[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Afterlands] Unable to accept the Gold Sack quest

GimoGimo
Reactions: 1,100
edited October 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Quest

Brief bug summary: When attempting to accept the quest from the sack of gold in the "Land of Riches" (top right of the map), the sack won't respond to any interaction if the player has broke the wall.

More details:
The Weather/Time does not change anything.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Break the wall to allow Mansa to leave the castle.
2. Take Ben's item out of the castle.
3. Attempt to accept the quest from the gold sack

Character name: Gimothon

Character level: 193

Character job: Shade

World name: Renegades

Date and time of the incident: 7:30 PM EST 10/27/2016

RedFlamingFireZeldaOfHyruleLailoca

Comments

• AACMIVAACMIV
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited October 2016
    This is happening to me as well.

Steps to reproduce:

Character name: AACMIV
    Character level: 209
    Character job: Blade Master
    World name: Scania
  • ZeldaOfHyruleZeldaOfHyrule
    Reactions: 510
    edited October 2016
    I'm also in the same boat.

Steps to reproduce:

Character name: ShadowInDark
    Character level: 206
    Character job: Shade
    World name: Mardia
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited October 2016
    Happened to me too...

Steps to reproduce:

Character name: RavenMiel

Character level: 215

Character job: Battle Mage

Date and time of the incident: 7:50 PM EST 10/27/2016

• RyokudxdRyokudxd
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2016
    It happened to me :/
    Character name: DemonRyoX

Character level: 136

Character job: Demonslayer

World name: Winda

Date and time of the incident: 11:29 PM EST 10/27/2016
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited October 2016
    Also stuck on this
    Character Name - GeniusKnite

World: Galicia

Personally I would suggest you reset the Afterlands content for us as well
  • RedFlamingFireRedFlamingFire
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    I'm also suck with the same problem and I can't access the gold sack.

Steps to reproduce:

Character Name: RedWildFire

Character Level: 186

Character Job: Wild Hunter

World Name: Windia

Date and time of the incident: 1:30 PM EST 10/28/2016

Thanks for helping.
  • WarameWarame
    Reactions: 675
    edited October 2016
    Well... I guess I have the same problem.
    Can't get the last key.
    Hope it gets fixed soon.

Character Name: Warame

Character Level: 210

Character Job: NightLord

• ghost_of_phighost_of_phi
    Reactions: 700
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Same here.

Character Name: ponponkun
    Character Level: 181
    Character Job: Demon Slayer
    Date and time of the incident: 7:30 PM EST 10/29/2016
  • DrashiaDrashia
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2016
    Same problem here :S

Character Name: Drashia
    Character Level: 200
    Character Job: Bowmaster
    World Name: Kradia
    Date and time of the incident: 11:10 PM EST 10/31/2016
  • ArwenArwen
    edited November 2016
    They haven't fixed yet image
    ZeldaOfHyruleLailoca
  • yarjoryarjor
    edited November 2016
    Same here, tried with all weather/day-night combinations and also tries eating gold pieces when trying to trigger the quest, nothing worked :(

Character name: DealtoDeath

Character level: 188

Character job: Battle Mage

• MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    You do not interact directly with the Gold Sack. In the Land of Warriors under certain circumstances, interacting with the statue will initiate a dialog about the spear being separate. You will then be able to talk to the Pirate NPC who says water can free the spear. You then make it rain and go back. The spear launches into the Land of Riches, opening the Gold Sack. I did this last, after Mansa was outside and small, so that is not the cause of the issue.

Since I did this soon after the content became available, I wasn't mindful of what variables I had in place that initiated the dialog. If anyone else who successfully caused it can recall, we can narrow down the factors and figure out where the real issue is. Keep in mind that the issue does not relate to Mansa being outside.
  • ArwenArwen
    edited November 2016
    MegaScience

You do not interact directly with the Gold Sack. In the Land of Warriors under certain circumstances, interacting with the statue will initiate a dialog about the spear being separate. You will then be able to talk to the Pirate NPC who says water can free the spear. You then make it rain and go back. The spear launches into the Land of Riches, opening the Gold Sack. I did this last, after Mansa was outside and small, so that is not the cause of the issue.

Since I did this soon after the content became available, I wasn't mindful of what variables I had in place that initiated the dialog. If anyone else who successfully caused it can recall, we can narrow down the factors and figure out where the real issue is. Keep in mind that the issue does not relate to Mansa being outside.
    I have tried many ways...and i just got this dialogue...

• PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited November 2016
    MegaScience

If what you say is true, then the only other variable besides the weather and time of day I could think of would be what color each person in the Land of Contemplation are since what color they are doesn't seem to affect anything else.
  • ArwenArwen
    edited November 2016
    PhoenixKumo

MegaScience

If what you say is true, then the only other variable besides the weather and time of day I could think of would be what color each person in the Land of Contemplation are since what color they are doesn't seem to affect anything else.

I have tried and still not working...I did all the quest left..and nothing happened
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited November 2016
    I still say you should reset the theme dungeon's progress for us who have it glitched, if someone can pass that message on.
  • AceJackAceJack
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Hello, have the same problem on reboot server. Hope they will fix it soon!
  • JohnMillerJohnMiller
    Reactions: 530
    edited November 2016
    edit: nvm others said it doesn't work
  • KagoKago
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Needless to say, happening to me too , and is happening to everyone who don't trigger this quest on time,or have done the questline in different order .

Character Name: Kagø
    Character Level: 220
    Character Job: Demon Slayer
    World Name: Luna (EMS)
  • RukaedeRukaede
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    Hey guys. For all those who got stuck with 11/12 keys on the afterland quest (most especially the bag quest). I got lucky and finished it today. Apparently all you need is persistence lol. First, i started changing channels to double click the sack but it didnt work. Then i started doing that repeatable quest from the guy who gives you consumable gold. after i gathered all the neccesary materials for that quest(which was collecting 20 food baskets) I went straight to the bag and double clicked it then the chat appeared. so basically what worked for me is before turning in the quest to get that gold something, you directly go straight to the bag and double click it. Im not sure that it will work for you but i hope it does. Goodluck guys.

PS: the weather was sunny. I really hope it works for you guys too. Goodluck!