exp.(trust me it was way more useful to other classes than just zero)

Does this mean it was an exploit...idk cause they had it in game for years and only took it out cause it finally started to not work for certain things and ppl reported it and nexon was all like "wait its not supposed to work that way anyway" XD

Basically we told on our selves and its gone now...

Hmm makes sense but they could have easily fixed that issue and brought it back to work how it should have worked. I don't think it should have worked with every dialog but for theme dungeons I see no problem since those are just big quest logs to complete. Anyways now it's just going to be much more of a bored to grind zero since Nexon can't seem to fix there crap and just decide to remove it all together.