[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Pretty disappointed in Kanna revamp.

StarryKnightStarryKnight
Reactions: 1,935
edited June 2019 in General Chat
Nerfed our stance, nerfed our 20s bind, nerfed our kish, nerfed our dps, nerfed out vertical range on teleport. Some of the skills look "flashier", but that's just another word for gaudy. Other than the utility of our nerfed kish, its just doesn't feel all that useful anymore.

Surely I'm not the only one disappointed, but maybe I'm being unfair. Anyone willing to change my mind? What are some of the good thing's I'm missing.

Comments

• YunnoYunno
    Reactions: 565
    edited June 2019
    You are currently playing a nerfed version of revamped Kanna.
    Several of our passives and buffs are bugged and not being applied (this includes Haku's M.Att buff, hyper stat Mana, and some other passives), so your range is much lower than intended.

As for the improvements, they are the following (according to myself lol):

- Much better mobbing. Between the flashiness of our tp and shikigami being such a good mobbing skill, we actually are capable of taking on large maps without Domain now;
    - Mobility was improved by a lot with our vertical jump and the ability to teleport mid air in any direction;
    - We get boost nodes for Kishin now, which essentially means with enough nodes Kish can actually be used to clear a platform on its own;
    - Our Goblin summon is amazing for clearing 2 or 3 platforms at once, but it's apparently doing less damage than intended as well* (need confirmation on this);
    - Bossing has become better as well due to mobility. The bind nerfs were heavy but they were to be expected, Kanna was broken regarding this anyway.

There obviously were things that kind of hurt Kannas such as the removal of knockback resistance and IED from haku, and of course, the Kishin nerf.
    I do believe once they fix her bugs she'll be much better than old Kanna in terms of damage, no doubt on that.

This will depend on how quick Nexon fixes her now.
  • SeleianceSeleiance
    Reactions: 930
    edited June 2019
    I really hope Nightghost Guide is one of the skills that is not working correctly. The fact that it still can't be activated in the air despite how useful a good jumping shikigami haunting is for training seems rather ridiculous (also considering the addition of Shikigami Charm as a super jump).
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited June 2019
    The removal of stance is absolutely brutal for me, I tend to use my kanna to farm nodes, and its so frustrating to have to attempt to farm a node 15+ times because you keep getting knocked out of range, getting thrown around like a ragdoll. Going from 95% (haku + legion + hyper) stance to basically 0% stance just makes the character feel sluggish, unresponsive and a chore to control. Even worse when training since getting hit at the wrong time causes the keystroke to not register, throwing off timing, missing skills, and potentially dying as a result (in extreme cases).

Nodes cap at 120% final damage, so its unlikely that the additional damage is going to make kishin a viable attack skill given its base attack is only 150%.

mid-air teleport isn't particularly useful in most cases, but there are instances where it could be useful, so while that could be seen as a quality of life improvement, I'ts not a game-changer, more like a clone of battle mages teleport.

Bossing with the random mana veins thing is clunky and awkward.

There are too many barriers and skills as it is, trying to keep up with every skill and cooldown on the revamped kanna is tedious and frustrating, include all the additional skills, such as decent skills, or arachnid reflection, and I was already out of keyboard space a while back.

Vanquishers charm is not particularly good skill right now, it seems like its currently better to use shikagami haunting, yet all of our hyper skills are for vanquishers charm, a skill that drains mana faster than a 12 cylinder f1 engine drains a gas tank.

Mana balance consumes 50% HP... why? To dissuade its use? Ok, but why not just eliminate the skill then.

So perhaps the damage issues will be fixed, but what about the rest? The character (at least imo) has lost a lot of what made it fun to play, and will more than likely become relegated to a run of the mill kishin mule. A sad end for a class that used to be essential even if only for its utility( kish, barrier, bind, domain, etc)

Honestly, it makes me sad.