[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

No name change?

SlashingPainSlashingPain
Reactions: 1,020
edited October 2016 in General Chat
So I'm guessing name change got pushed back?

"October 19 to October 23 in the Special Promotions > Limited Time category in both Reboot and non-Reboot worlds.

Do you want to change the names of a character on your account? Use this coupon to request a new name for your character. All names will then be changed in the scheduled maintenance on October 27."
  1. Who's upset? Show of hands!19 votes
    1. Yes
       79% (15 votes)
    2. No
       21% (4 votes)

Comments

• K1S3K1K1S3K1
    Reactions: 420
    edited October 2016
    Well, this is beyond annoying.
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited October 2016
    Another week, another utterly failed maintenance.
  • ScyphenScyphen
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited October 2016
    It was 4am in Australia when the maintenance finished... I'm pretty upset I wasted time waking up for this bs
  • SlashingPainSlashingPain
    edited October 2016
    I was really looking forward to this. So much for a "better maple"
    lizzybethLilyflower
  • iXaviXav
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2016
    SO no change ign.............. GG nexon... so now what we need wait for how long ????? some1 know it ?
  • ReallytiredofyacrapReallytiredofyacrap
    Reactions: 570
    edited October 2016
    Not even surprised anymore, I'm more angry at myself that I constantly allow myself to look foolish by the hands of this ass hat of a company
    lizzybethLilyflower
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited October 2016
    I honestly think that you should be thankful to have this option now after not having it after a few years.
    It will come.
  • K1S3K1K1S3K1
    edited October 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

I honestly think that you should be thankful to have this option now after not having it after a few years.
    It will come.

Ridiculous. People spend money and expect to get what they paid for, period. When we don't get what we paid for, we have a right to be annoyed and upset regardless of when we last had the opportunity to purchase Name Change Coupons last... which was about a year ago.
    lizzybethLilyflower
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited October 2016

Well, be thankful when its free. Everyone paid 10$ usd for a service. I don't need to be thankful when Its something I'm paying for.
    It was free when Nexon removed a bunch of unused IGNs. :)
    But I understand why you need to pay for it because it's a service that the company does for you. It's a hard thing to do and caused a lot of problems, which is why we haven't had name changes in years.
    So... if you don't want to pay $10 for a name change, just get the name you wanted to begin with.
    K1S3K1
    K1S3K1 said:

Ridiculous. People spend money and expect to get what they paid for, period. When we don't get what we paid for, we have a right to be annoyed and upset regardless of when we last had the opportunity to purchase Name Change Coupons last... which was about a year ago.
    Thing is, you'll probably get what you paid for, just not in the time frame you expected it to be.
  • lizzybethlizzybeth
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited October 2016
    this is far from a better maple..first the wedding ring which is total bs don't bother getting married...and now this....and not to mention the cash shop glitch where people can literally buy nothing including last weeks name change coupon....nexon better have a good excuse and compensation for everyone this game is already dying they are slowly killing it more by adding new things rather than fixing old things....and not giving us players what we want....
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited October 2016
    that's intended guys..

Nexon NA don't want you guys to get used to getting thing correctly and on time. they just stay in pattern..
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited October 2016
    community manager:
    "There was an issue with the name changes that we are working on a resolution for. We hope to roll out the name changes during next week's maintenance. "

one more week guys... i hope

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/1078/my-name-change-coupon-has-disappeared-from-my-cs/p2
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited October 2016
    If they had added KMS's name change system in the first place and tweaked it to have the voucher be purchasable with NX prepaid only then we wouldn't have that problem as it would be an instant effect that only requires us to re login.
  • K1S3K1K1S3K1
    edited October 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Well, be thankful when its free. Everyone paid 10$ usd for a service. I don't need to be thankful when Its something I'm paying for.
    It was free when Nexon removed a bunch of unused IGNs. :)
    But I understand why you need to pay for it because it's a service that the company does for you. It's a hard thing to do and caused a lot of problems, which is why we haven't had name changes in years.
    So... if you don't want to pay $10 for a name change, just get the name you wanted to begin with.
    K1S3K1
    K1S3K1 said:

Thing is, you'll probably get what you paid for, just not in the time frame you expected it to be.
    Some people couldn't get the IGNs they wanted when they first made their characters because the IGNs were unavailable to them. The Name Change Coupon is meant to give people the opportunity to change IGNs they made when they had no other options (not all of us have been playing the same character since 2008) or IGNs made when they were much younger and are outdated.

What I paid for was a Name Change Coupon that said my IGN would change after the scheduled maintenance on October 27.

Any other ridiculous justifications for yet another Nexon derp?
  • ReallytiredofyacrapReallytiredofyacrap
    Reactions: 570
    edited October 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

It will come.
    You out ya got dam mind. Thankful for paying for something with no explanation of the issue or anything else, paying for a service then not receive it? If this is what you expect service to be like you must be getting played all day long.
    K1S3K1lizzybethLilyflower
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited October 2016
    Reallytiredofyacrap

You out ya got dam mind. Thankful for paying for something with no explanation of the issue or anything else, paying for a service then not receive it? If this is what you expect service to be like you must be getting played all day long.
    You'll get your name change, just not in the time frame that you expected it to be.

I mean thankful in the sense that name changes were taken out of the CS for an undetermined amount of time and now they're back.
    Nexon could have simply kept it that way but they chose not to.
    I simply try to see it from a different point of view instead of being angry while still understanding while other people are.

@K1S3K1
    Go look under the announcements for a word from Nexon as to why you didn't get your name change today.
    The rest of this reply applies to yours as well.
  • DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited October 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

You'll get your name change, just not in the time frame that you expected it to be.

I mean thankful in the sense that name changes were taken out of the CS for an undetermined amount of time and now they're back.
    Nexon could have simply kept it that way but they chose not to.
    I simply try to see it from a different point of view instead of being angry while still understanding while other people are.
    Nice to see the official MS forums is the only last sanctuary left for NA Nexon apologists ecks dee

Consistently doesn't deliver rewards on time for a decade. Just in the period of the last 1 or 2 months, there was name change, Unique pot mess, EMS migration etc.

B-but we should be thankful that they finally released name changes for a limited time! It's almost like they release these conservatively to make the most revenue, just as other events like Miracle Time, Fever, Marvel are released between long intervals.

• SlashingPainSlashingPain
    edited November 2016
    Tomorrow is the day we get NAME CHANGE! unless they forget again......
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    For those who paid for name change well here's some good news from nexon

-Players that purchased the Character Name Change Coupon during the event will have their name changes processed. If your name change was not processed, please contact Customer Support and submit a ticket.
    BIackbean
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    dw they changed the name today !
    Lilyflower