[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ability to Ignore EXP Obtained

InomushekInomushek
Reactions: 410
edited June 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I don't actually see this coming to fruition but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. We should have the ability to ignore EXP in the Options UI. It's really annoying having to keep dying on my Kanna when I'm farming mesos. Dying repeatedly is a necessity in order to not decrease the rate at which mesos are farmed starting at level 149 in Bye Bye Station. If the act of intentionally dying repeatedly isn't intended gameplay and is technically against the ToS, the game should allow us to have the option to ignore EXP so that none of us have to violate the ToS.

edit: I forgot to mention this, but this is a problem mainly for players in Reboot.
Dnaman101

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    Staying forever in the same map and at the same level is also not intended gameplay.
    FuhreakHHG1
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    I'm sympathetic to the request because of the absolute non-sensical scaling in this game.

You should not feel punished for leveling up and yet here we are.
    Dnaman101InomushekSlicedTimeCooms
  • MisterPENGUINMisterPENGUIN
    Reactions: 2,075
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    I don't play in Reboot but i do feel this is unfare. If your not supposed to farm mesos, but not allowed to trade other players, sell anything, etcetc.. Then you should be able to ignore exp as said above or simply kill yourself over and over again. This isn't intented Gameplay but Reboot wasn't an intended server. This server was made due to the fact most of the players were compliaining about the F2P Game being P2W. They wanted to change up so Nexon decided to Elimante Trades, Create a Whole Server which is solefully base around yourself. Yet you can't die? How are you supposed to progress in Reboot if the monsters are 10X harder yet you need to farm at your level range 20+ or 20- Levels to even obtain mesos.. Either they should get rid of the Level range you need to be within monsters to gain items. Remove the Gain Less Exp & mesos becuase your to high level. Let people constantly kill themselves, or Let you filter exp..

Btw this is for
    AKradian wrote: »
    Staying forever in the same map and at the same level is also not intended gameplay.

This isn't intended gameplay??
    Then why is this person not Banned from ToS?
    [Removed]
    This girl used to kill herself over and over and over again, Even on video. To be the #1 CPQ Queen. No one said nothing about that. Why did she do that you might ask?
    Well not only for the CPQ Medal you would obtain but because if you didn't she would've outleveled the PQ and wouldn't been able to obtain the medal. Also did it because she was godly.
    #2 I remember i used to kill myself. Not really on purpose but for that Fall Down 100 Times Medal..
    Fell down in FM about 20000x on a bunch of characters for that medal. Died over 50-100x.....
    That's not intended?
    I just dont understand Peoples logic over this.
    No one is hacking, No one is doing anything wrong. Technically if this was Pre BB everyone would die 24/7...

InomushekCoomsDnaman101
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    There is absolutely no need to kill yourself to farm. I have never done it. I will never do it.
    If you find yourself needing to farm for more power to kill mobs at your level, don't you think there's already a feature in the game that handles this?
    Why is party play ignored when people say they aren't powerful enough to solo?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2019
    No one is hacking, No one is doing anything wrong. Technically if this was Pre BB everyone would die 24/7...

"Hacking" is not the go-to, end-all point at which something is or isn't allowed.

At least one user recently has reported being banned for dying to maintain their level. See here. This was contested, and was likely the result of dying in rapid succession which triggered the heuristic anti-hack.
    In addition, whether it is against the rules explicitly to die repeatedly does not mean the behavior is encouraged. Game mechanics suggest this is not intended behavior, regardless of what is explicitly bannable.

The safest way to play the game is to play it as intended. Trying to abuse mechanics or otherwise play the game in an unintentional way can lead to issues, up to and including bans in some cases.
    If you find yourself jumping through hoops to defend the behavior, it's probably not something you should be doing.
    HHG1Fuhreak
  • InomushekInomushek
    Reactions: 410
    edited June 2019

But it wouldn't be against the ToS, would it? Genuinely curious. And Bye Bye Station kicks players out after two hours so no one would actually be staying indefinitely, the map being the go-to map for farming mesos for players just starting out in Reboot.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    Bots: *die repeatedly to stay in same map for maximum profit*
    Autoban: That's illegal.
    Players: *imitates bots for the exact same purpose*
    Autoban: That's illegal.
    Players:
    07HqjQA.png?1
    Cooms
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2019
    Inomushek wrote: »

But it wouldn't be against the ToS, would it? Genuinely curious. And Bye Bye Station kicks players out after two hours so no one would actually be staying indefinitely, the map being the go-to map for farming mesos for players just starting out in Reboot.

You're being pedantic. The two hour timer has no relevance to the point of "staying forever in the same map".
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited June 2019
    What about in the case of farming droplets? Nexon has made it so no droplets exist past Esfera. And before saying why would anyone want to die losing experience at such a high level, from my tenor of lvling from ChuChu to Morass, I had only recieved 100 or so odd droplets. So, it's either I'd have to level up a whole different character who is strong enough and with enough droprate to keep grinding them (which I did anyways, for mesos too), or slowing down/eventually halting my exp gain. I didn't want to make a separate character, but the game didn't leave me a better choice. The better choice would have been to allow droplets to drop past Esfera.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    What about in the case of farming droplets? Nexon has made it so no droplets exist past Esfera. And before saying why would anyone want to die losing experience at such a high level, from my tenor of lvling from ChuChu to Morass, I had only recieved 100 or so odd droplets. So, it's either I'd have to level up a whole different character who is strong enough and with enough droprate to keep grinding them (which I did anyways, for mesos too), or slowing down/eventually halting my exp gain. I didn't want to make a separate character, but the game didn't leave me a better choice. The better choice would have been to allow droplets to drop past Esfera.

You keep getting droplets even when overleveled.
    You just don't get the full amount of meso at the same time.
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    before saying why would anyone want to die losing experience at such a high level

Because over leveled doesn't affect droprate. If you're killing yourself on purpose at that level you're making mistakes on so many levels.
    Just go into any low level map and watch your inventory fill with junk if you think being over leveled affects drop rate.
    It's only EXP/Mesos.