[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Dark World Tree Dailies

Player1Player1
Reactions: 1,040
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2019 in General Chat
SO... lets talk about dailies.
I just spent over half an hour doing not 5 BUT 1 quest in the daily. It's not the fact that I don't like how they changed it. Rather it's nice being able to change quests once in a while. It's the fact that ONE of the quests is absolutely ridiculous in trying to complete. Dark Demon Shield bearers... Taking the fact that I don't have a kanna with me, the Dark Demon Shield bearers at most have ONLY 5 mobs per map at max... you need to kill 200 of them... I mean the rewards are nice... but... why? It isn't scrapyard dailies. I shouldn't hate my life every time I think about having to do them everyday...

Comments

• LiftedMirageLiftedMirage
    Reactions: 710
    edited June 2019
    Yeah I just did it today and It took a while
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    Player1 wrote: »
    I just spent over half an hour doing not 5 BUT 1 quest in the daily. It's not the fact that I don't like how they changed it. Rather it's nice being able to change quests once in a while. It's the fact that ONE of the quests is absolutely ridiculous in trying to complete. Dark Demon Shield bearers... Taking the fact that I don't have a kanna with me, the Dark Demon Shield bearers at most have ONLY 5 mobs per map at max... you need to kill 200 of them... I mean the rewards are nice... but... why? It isn't scrapyard dailies. I shouldn't hate my life every time I think about having to do them everyday...

These quests are weekly now. You don't have to do them everyday.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/49946/updated-june-14-v-205-pathfinder-patch-notes#dailyquest
  • Player1Player1
    Reactions: 1,040
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »

These quests are weekly now. You don't have to do them everyday.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/49946/updated-june-14-v-205-pathfinder-patch-notes#dailyquest

well that's even worse... so it'll take longer to get your end game gear... considering you only get 12 stones a week when dailies let you get 28...
  • DienstagDienstag
    Reactions: 820
    edited June 2019
    Yeah you should avoid Axe/Sword kill quests. Do only collect.
    Also never do anything with shieldbearers in them with the new system you'll want to kyrsellf.

I have mixed feelings about the new system. some are 4x harder, some are the same/ easier (which is ok if you have more than 1 character).
    Was easier to farm on my main though in a sense, but hey the XP is alright for a 207 alt.
  • polerpoler
    Reactions: 725
    edited June 2019
    why should you avoid Axe/Sword kill quest? I mean the axe and sword guys aren't that bad but the shield takes a while.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    well that's even worse... so it'll take longer to get your end game gear... considering you only get 12 stones a week when dailies let you get 28...

There is that, but that's more a rewards problem than a "Oh my god I have to do this crap every single day?" concern.
    I'd much rather them be weekly quests, but the rewards should at least compare to the old daily system.
  • DienstagDienstag
    Reactions: 820
    edited June 2019
    poler wrote: »
    why should you avoid Axe/Sword kill quest? I mean the axe and sword guys aren't that bad but the shield takes a while.

Collect axe/sword is fine. Kill is tricky on a low character, because there are two types of adds. (Note collect is easier depending on server & drop gear)

From easiest to most difficult
    Kill Slimes Type 1, 2, and 1&2 (Lower tier)
    Collect Fangs
    Collect Swords/Axes
    Kill Swords/Axes
    Kill Fangs
    Collect Shields
    Kill Shields

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited June 2019
    Would be nice if DWT (and even Scrapyard) had pure spawn maps.
    Player1Dienstag
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    The new weeklies for dwt and scrapyard were either designed by someone who doesn't play this game or someone who hates the players.

Honestly what were they even thinking?
  • polerpoler
    Reactions: 725
    edited June 2019
    the rewards are crappy but do make them more worth in auction house which is good for me since I can't beat lotus or damien yet and haven't found people to carry me.