[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Visual] Hurricane skill effects stuck on screen

HHG1HHG1
Reactions: 5,986
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2019 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Visual

Brief bug summary: Using hurricane type attack skills (mille aguilles, vanquisher's charm, etcetc) and exiting a map will often cause the skill animation to still be visible for other players.

More details: This has been an issue several times in the past. Resets when using another skill or changing maps again.

Steps to reproduce:
(for example, easiest replication, does apply to other maps as well)

Kill Root Abyss bosses using a hurricane (fast continuous attack) skill
Exit the map
The other players in the Root Abyss entry map will still see the skill animation on your character
---
Be in a party of 2 or more
Kill Lucid using a hurricane (fast continuous attack) skill
Enter the reward map
The other players in the reward map will still see the skill animation on your character

Character name: all

Character level: all

Character job:
Any class that has a hurricane type of skill.

World name:
all

Date and time of the incident:
Last observed on March 6th, 10 PM PST but it has been an issue for a month or so.

Comments

• Kat27Kat27
    Reactions: 1,150
    edited June 2019
    This issue continues to be a problem. Players who are unaware of this visual glitch are reporting people for hacking too when they see them using a hurricane skill in town.
  • landwolfflandwolff
    Reactions: 400
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    Hi,
    i was recently banned because of this glitch so i took it upon myself to investigate it and file a ticket regarding this:
    Greetings Ori,

Thank you for keeping in touch with us.

Regarding your report, we just want to inform you that as of the moment we are looking into what you experienced so we can fully determine how we may handle and proceed with the matter at hand. We do ask for your patience and understanding towards this. We will continue to look into your report and once an update is available, we will be sure to let you know.

Furthermore, should you have other concerns, feel free to submit another ticket with a detailed explanation of the issue.
    Sincerely,

GM Stratarius
    Nexon Player Support

i sent nexon a video of me recording my phantom who is seen using the joker skill on my kanna's computer and my phantom just standing in leafre on my phantom's computer.

Ticket number 821605
  • landwolfflandwolff
    Reactions: 400
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
  • FoxGodFoxGod
    Reactions: 840
    edited June 2019
    Hurricane skill ability keeps firing when you are afk in chair or in non combat unless you switch map and dont use your hurricane ability. And problem is you cant see it and only others can see this almost all classes with a hurricane like skill has this bug.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    I noticed that this was partially fixed. At least the animation mostly ends in Root Abyss and Lucid now. But animations still get stuck elsewhere.
    lIwo0DP.gif
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    This issue is back bigtime. Seeing it in the Monster Park entry right now. Phantom and Angelic Buster hurricanes, both stuck.